Manchester City

mrbojangles

Back to football and not tabloid sensationalism.

Mendy has become a real worry of late. There's no disputing his good effect up top but his defending, which has always been up for question, has become very erratic in the last few games - I'm sick of seeing him missing the ball. One article I've read reckons we should  give zinchenko more of a run out but while he's more of a balanced team player than  Mendy or Delph, im not sure. This has got to be Peps biggest dilemma every game. We only have one left back on our books (maybe shouldn't have let Angelino move on) so i reckon this and a defensive midfielder will be the two players we buy next summer.

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

interesting to hear Der Spiegel throwing the word "cheat" about a number of times. presumably they have the evidence to back that up.

good listen on it here on the irish times second captains podcast. from about 34 minutes in: 

nice one, I'll have a listen to that later ????

• Like 1

Just now, StevieH said:

also from 1hr 7mins or so, rory smith talking about it and some of the stuff he understands der spiegel to have not yet published.

I think what's been thrown out so far is the tip of the iceberg.  Der Spiegel also seem very confident, not concerned about possible legal action.  

I wonder if the City board are feeling as confident as MrB and the Bredbury?  I doubt it, their silence is deafening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I think what's been thrown out so far is the tip of the iceberg.  Der Spiegel also seem very confident, not concerned about possible legal action.  

I wonder if the City board are feeling as confident as MrB and the Bredbury?  I doubt it, their silence is deafening.

Perhaps City have appointed Sepp Blatter as their new lawyer? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maximuss99 said:

The usual Totts muppetts 

having a axe to grind against M/City which in my view has come rather tedious !!!

They should peruse the dealings of Levy.s Enic and Old Bahamas Joe.s Tavistock which controll Totts F C 

makes M/City look like choir  boys

very jealous lot. all down to not winning a crumpet and  a cold  one at that!!

You can hardly accuse them of breaking FFP Rules, in fact i wish they would ????

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

When the Totts muppets  work in tandems or trio.s replying to any factual on topic posts not in their favour

they are getting nervy as

the truth hurts !!!.

Deleted 

Edited by Kadilo

50 minutes ago, nev said:

If it helps to take your mind off the dross you are having to put up with nev, carry on. It's a pretty sad life at the moment being a Red. Never in my life have I heard of Spiegel but all of a sudden it's the source of all truth

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If it helps to take your mind off the dross you are having to put up with nev, carry on. It's a pretty sad life at the moment being a Red. Never in my life have I heard of Spiegel but all of a sudden it's the source of all truth

Yes it does and I am enjoying every minute of it.

Keep your head buried in the sand their is another two more to come. ????

10 hours ago, maximuss99 said:

Good luck to Man/City

they have raised the bar

for other EPL clubs to reach  .no difference to Fergie.s golden days at Old Trafford and

playing attractive football which i enjoy

the detractors  of  Man City particular the Tott.s muppets are deluded. due to jealousy  nuffin else 

but

sheer jealousy!!!!!

It's completely different to Fergie's golden days, virtually the opposite 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Maybe if you took interest in investigative journalism you would be one of the 840,000 weekly readers, largest in Europe. Far from the Daily Express.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Spiegel

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Explain.

Really?  You've not been following the last 2 days on your page? How is United's youth based, driven success under Fergie comparable. How is United's vision and business model of the 90's which turned real revenue, built on the team's success even remotely comparable to your lottery win and what appears to be subsequent breaking of the rules. 

These are damning reports on how you got to where you are. These are not opinions, they are based on documents that have been leaked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Really?  You've not been following the last 2 days on your page? How is United's youth based, driven success under Fergie comparable. How is United's vision and business model of the 90's which turned real revenue, built on the team's success even remotely comparable to your lottery win and what appears to be subsequent breaking of the rules. 

These are damning reports on how you got to where you are. These are not opinions, they are based on documents that have been leaked. 

Who's had his cage rattled this week and is showing desperation ????

27 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Maybe if you took interest in investigative journalism you would be one of the 840,000 weekly readers, largest in Europe. Far from the Daily Express.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Spiegel

Now you are totally clutching at very thin straws. In all the years on this forum not once has anybody ever quoted them before about anything. Absolute tosh and you know it. I'll start quoting the Sun if you like

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's completely different to Fergie's golden days, virtually the opposite 

Certainly as far as scoring goals Is concerned. ????

Teams to score 5+ goals in a league game since Man Utd last did in May 2013 Fergie last game 5-5 v w Brom 

Manchester City 21 times

Liverpool 12

Tottenham 9

Arsenal 8

MK Dons 8

Peterborough 8

Bournemouth 7

Chelsea 7

Brentford 6

Derby 6

Hull 6

Bristol City 5

Cambridge 5

Norwich 5

Watford 5

Accrington 4

Right...... carry on. Apologies for the distraction. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2