Are Visa Services Legit?

I have come in contact with two services (through ads on this website) that say that - for a fee - they can secure a non-immigrant visa and change it to retirement extension. They even fund your Thai Bank Account to qualify for the retirement extension. The whole process takes about 10 days, and they do have brick and mortar offices.

Has anyone here had experience with such services?

Are these services legitimate?

Thanks

As recent as maybe 2 months back i secured same for 2 russians well that's to say i did the leg work for them anyway cost em 32k but maybe can get cheaper, didn't take 10 days only 3 and legit if one can say that in thailand.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

As recent as maybe 2 months back i secured same for 2 russians well that's to say i did the leg work for them anyway cost em 32k but maybe can get cheaper, didn't take 10 days only 3 and legit if one can say that in thailand.

Thanks. One that I am in contact with is run by a Farang, and wants 25K. I don't know for sure if the entire process is 10 days, or if he says that for leeway. Good point about "legit."

There is no way it can be legit if it is done based upon money in the bank. The rules state the money must be in a bank account in the applicants name for 2 months for the first extension.

I wondered about the same thing. Without advertising for anyone here, the agency's website says they are a visa service provider and a law office, and includes a map to their location in Sukhumvit as well as 2 telephone numbers and a photo of the farang that spoke with me on the phone. Maybe parts of their service are not strictly legitimate, but they have found ways to overcome minor obstacles.

Maybe parts of their service are not strictly legitimate, but they have found ways to overcome minor obstacles.

That is to say, they bribe corrupt officers with a portion of the money got from the foreigner. Minimum price is 8 - 10K Baht but they ask and often get away with much more.

There is no way it can be legit if it is done based upon money in the bank. The rules state the money must be in a bank account in the applicants name for 2 months for the first extension.

My dealing was no money in named account sourced somehow 2 OA visa stamps then converted to retirement extension. 4k each per OA and 12k each for extension + my commision even got a 100 bt from dealer for gasoline as a ty for getting customers,Next pls whistling.gif

My dealing was no money in named account sourced somehow 2 OA visa stamps then converted to retirement extension. 4k each per OA and 12k each for extension + my commision even got a 100 bt from dealer for gasoline as a ty for getting customers,Next pls whistling.gif

They did not get a OA stamps those can only be done at an embassy. They got non immigrant visa stamps.

If they did not have the money that is a fraudulent application for both the visa and exertions.

I think those type of arrangements through Jomtien immigration are no longer possible since they lost their authority to do non immigrant visas. I suspect those kind of deals was why Jomtien lost their authority.

Were they given official receipts from immigration for the fees?

i'll put in my 2cent, those service are not illegal in any mean, as long as you have all the document required for the extention to submit to immigration officer, they only act as a courier / lawyer. all paper work are deal by immigration officer, so there are no illegal activity going on, some officer required you to show face and some don't, its all depend where u came from.

as for funding, where the money come from does not matter, it could be from youself, friend or family, what matter is that the money is in your account for 60days as the rule say. where u get your fund from does not matter only you yourself know but as long as you got the fund in account for 60days.

and lastly since when does embassy follow procedure, no two embassy are the same, no two check point are the same, no two border are the same, no two immigration officer(loop hole) are the same, its all run down to the person that handle your passport, some want to see 60days fund and some just don't care, just like when you open a bank account, some bank want to see work permit and some just only a passport to open and account. (this is all in grey area, don't ask don't tell)

all stamp/visa are all issue at the immigration office by an immigration officer it is all 100% legit, it does not issue at any boiler room, no elligal activity. first they isssue you one month extention, after 2-3 week they want you to come back to issue you a one year visa.

its boil down to the immigration offcier that handle your passport, all officer do their duty as best as they can to serve your visa need. whistling.gif

notice all this will be done at the main immigration office building in Bangkok, not a sub station like Jomtien. If you can't trust immigration officer in main building, where else can you trust.

