Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He had another swipe at Poch and Klopp yesterday in another interesting 6 minute spell at the press conference 

It's not having a swipe. It's called being honest in your opinions and not caring what the English media / fans think.

It was the journalist who put it to him that when he asked Klopp / Poch if they would consider themselves a great manager without winning anything at their clubs, they said no. Mourinho said he would consider himself a great manager even if he didn't win anything else.. And there is a major difference here - (a) Mourinho has already won trophies at United and (b) he has won 8 X league titles and 2 X CLs...  Unlike those two. So what he said was spot on, if not entirely modest. 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's not having a swipe. It's called being honest in your opinions and not caring what the English media / fans think.

It was the journalist who put it to him that when he asked Klopp / Poch if they would consider themselves a great manager without winning anything at their clubs, they said no. Mourinho said he would consider himself a great manager even if he didn't win anything else.. And there is a major difference here - (a) Mourinho has already won trophies at United and (b) he has won 8 X league titles and 2 X CLs...  Unlike those two. So what he said was spot on, if not entirely modest. 

Its called being a complete and utter <deleted>

20 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The old man swinging his blind stick around angrily hoping to cause as much disruption as possible whilst Klippety and Poch sit nearby enjoying a pot of tea.

yeah, proof you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  His football so dull, static, and out dated.  Its nothing to do with mind games in his press conferences,  just sh*thouse behavior by a classless <deleted>

i doubt he'll last past mid november.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

I do find it strange that Poch is talked about in the same way as Klopp, Maureen and Pep as he's won....absolutely ZILCH. Is Poch any better than Dyche for instance?

That's a bating thread if I ever saw one. Poch is a top coach and I'd back him to fill the spot at City with the same or better success as the current tea bag PG.

Edited by Rc2702

50 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Being as it’s a Manchester United press conference about the match with Burnley and not a Jose Mourinho testimonial dinner, he doesn’t do himself any favours and slagging off others to justify his career as a whole, well

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's a bating thread if I ever saw one. Poch is a top coach and I'd back home to fill the spot at City with the same or better success as the current tea bag PG.

Yes another pathetic post from a mediocre troll.  Well, a troll or else he's just bit thick like!

• Haha 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

I'm a bit shocked you do not see the press is playing the Mourinho tune to perfection and drawing irrelevant answers from him that make him look a clown. I'd be gutted if my manager was talking about anything other than getting the team on track and he should keep his trap shut until he does just that and every answer should only be on the cause and nothing else should be given a seconds thought.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm a bit shocked you do not see the press is playing the Mourinho tune to perfection and drawing irrelevant answers from him that make him look a clown. I'd be gutted if my manager was talking about anything other than getting the team on track and he should keep his trap shut until he does just that and every answer should only be on the cause and nothing else should be given a seconds thought.

Its called deflecting attention away from the team, hes been doing it for years. Most press conferences mean absolutely nothing when it comes down to it. The less he talks about the team when we are doing badly the better.

I really don't mind him ranting in press conferences, and you lot are obviously entertained by it... So everybody's a winner!

37 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's a bating thread if I ever saw one. Poch is a top coach and I'd back him to fill the spot at City with the same or better success as the current tea bag PG.

1. I stated a FACT - Poch has won sweet fack all. Care to prove me wrong?

2. I stated my opinion on Poch and Dyche. Poch is foreign and manages a top london club = must be brilliant / Dyche is English and manages a small Lancashire club = doesn't  deserve a mention.

Get back on your liverpool thread with all your liverpool (err greater manchester actally) mates; oops, but their not brummies mates are they ?

1. I stated a FACT - Poch has won sweet fack all. Care to prove me wrong?

2. I stated my opinion on Poch and Dyche. Poch is foreign and manages a top london club = must be brilliant / Dyche is English and manages a small Lancashire club = doesn't  deserve a mention.

Get back on your liverpool thread with all your liverpool (err greater manchester actally) mates; oops, but their not brummies mates are they ?

Dyche is a great manager but he clearly does not fancy managing a higher positioned club. He rejected Everton I believe. Put it this way. I'd back Dyche for the city Job but I reckon if there is one thing missing from his experience it is handling superstars and big boardrooms with more executives than the football squad.

I believe Poch won a couple of manager of the months and about 3 quarterfinals!

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Dyche is a great manager but he clearly does not fancy managing a higher positioned club. He rejected Everton I believe. Put it this way. I'd back Dyche for the city Job but I reckon if there is one thing missing from his experience it is handling superstars and big boardrooms with more executives than the football squad.

Pochettino  has been a coach / manager coming  up  to 10 years. Wikipedia  states his managerial  honours in that period as four (4), yes FOUR, Premier League Manager of the Month awards. Impressive; NOT!

Pochettino  has been a coach / manager coming  up  to 10 years. Wikipedia  states his managerial  honours in that period as four (4), yes FOUR, Premier League Manager of the Month awards. Impressive; NOT!

The guy has a chance of managing you one day so I have no idea why your trying to dismiss him. I don't like this tact bareback it's not befitting of an older statesman like yourself. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You know Dyche well do you to make such a statement? No of course you don't, it's just an assumption. You think Dyche's ambition is to manage Burnley or a team of Burnley's stature do you? You need to wise up.

