Two Thais detained under martial law in missing Japanese teacher case

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is sad. and it pisses me off that a thai wouldnt bat an eye when taking someone life savings. this is heartless. cruel. and i hope someone... please. make her pay. and im not talking about money.

The first part could have equally been aimed at bankers in the west.

• Like 1

"Deputy commander of the metropolitan police Pol Maj Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk later decided to send the couple to military authorities for detention under martial law for seven days."

How can a police officer decide to hold her under Martial Law? I thought under Martial Law the military was in charge and could set aside certain rights, not the police. This sounds like the police dictating to the military.

I hope with this news gets the attention of a Military leader who sees how troubling this could be and steps in and hands them back to the police for any possibly criminal investigation and detention. This just doesn't fall within the scope of needing to apply Martial Law and should be a non political, non national security criminal case.

I guess you don't know how martial law works. The Thai constution has been suspended under martial law and the military has suspended many civil riights, Free speaech, gatherings press,TV and civil liberties. The police may not have had enough eveidence to hold them and rather than have her flee again informed the military who can detain someone without any evidence or charge for 7 days--- this gives time for the police to follow up their investigations and maybe find the body or conclusive eveidence.

"Deputy commander of the metropolitan police Pol Maj Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk later decided to send the couple to military authorities for detention under martial law for seven days."

How can a police officer decide to hold her under Martial Law? I thought under Martial Law the military was in charge and could set aside certain rights, not the police. This sounds like the police dictating to the military.

I hope with this news gets the attention of a Military leader who sees how troubling this could be and steps in and hands them back to the police for any possibly criminal investigation and detention. This just doesn't fall within the scope of needing to apply Martial Law and should be a non political, non national security criminal case.

I guess you don't know how martial law works. The Thai constution has been suspended under martial law and the military has suspended many civil riights, Free speech, gatherings press,TV and civil liberties. The police may not have had enough eveidence to hold them and rather than have her flee again informed the military who can detain someone without any evidence or charge for 7 days--- this gives time for the police to follow up their investigations and maybe find the body or conclusive eveidence.

Edited by Tony125

couple to military authorities for detention under martial law for seven days." You would think the military would be able to beat a confession out of them in a couple of days not seven days must be very slow possibly need Koh Tao police to assist

I hope the couple are being sentenced and will stay in prison for a long time.

With all that money in the bank she could probably bribe a few police officers but lets hope RTP will do the right thing this time.

this is sad. and it pisses me off that a thai wouldnt bat an eye when taking someone life savings. this is heartless. cruel. and i hope someone... please. make her pay. and im not talking about money.

This statement really p**ses me off. Perhaps you meant something else, but as a native speaker of English I read your statement as an assertion that all Thais are heartless, cruel, and greedy, and willing to kill for money. Since I have lived here over thirty years and have met a couple of Thais who fit that description, I reflect on the sociopaths who currently infest the U.S. The numbers are not comparable. I'll take Thailand anytime.

• Like 1

Two of Thailands finest!!thumbsup.gif

At the same time very scary, that the legal system is totally sidelined. "They were sent to an armycamp"

Kim Jong-un would be proud!!

This is what happens when Liberals (We know better that the working poor who have been duped by the diabolical mastermind Thaksin) get what they dream for. The usurpation of power from the democratically elected. Are all you Thaksin haters happy now? 555

• Like 1

I am simply shocked that a 41 year old woman's interest in a 73 year old man could be even remotely nefarious?! I thought all women were attracted to liver spots! I would never suspect that a woman with a man old enough to be her father could be motivated by money?

Sorry, this is hardly unique to Thailand, it happens anywhere that you have a disparity between the haves and the have-nots (including the countries that you come from). And in Thailand, there are still quite a few have-nots, who probably grow weary of foreigners coming to their country and reminding them how poor they are. Ultimately, a little personal responsibility and common sense is called for. If you invite a hooker into your life, don't be surprised if they pull out a knife.

• Like 1

I am simply shocked that a 41 year old woman's interest in a 73 year old man could be even remotely nefarious?! I thought all women were attracted to liver spots! I would never suspect that a woman with a man old enough to be her father could be motivated by money?

Sorry, this is hardly unique to Thailand, it happens anywhere that you have a disparity between the haves and the have-nots (including the countries that you come from). And in Thailand, there are still quite a few have-nots, who probably grow weary of foreigners coming to their country and reminding them how poor they are. Ultimately, a little personal responsibility and common sense is called for. If you invite a hooker into your life, don't be surprised if they pull out a knife.

Please ...
Let us dream rolleyes.gif

Thais wouldn't do something like that! Perhaps the Myanmar duo could be "persuaded" to take other "incidents" into account? If they cooperate, maybe their lives could be spared, and a humanitarian life sentence imposed?

Just seen the 10 o'clock News - that didn't take long - they have already admitted they killed the old bugger - cut his body into pieces and dumped it in a klong near ABAC - not far from where they lived in Orchid Villa (km 24 Bang Na Trat Rd) there are even pictures of Police dragging the bit of the river near the bridge - Saw it earlier from the road - they had the place lit up with their super strong accident or crime scene lights. Case solved - it appears she has also owned up to killing another farang (some years ago - someone who wasn't even reported as missing) and also admit to doing the other elderly Japanese guy who fell and broke his neck in the bath - that was blamed on a heart attack.

Well this method of investigation in an Army barracks (what ever they used) sure beats trying to legally try someone as guilty as Oscar Pistorius and him, after 20 months of investigation and a 7 month trial (costing bloody millions), getting away with a prison term that looks like he's only going to do 10 months of his 5 year term.

Someone posted earlier - the danger of being old and lonely in the land of Smiles - RIP dudes. We hoped you died happy.

• Like 1

Regular poster here ..Johnthailandjohn wont be happy about this ..surprised he hasn't commented here yet .. re their innocence or blaming the deceased Japanese gentleman

Give him time he's probably in a meeting with Officer BJ

So you reckon 3.2 million Thais are pure evil and like soft targets?

I would say that figure is probably a little on the low side.

Pure evil? Get real.

Ready to take advantage of an opportunity to make money from someone they feel can afford it... MAYBE. But is this any different from yours or any other country? I don't think so.

5% or 3.2 million? You must be living in a different part of LOS than me. IMHO 1% possibly... but I will agree that even this is too many.

I guess you don't know how martial law works. The Thai constution has been suspended under martial law and the military has suspended many civil riights, Free speaech, gatherings press,TV and civil liberties. The police may not have had enough eveidence to hold them and rather than have her flee again informed the military who can detain someone without any evidence or charge for 7 days--- this gives time for the police to follow up their investigations and maybe find the body or conclusive eveidence.

However they have held many without charge for a lot longer than 7 days.