Edited by clorox

i'll put in my 2cent, those service are not illegal in any mean, as long as you have all the document required for the extention to submit to immigration officer, they only act as a courier / lawyer. all paper work are deal by immigration officer, so there are no illegal activity going on, some officer required you to show face and some don't, its all depend where u came from.

as for funding, where the money come from does not matter, it could be from youself, friend or family, what matter is that the money is in your account for 60days as the rule say. where u get your fund from does not matter only you yourself know but as long as you got the fund in account for 60days.

With these "services" that cater to the person over 50, and make them pay tens of thousand bahts, the money does not stay in the account for 60 or 90 (depending if first or subsequent application). They bribe officers to overlook this requirement.

Since corruption is illegal, as well obtaining documents without on false pretenses, the activity is illegal.

Of course if one has all the required documentation and uses an agent just to handle the application, that is legal.

Edited by paz

With these "services" that cater to the person over 50, and make them pay tens of thousand bahts, the money does not stay in the account for 60 or 90 (depending if first or subsequent application). They bribe officers to overlook this requirement.

Since corruption is illegal, as well obtaining documents without on false pretenses, the activity is illegal.

who are we to say its a bribe, each immigration offcier do their own thing, if they feel like they don't want to check 60 or 90, who are we to say it elligal. we only pay for the serve to take care of our paper work, we didnt bribe anybody.

visa run in and out is illegal too, yet border officer let it happen for decaded. back to back tourist visa at embassy is a no no too, yet people can still apply none stop.

who are we to say its a bribe, each immigration offcier do their own thing, if they feel like they don't want to check 60 or 90, who are we to say it elligal. we only pay for the serve to take care of our paper work, we didnt bribe anybody.

An immigration officer cannot not just decide to overlook the rules. It requires more than the officer you hand your paperwork to that just checks you have all the documents required. It is then passed on to a higher ranking officer to approved. At some offices it is even checked by another officer before it is passed on for further approval.

You didn't bribe anybody but the agent you hired probably did and/or paid a bank employee for some bogus documents confirming the balance and etc.

visa run in and out is illegal too, yet border officer let it happen for decaded. back to back tourist visa at embassy is a no no too, yet people can still apply none stop.

No problem, you want to cover your eyes and pretend that you don't know, your choice.

Border hops, out-in and back-to-back tourist visa have never been illegal, despite what people thinks.

Border hops, out-in and back-to-back tourist visa have never been illegal, despite what people thinks.

bro how long did you live in Thailand, you blew my mind with this answer. have you seen whats going on lately, it is a loop hole that people abuse, it is illegal in its own right.

let me make you understand, living in Thailand is never a black ans white issue, we go with the flow, rules and law changes all the time, you have to learn how to adapt to it condition, border run was never legal but yet we run all the time, because the condition make it right for us to do so, by living in Thailand under their rules you already took a chance.

You didn't bribe anybody but the agent you hired probably did and/or paid a bank employee for some bogus documents confirming the balance and etc.

you got a point there, but you are more concern if the officer will issue you a visa or not.

Edited by clorox

bro how long did you live in Thailand, you blew my mind with this answer. it is a loop hole that people abuse, it is illegal in its own right.

Not a loophole and not illegal. BTW this forum does not allow suggesting illegal activities, so with your statement you're falsely accusing moderators and admins to not obey their own policy.

Anyway, since I see that with 7 postings you think you know better already, let's end it here, if you want the last word go ahead, take it and enjoy.

Not a loophole and not illegal

wow u still continue, really, you amaze me, maybe you didnt relize whats going on lately.

can anybody give us an update about border run in/out and back to back visa at embassy.

Edited by clorox

i want to come back to this subject, what if the bank didn't do such thing, and the immigration officer is the one that don't care and let it pass, for what he reason he have.

If this would be illicit in any meaningful way, the "General" would have closed those shops by now.

The shops may be still open, but starting Oct 1st, provincial offices (e.g Jomtien that is know to be widely used by the shops) that were doing visa conversion (a step required to obtain an extension of stay for those that have a tourist visa or visa exempt entry) have been deprived of this authority. So, someone has taken measure, even if only after a long time.