He was linked with Everton between Koeman and Allardyce and we all know the state they were in then. No, Dyche played it smart. Burnley were doing well at that time so he stuck with what he knew...think time has shown that to be a good move having established Burnley  and got them in to europe...now that's  impressive in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The guy has a chance of managing you one day so I have no idea why your trying to dismiss him. I don't like this tact bareback it's not befitting of an older statesman like yourself. 

He's too busy sulking about last week's defeat to talk reason R2D2. ?

Yes defeat cos anything other than a win leaves their sense of entitlement askew.

Think CL last year.

Edited by RonniePickering22
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Here you go again making wild statements with no basis to back them up. How do you know Pochettino  has a chance to manage City one day? On your basis ANY manager has a chance of managing City some day, of course  they do, why not.

And my initial  point stands, Pochettino has won nothing but is heralded as a great manager...Spurs are not a small club with mickey mouse resources  you know, they are one of the *wealthiest  clubs in the world with great resources so he needs to turn that in to trophies to be a great manager...so far, zilch!

10th richest club in the  world

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Edited by Bredbury Blue

You know Dyche well do you to make such a statement? No of course you don't, it's just an assumption. You think Dyche's ambition is to manage Burnley or a team of Burnley's stature do you? You need to wise up.

He was linked with Everton between Koeman and Allardyce and we all know the state they were in then. No, Dyche played it smart. Burnley were doing well at that time so he stuck with what he knew...think time has shown that to be a good move having established Burnley  and got them in to europe...now that's  impressive in my opinion.

I think pochetino has done much better actually. He has turned Spurs into a top 3 team and 4th would be deemed just satisfactory now for them. What he has done in the last 3 years or is it four is cement consistency. Sorry but before pochetino no one was taking Spurs that seriously. You seem to have forgotten life before Poch. It was no where as good for thfc

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm particularly enjoying this seeing him make such a chump of himself!!!

Here you go again making wild statements with no basis to back them up. How do you know Pochettino  has a chance to manage City one day? On your basis ANY manager has a chance of managing City some day, of course  they do, why not.

And my initial  point stands, Pochettino has won nothing but is heralded as a great manager...Spurs are not a small club with mickey mouse resources  you know, they are one of the *wealthiest  clubs in the world with great resources so he needs to turn that in to trophies to be a great manager...so far, zilch!

10th richest club in the  world

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Pellegrini did he win anything prior to man city? Before you google it. I'll tell you. Nothing of note in europe. Zilch. He still got the job with zero PL experience so what are you talking about. There is zero logic to your point and I think city or any top prem club would be looking at him if the opportunity arose.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Pellegrini did he win anything prior to man city? Before you google it. I'll tell you. Nothing of note in europe. Zilch. He still got the job with zero PL experience so what are you talking about. There is zero logic to your point and I think city or any top prem club would be looking at him if the opportunity arose.

You ask "did he win anything prior to man city? " but when you answer your own question you move the goalposts dont you with "Nothing of note in europe". Nice try though kid but laughable.

You ask "did he win anything prior to man city? " but when you answer your own question you move the goalposts dont you with "Nothing of note in europe". Nice try though kid but laughable.

Yh your missing the point. Why would pellegrini have had a chance and Poch not on the basis of previous experience? I understand why you wrote it but what you wrote just confirms you are squirming away as you know you are spouting rubbish and your a better man than this but that draw last week must be making you reach for the top shelf a bit more than usual I suspect. Better stock up lad

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh your missing the point. Why would pellegrini have had a chance and Poch not on the basis of previous experience? I understand why you wrote it but what you wrote just confirms you are squirming away as you know you are spouting rubbish and your a better man than this but that draw last week must be making you reach for the top shelf a bit more than usual I suspect. Better stock up lad

Your first sentance - Why did City appoint Pellegrini you are asking? Won trophies, did great things in Spain with Villareal and Malaga, did well with Real Madrid (record points  total) and was good with handling galacticos, and City wanted a manager with a holistic approach   (City's  description  not mine) after BobbyManc. 

Your 2nd sentance - childish, clutching at straws and not worthy of a response.

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

There are only. 4 trophies and 2 of them are the most difficult to win on the planet. 

Poch has got a team playing at the highest level of football consistently in the top 4 and he has done it on the budget of a bottom half club.

Hallelujah brother!

On the budget of a bottom half club, yeah great, but from the 10th richest club in the world is laughable...think we can all agree if they want to win trophies they're  going to go up a gear which means spending some of that wealth to compete with Arsenal, Chelsea  Liverpool, City and United. Hell, even Swansea, Birmingham, Leicester and Wigan have won trophies in the 10 years since Spurs last won a trophy.

Big club but need to push on to be a winning club!

Your first sentance - Why did City appoint Pellegrini you are asking? Won trophies, did great things in Spain with Villareal and Malaga, did well with Real Madrid (record points  total) and was good with handling galacticos, and City wanted a manager with a holistic approach   (City's  description  not mine) after BobbyManc. 

Your 2nd sentance - childish, clutching at straws and not worthy of a response.

Just for clarity. 

Pellegrini only honour in europe was the intertoto cup. That's like winning the Leyland daf cup or the Ryman league.