Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although I was talking about words in general, rather than surnames .

Although some misinformed people did indeed call Chelsea , Chelski , 15 years ago , the nickname didnt seem to stick , especially once people realised that "ski" was a typical Polish word ending

Crikey !!! haven't been on here for a while but i see this thread has got a lot more interesting than it use to be ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What was wrong with Ederson late in the game; distribution was off - tthat one-two he played with Ozil ended  up being funny when it could have been disastrous.

Yeah. Probably no match practice. Didn't play in the WC, friendlies nor the Charity Shield

Benjamin Mendy's rout of Arsenal shows that Pep Guardiola's Man City are evolving

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/3595353/benjamin-mendys-rout-of-arsenal-shows-that-pep-guardiolas-man-city-are-evolving

informative review of BOTH teams by Zonal Marking's Michael Cox (always enjoy reading his stuff).

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do know that Sterling scored 18 premier league goals alone last year, don't you? Only Salah, Kane, Aguero and Vardy scored more than him

15 hours ago, balo said:

Let me guess, the next Sterling goal will happen some time next year.

18 goals in 33 Premier games and 23 goals in 46 matches last season is pretty impressive!

3 of those Premier goals came against your Spurs team Balo!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do know that Sterling scored 18 premier league goals alone last year, don't you? Only Salah, Kane, Aguero and Vardy scored more than him

I really don't understand why Sterling seems to attract the negativity he does.  Seems grossly unfair to me.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

I really don't understand why Sterling seems to attract the negativity he does.  Seems grossly unfair to me.

Racists Carmine, who are fed a diet of racist tripe by the racist media. It feeds on itself.

Edited by jellydog
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yeah it's a strange one. I could understand the scousers at first giving him grief but even they have backed off now

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But it's not like he's the only black player in the prem

True, but once the media "identify" a black player as deserving of criticism he becomes the focal point for all the racists. The media know this and continue with the barrage of negative press to consolidate their base of subscribers/readers. As much as it is about racism, it is also about m-o-n-e-y.

• Confused 1

It got nothing to do with racism , he could have been as white as an ice bear. 

Yes we can make jokes about people , it's still allowed.  

It's a fact he did not score many goals for England , if he scores in the next City game and the next and the next,  I would not be surprised. 

26 minutes ago, balo said:

It got nothing to do with racism , he could have been as white as an ice bear. 

Yes we can make jokes about people , it's still allowed.  

Of course jokes are allowed. It's just strange how Sterling gets singled out. Don't think the racism bit was pointed at you

26 minutes ago, balo said:

It's a fact he did not score many goals for England , if he scores in the next City game and the next and the next,  I would not be surprised. 

But it's City who he is playing for and it was your comment about him not scoring till next year after he had scored for City

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course jokes are allowed. It's just strange how Sterling gets singled out. Don't think the racism bit was pointed at you

But it's City who he is playing for and it was your comment about him not scoring till next year after he had scored for City

He get's singled out when playing for England because in a lot of people's opinion's he is not that productive when playing for England, it's not rocket science, obviously people will throw in the race card, generally because they don't want to see the truth !

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

He get's singled out when playing for England because in a lot of people's opinion's he is not that productive when playing for England, it's not rocket science, obviously people will throw in the race card, generally because they don't want to see the truth !

You mean armchair fans who know naff about football

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's just strange how Sterling gets singled out. Don't think the racism bit was pointed at you

I like Sterling as a player. But I think the reason he gets singled out is two fold - the nature of his move to City from Liverpool (seen as disrespecting the club + money grabbing etc), and the fact he misses a lot of easy chances (albeit scores a lot and gets into good positions).

To the casual football watcher, disrespectful money grabber + misses sitters isn't a good combination. 

Disrecting the club.

Players have careers, they're generally not fans of the club they play for. If i want to move from the company i work for for a better job with another company am i disrespecting my current employers. Answer = no.

Liverpool fans made a big deal about Sterling moving on though they received a nice transfer fee for him. That in part has fueled the anti-Sterling movement.

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You mean armchair fans who know naff about football

So because they have a different opinion to yourself that mean's they know naff about football, after all your not an armchair fan are you ?

Edited by alfieconn

18 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So because they have a different opinion to yourself that mean's they know naff about football, after all your not an armchair fan are you ?

During the WC, most of the pundits and ex-players were supporting Sterling and commending him on his performances. It was the numpty's who never watch football except for drink fuelled WC matches every 4 years that were giving him grief.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

During the WC, most of the pundits and ex-players were supporting Sterling and commending him on his performances. It was the numpty's who never watch football except for drink fuelled WC matches every 4 years that were giving him grief.

So not all of them then, so what would call the one's who weren't supporting him?

Edited by alfieconn

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So not all of them then, so what would call the one's who weren't supporting him?

Well you'd have to point one out to me, so I can give you my opinion on his article/comments.

BTW. What was your opinion on Sterling's performance in the WC

50 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well you'd have to point one out to me, so I can give you my opinion on his article/comments.

BTW. What was your opinion on Sterling's performance in the WC

I have to point him out !!!  your the one who said 

most of the pundits and ex-players were supporting Sterling

so i took it that you must have been  listening too some ex player's / pundit's who weren't supporting Sterling, anyway i wasn't asking for your opinion on their article / comment's, just whether they also knew naff about football being as they had a different opinion to yourself ! 

As for my opinion, doesn't weigh in enough with goals or assist's for an attacking player / forward for England, what was it, one assist and 0 goals in 6 games in the world cup and 2 goals in 6 year's.

Edited by alfieconn

City are reported to have rejected Spurs’ atempts to reverse the fixture, as it means City would have a run of three away games in April; Spurs would have four home games on the trot.

It's completely irrelevant that this is City, but why should any of Spurs opponents be inconvenienced in any way because Spurs have underestimated when they will be able to use their new stadium.

Playing at a temporary venue which does not inconvenience the opponent or its fans is acceptable.

Game reversal is unacceptable.

Postponement is unacceptable.

If you can't arrange the game then forfeit the game.