PM Prayut worried about underground anti-government movements

webfact

Any anti-government sentiment...will need to be underground...as the military style government has a NO tolerance policy...

Tolerance is accepted to normal opposition. You people aggravate the situ with your remarks. Disruption is all you know.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And well he should be. The people who want democracy are

1. in the majority

2. not gone, just quiet.

Happiness parties, free haircuts, making children recite 12 new edicts each morning, writing new soap operas and heavy handed tactics doesn't change their minds or make them go away it just makes them more angry and more determined.

If history has shown us anything it is the majority will not be silenced forever.

WOW your post contains some very disturbing events. Would you say a trifle over the top ??? get real.

The first problem he should be solving is a date for the next democratic election.

That's what the rest of the world is asking him to do.

Not worry....surely he is also is working in his democratic re-election campaign....probably under a new political party...and he will win.

He wants to gain time now to put that together, and not get into any premature fighthing. Later, after elected PM in a free election, he can use all his power to destoy any violent oppossition in a "demmocratic" way...

If he gives any support to the Dem Party to win a future election....the Red Party will keep its fight and all will come back again like before. He needs to creates a new party will ALL people involved.

I hope he understand that, because was very clear to me that the former PM didn't have any support from the Police and the Army, and without its full support NO Government can work in any country.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

How do you know this - were you there? Did you see them refuse?

Try excercising a bit of common sense.

Quite simple, look at it the other way.

If he had spoken with anybody of importance the pictures would have been all of the gov media. Where are they?

You show us proof where he was ignored ???? show us proof where he was shunned by the Int-community. If you read he had conversations with UK Japan and a host of other countries. But you care to overlook these, your rhetoric prevents you from telling all.

"underground anti-government movements"???

He must mean Underground Pro-Government Movements,...because he's the leader of the Anti-Government Movement.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said.

For those interested in who's Pro-Government, and who's Anti-Government,...Who Loves Thailand, and Who does not,...study the September 2013 reconciliation forum "Uniting for the Future;" which the hate driven Mr Suthep and the anti-government PDRC boycotted.

I hope he understand that, because was very clear to me that the former PM didn't have any support from the Police and the Army, and without its full support NO Government can work in any country.

Yes,...as the Army is controlled by the Bangkok Elite, the police were too frightened to show much support for the landslide election of Yingluck by the Thai People.

But the Anti-Government folks, now led by Gen Prayuth, has fixed the potential problem of a Thai Police supporting the Government, by eliminating elected officials from choosing future Thai Police top positions,...which will now be selected by the Bangkok Elitist Military Headmen.

Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said.

Gen Prayuth is the current leader of the Anti-Government, Bangkok Elite,...there is no "underground anti-government movement"....there is only a Pro-Government Movement.

• Like 1

How do you know this - were you there? Did you see them refuse?

Try excercising a bit of common sense.

If he had spoken with anybody of importance the pictures would have been all of the gov media. Where are they?

You show us proof where he was ignored ???? show us proof where he was shunned by the Int-community. If you read he had conversations with UK Japan and a host of other countries. But you care to overlook these, your rhetoric prevents you from telling all.

I have no idea to whom he spoke but I do know the photo opportunities would have been splashed all over locally, simply asking where they are?

Off you go, know you can add a few more posts.

I have no idea to whom he spoke but I do know the photo opportunities would have been splashed all over locally, simply asking where they are?

Off you go, know you can add a few more posts.

Usual negative response, Why would you assume they would have been splashed locally. He does not have to prove it. But you are the one that is trying to splash about negativity. Whats all this off topic stuff re---post numbers ??? baiting is against forum rules.

Yes,...as the Army is controlled by the Bangkok Elite, the police were too frightened to show much support for the landslide election of Yingluck by the Thai People.

But the Anti-Government folks, now led by Gen Prayuth, has fixed the potential problem of a Thai Police supporting the Government, by eliminating elected officials from choosing future Thai Police top positions,...which will now be selected by the Bangkok Elitist Military Headmen.

