Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just had a quick look on the https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ and the main article headline is 'Action and reactions as City escape with win'. Escape? Not the way I saw it or most the media? Interested to know what the non-City & Spurs who saw it thought. Did City escape?

Yeah we definitely did escape with Ederson saving their one shot on target. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah we definitely did escape with Ederson saving their one shot on target. 

Yes but us on here were aware we didn't stand an earthly and as you said only one shot on target and City only conceding three goals all season adds ever more fuel to my point.  I heard two City fans predicting on my FB feed weekend before last you'd win 5-0 and you did so don't go telling me City fans think they will have it tough.  They think they are going to steamroll everyone bar a couple and think winning the leagues a banker.  Must still be irritating for Pep that Liverpool keep on winning!

I'm not sure you actually need a keeper for most of your league games. A rush goalie perhaps.   But i suppose you bought him for the CL.

Edited by carmine

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I heard two City fans predicting on my FB feed weekend before last you'd win 5-0 and you did so don't go telling me City fans think they will have it tough.  They think they are going to steamroll everyone bar a couple and think winning the leagues a banker.  And they are right.  

Most City fans are not represented by those 2 mouthy gits

• Took a while to get used to watching that game with all the bloody NFL lines, but after a while the lines across the pitch were useful, and i wish to thank Spurs for educating me in how wide a NFL pitch is (it's very narrow) compared to a football pitch.
  • Thought first half we were excellent and second half we laboured a little having not killed the game off when we should have.
  • We created plenty of chances but were wasteful, but pleasing to see we gave few chances away to Spurs in our half - the defence seems to be doing well this season to date.
  • Loved Ederson's block tackle on Harry, and his long passes down field continue to surprise me as much as our opponents - does any other goalie kick it as far with as much accuracy?
  • Cracking goal from Sterling who burnt Trippier for pace and trickery and it was a great 55 metre run from Mahrez to get in the box and finish nicely.
  • Silva, La Porte, Stones, Ederson, Sterling and Mahrez were all decent or excellent and Fernandinho was really back to form last night - really enjoyed his performance last night as the pantomine villain.
  • Mahrez these past games is now looking like the player we thought we'd bought (as the guardian says "Mahrez always seemed to be free, jinking always to his left, a jink so well advertised one half expected it to pop up on the scrolling boards at the side of the pitch in shiny flashing text, but which somehow nobody ever really seems to expect.").
  • Sterling looked dangerous throughout the game - Trippier doesn't like pacey players does he and has struggled against Sane and Sterling.
  • LaPorte is now looking the business and Stones kept Harry under control.
  • Mendy was an absolute nightmare - must have cut 20M off his own valuation, he was that bad. Good at the 'air kick' though. Needs to sort himself out or he'll be shipped out. Sure Delph would have been on at halftime if he'd been on the bench.

Well worth going to bed at 9pm and getting up at 3am.

Been enjoying some of the NFL puns:

Manchester City Mavericks were playing the Tottenham Titans.

A 75-yard punt from Ederson and a fumble by Trippier sets up Sterling to reverse pass to Mahrez. TOUCHDOWN Citizens.

Does the "NFL" in the middle of the pitch at Wembley stand for "Not Finished Lane"?

Erik Lamela is one day too late for that field goal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a comment that "Mendy played like a man wearing giant novelty shoes". He wasn't that good frankly.

I can't think of a player in the Pep era who had such a mare.

Felt sorry for Pep as we had no one to replace Mendy with - bringing Otamendi on and moving Laporte to LB would have weakened / unbalanced us. Yet Spurs didn't really exploit his terrible performance.

Having only one recognised leftback must sorted soon.

19 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If Carmine believes a team as big as Spurs, who were 2 points behind us in the table, didn't  have an earthly then i suggest he gives up watching football because hes clearly not very familiar with the concept any team can beat any team in the Premier.

And you really don't do any favors at all with regards how neutrals view City fans.  ????

