Thai tourism may get Ebola-fear leg up

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of crap ! Hanging your hat on increased tourism whilst the plague of the 21st century could be under way. People are suffering and all the president of the Tourism Council of Thailand wants to do is to think about how Thailand may profit from it. Thoughtless and crass statements.

A great example of Thainess.

Ebola Travel Bans Enacted by Nearly 30 Countries http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/ebola-travel-ban/2014/10/16/id/601025/

Angola

Botswana

Cameroon

Chad

Colombia (South America)

Congo (DRC)

Equatorial Guinea

Gabon

Gambia

Ivory Coast

Kenya

Lesotho

Madagascar

Malawi

Mauritius

Morocco

Mozambique

Namibia

Nigeria

Rwanda

St. Lucia

Senegal

South Africa

South Sudan

Swaziland

Tanzania

Togo

Zambia 

Zimbabwe

When the outbreak comes would you prefer to be in Bangkok or at home with access to healthcare

These people really are on another planet. When the outbreak goes global no one will be travelling anywhere. Duh

Why would you think you won't have access to health care in Thailand?

Not that it's going to do anything for you but ......

I think access to food and water would be far more important.

But to your question. Why would you not have access to health care in Thailand?

When the outbreak comes would you prefer to be in Bangkok or at home with access to healthcare

These people really are on another planet. When the outbreak goes global no one will be travelling anywhere. Duh

Why would you think you won't have access to health care in Thailand?

Not that it's going to do anything for you but ......

I think access to food and water would be far more important.

But to your question. Why would you not have access to health care in Thailand?

Free access to healthcare.

Do you think an average travel policy is going to cover Ebola treatment in a Thai hospital. Thailand's healthcare is barely going to be able to cover its own people should the disease come to Thailand.

Where are all these millions of people terrified of Ebola who wish to travel today?

Why does anyone assume that Thailand is and will stay Ebola free. It has a massive transit hub airport. Give it a few weeks. Its coming.

I for one wouldnt fancy being stuck in Thailand with an Ebola outbreak going on. The medial system will fall to bits in no time.

You really have to wonder about some of these people. One, trying to make hay from a crisis in west Africa. Two, being , so massively ignorant as to imagine that anyone would avoid travel to three massive continents because of an epidemic in Liberia.

Cretinous is the adjective that springs to mind. You have to question on what basis these people get and keep their jobs.

• Like 1

I've worked with this man in the past....he has a strange manner of being able

to "get it right" more than any other scientist or researcher does. I take what

he says to heart....maybe TAT should bend an ear his way. Oh...but first they

must clear out the thick clog of wax....

post-146250-0-67575900-1413779358_thumb.

• Like 1

You really have to wonder about some of these people. One, trying to make hay from a crisis in west Africa. Two, being ,so massively ign orant as to imagine that anyone would avoid travel to three massive continents because of an epidemic in Liberia.

Cretinous is the adjective that springs to mind. You have to question on what basis these people get and keep their jobs.

You wrote, "so massively ign orant as to imagine that anyone would avoid travel to three massive continents because of an epidemic in Liberia."

The Ebola virus has made a lot of people scared to travel. This is bad news for the travel industry, which was just starting to get back on its feet. In fact, this Ebola outbreak has so many people scared of flying that stocks for airlines have been crashing around the world.

http://news.carrentals.co.uk/airline-stocks-crash-due-to-ebola-scare-34267798.html

Desperate times call for desperate measures?

Things must be really bad if Ebola is all they've got to boost tourism.

Just to add - it's utterly disgusting that the death of tens of thousands of people and the horrific plight of many, many more could be seen as being positive in any way shape or form for Thailand.

If a politician or industry leader made these comments in any other country, they'd almost certainly lose their job. I hope the same thing happens here.

DISGUSTING.

Because Thailand does not have Ebola is not disgusting. It's lucky. Because Thailand stays free from Ebola will depend on the intelligence of the current rulers. Last I heard Thailand was sending money and medical assistance to Africa. So what else do you want? USA did not have the protocols in place or the smarts to use them and as a result has infected people with Ebola. I hope Thailand is smarter.

Last you heard? Would like to hear some specifics. Who, What, When, Where and how much.

Imagine the outcry in LOS if someone would come up with this in a western newspaper:

“Thailand's rising HIV infections are in favor and warmly welcomed by officials representing Europe's tourist destinations”

You mean like the front page story in the Sun and the stories in the DailyMail UK about Fish Pedicure spreading HIV in Thailand.

• Like 1

Because Thailand does not have Ebola is not disgusting. It's lucky. Because Thailand stays free from Ebola will depend on the intelligence of the current rulers. Last I heard Thailand was sending money and medical assistance to Africa. So what else do you want? USA did not have the protocols in place or the smarts to use them and as a result has infected people with Ebola. I hope Thailand is smarter.

Last you heard? Would like to hear some specifics. Who, What, When, Where and how much

That is what the news media is for and with all the twitter and Facebook stuff today it is impossible to hide anything.

Imagine the outcry in LOS if someone would come up with this in a western newspaper:

Thailand's rising HIV infections are in favor and warmly welcomed by officials representing Europe's tourist destinations

You mean like the front page story in the Sun and the stories in the DailyMail UK about Fish Pedicure spreading HIV in Thailand.

Who cares about HIV,it spreads athletes foot.

That makes it basically unsanitary enough

#22.

I know exactly what you mean so by disassociating yourself from adverse comments about this tourist idea are you saying it's ok to use such a marketing ploy ?

In the same way that the Swiss attracted tourists during WWII by being a safe haven from war I see nothing wrong with Thailand being a safe haven from Ebola. If the world leaders have not figured out the advantage of a travel ban then let any country who has the sense to impose such a ban reap the rewards.

i can't go with your view or reasoning but you are entitled to your opinion.

... of course the Swiss attracted "tourists" back then, even more so if these where looking for chocolate or maybe a safe heaven for their loot - bit of tooth-gold to store away Sir, this way please ...

I do not think marketing Thailand as ebola free is a very wise move. It is really only a matter of time before a case appears here. And once that happens I doubt very much that Thailand will live up to world health standards. If it should get out of Bangkok, look out, I would expect an epidemic.

And what happened to the Thai 'cure'? Curiously silent lately.

• Like 1

I do not think marketing Thailand as ebola free is a very wise move. It is really only a matter of time before a case appears here. And once that happens I doubt very much that Thailand will live up to world health standards. If it should get out of Bangkok, look out, I would expect an epidemic.

And what happened to the Thai 'cure'? Curiously silent lately.

Hoping to make money out of a Malthusian disaster, assuming that it won't touch u really shows that these people beleive they are on another planet.

• Like 1