Family begins demolition of Baan Pa Ngam resort in Thap Lan National Park

webfact

Family begins demolition of Baan Pa Ngam resort in Thap Lan National Park
Manit Sanabboon
The Nation

30245824-01_big.jpg
File photo as of February 2014

BANGKOK: -- After a decade-long legal battle, owners of the 125-rai Baan Pa Ngam mountain lodge in Prachin Buri's Na Di district, which was deemed to be illegally built in Thap Lan National Park, held a "farewell" press conference yesterday - before starting to demolish the premises.

The resort is well known as a place for young couples to hold wedding parties. It has also done adventure-themed marriage registrations, in which couples hang on ropes from a cliff on Valentine's Day.

Resort manager Nakorn Wutthikanakorn and the Wutthikanakorn family issued a statement yesterday saying that the lodge had operated until Saturday but demolition work by 10 workers and a backhoe would commence yesterday.

The family said demolishing the resort was for a better solution for all sides, and they would start with the power generator building first and move all furniture to a new adventure-themed resort - possibly in Nakhon Ratchasima's Pak Chong district, Ratchaburi's Suan Pheung district or Min Buri in Bangkok.

The Bt160-million resort, established in 1998, was due to be demolished on October 27, because it is located in the national park.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Family-begins-demolition-of-Baan-Pa-Ngam-resort-in-30245824.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-20

• Like 2

If I robbed a bank, invested the money to become even richer, and was then caught 16 years later, would the police then be satisfied if I just returned the amount I robbed? Or would they put me in prison as well?

If it helps, we can say it was a government owned bank I robbedsmile.png

Edited by monkeycountry

Seems like a waste ... such a nice place doesn't need to be destroyed. The revenue could go the state and the family could operate the lodge, kinda like tenant farmers.

That could just serve to embolden others...

However, a small smack on the wrist, and allowing them to brag about their next venture, funded with stolen money. That is hardly a deterrent itself.

It is a beautiful place, the family should be forced to operate it as a form of punishment, more like forced labour. Their assets should have been confiscated already.

Getting rid of corruption? All talk and no real action, imo.

• Like 1