Edited by carmine

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Stop it. I'm starting to fill up here

Sorry to inform you but the reality of the situation is that City travelled to London to play a top four side and Guardiola felt confident enough to leave de Bruyne and Sane too i believe,  on the bench, a decision that the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea should find somewhat disturbing.  You played well below par and still won.  So please enough of the pointless waffle on this subject, you ain't kidding anyone.  

Its a bit like a bike race, you being on a 500cc and the rest, bar Chelsea,  on 125's????  Funny, because when crunch time comes on the big CL stage City always bottle it.  That really needs to change this season!  Its all very well steamrolling small clubs with massively inferior squads but it really has to be done at the highest level against clubs with similar resources.  

Don't fill up too much now, will you!!!!

Edited by carmine

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry to inform you but the reality of the situation is that City travelled to London to play a top four side and Guardiola felt confident enough to leave de Bruyne and Sane too i believe,  on the bench, a decision that the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea should find somewhat disturbing.  You played well below par and still won.  So please enough of the pointless waffle on this subject, you ain't kidding anyone.  

It was only 0-1 and you had a chance to get level but you're sounding like it was a thrashing.

BTW it was you who started the pointless waffle. I merely responded to you.

P.S. FWIW I think Poch is a great manager

CARMINE: "Guardiola felt confident enough to leave de Br u yne and San e too i believe,  on the bench, a decision that the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea sho uld find somewhat disturbing."

KdB was left on the bench as he's  not fully match fit as shown by his very rusty performance  when he came on.

Sane has been pushed out of the team by Pep continuing to bed Mahrez in which requires Sterling to play left side. There is also the feeling that Sane and Mendy don't  work well together.

I'm  sure neither Liverpool  nor Chelsea are disturbed one bit by City's  performances and both fancy their chances, rightly so, it's anybodies to win.

Seems Carmine has waived the white flag on behalf of Spurs - the injustice of it all says the man who supports THE TENTH RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!!!

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Its a bit like a bike race, you being on a 500cc and the rest, bar Chelsea,  on 125's????  Funny, because when crunch time comes on the big CL stage City always bottle it.  That really needs to change this season!  Its all very well steamrolling small clubs with massively inferior squads but it really has to be done at the highest level against clubs with similar resources.  

Don't fill up too much now, will you!!!!

Sour grapes again

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I really wonder why Carmine bothers watching football if he considers it's a done deal that City or Chelsea will win the Premier every season based on having the richest owners - if only football was so simple. He sounds a tad bitter.

A qyick squint around the European leagues shows that's exactly what is happening in every one of them.

For a team that reputedly can't defend, City currently have the best record this season in europe for fewest goals conceded in the league (3) and most clean sheets (7).

Injury situation has improved, with Gundogan, Danilo, Mangala and Delph have all returned to training with the only player out being Bravo, out for the season with a ruptured achilles.

City have played at Wembley 4 times so far in 2018, and won on all 4 occasions.

City vs Fulham in the Carabao cup is being televised around the world but not in the uk and Thailand, and i think not in Saudi.

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A qyick squint around the European leagues shows that's exactly what is happening in every one of them.

Try explaining the obvious to the fans of the sugar daddy clubs.

I swear to you, i would <deleted> hate it if some Boris or an arab bought Spurs.  We end up lying to ourselves like this lot.

Trying to convince everyone come the weekend that their match which should be a total walkover is somehow going to be competitive and then slapping themselves on the back when they obviously win.  <deleted>

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I really wonder why Carmine bothers watching football if he considers it's a done deal that City or Chelsea will win the Premier every season based on having the richest owners - if only football was so simple. He sounds a tad bitter.

Yeah that's it, keep convincing yourself of whatever goes through that head of yours.  And whilst your at it stop trying to twist certain points i make. Big time Charley

Edited by carmine

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He's definitely up there on merit. Tremendous growth. I thought it was due to playing with Suarez but he's kicked on a lot under a lot of pressure.

Reported £300,000/ week 

Would he have got anywhere near that if he had stayed at Liverpool?

Edited by Kadilo