Gen Prayuth is the current leader of the Anti-Government, Bangkok Elite,...there is no "underground anti-government movement"....there is only a Pro-Government Movement.

Wasn't Thaksins BIL head of the police ???

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

References to Thai royalty have been deleted from this topic.

Wasn't Thaksins BIL head of the police ???

Yes,...but as my post implied,...the Bangkok Elite controlled military trumps the police,...and now, the military controls the police.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Reforms-cause-a-stir-30238611.html

"Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. Its now the duty of the army to take over the task, Mr Suthep said.

Apparently he was seated next to "call me Dave" at dinner and according to the UK press this was to discuss the situation on Ko Tao.

Interestingly the UK press still refer to Gen P as the military dictator in charge of the junta running Thailand. Clearly they are not aware that he was voted in as the the new PM.

What a clown... but there again Thailand is a circus and nothing more.

Democracy... how many could actually spell the word let alone understand its meaning. Thailand is doomed to an ever revolving door of elections and military coups because they all want power and they all want money. To break this change would require civil war and I for one am surprised its not happened.

There is, or should be, no such thing as an 'Under-ground Anti-Government' movement ... not in a functioning democracy and if this tin-pot dictator had the slightest idea what a democracy was he would openly invite people to exercise their democratic right of free speech without persecution. Of course democracy is the last thing he or any of the elites want.

How to control a nation? Fear, despondency and poverty... ah yes that's Thailand.

• Like 1

What a clown... but there again Thailand is a circus and nothing more.

Democracy... how many could actually spell the word let alone understand its meaning. Thailand is doomed to an ever revolving door of elections and military coups because they all want power and they all want money. To break this change would require civil war and I for one am surprised its not happened.

There is, or should be, no such thing as an 'Under-ground Anti-Government' movement ... not in a functioning democracy and if this tin-pot dictator had the slightest idea what a democracy was he would openly invite people to exercise their democratic right of free speech without persecution. Of course democracy is the last thing he or any of the elites want.

How to control a nation? Fear, despondency and poverty... ah yes that's Thailand.

Agree sir

maybe this lovely leader is making a reason why the masses should wait another 5 years before a democratic vote is in place, it takes that long to do his rape and pillaging of the country.

Unfortunately the elitists will win eventualy.

Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP. The headman had to deliver the whole village vote, 100%, before anybody got paid and he got his bonus on top. Add to that peer pressure the threats of ostracizing, intimidation and violence for any who did not vote for the democracy loving Shin political vehicle.

Very democratic. Almost as good as a Zimbabwe election.

PTP win an election with a large minority, which translates into a large parliamentary majority, then cheat and break parliamentary procedures when if they had half a brain they didn't need to with the numbers they had. Stupid arrogance or what?

There is nothing remotely like accountable transparent sustainable democracy in Thailand.

"Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP."

How do you know this? Did you report it to anyone in authority?

Forgive me if I have greater faith in an international election monitoring organization than hearsay claims.

The large minority translating into a large parliamentary majority was dictated by a constitution and laws established by the military and Abhisit, you can't blame that on the PTP. As far as parliamentary procedures, a new constitution means working without established precedents (you can't really count precedents established under a different constitution), and people were trying to get things done in spite of obstructions presented by the unelected half of the Senate. I'm sure they broke many rules in the process, but that should have been handled by courts and elections, not a coup.

All this is getting off-topic. The OP is about a superstitious, unelected PM (one who gives names to his lucky rings and keeps martial law in place long after all resistance has been quashed) being worried about underground opposition. I'm worried also, but not about underground opposition.

My relatives told me. I doubt all would lie or go to the trouble to explain how it was actually well organized to make sure no one defaulted. One single vote not made, or made for the opposition when the results declared and no money for anybody. And then the witch hunt.

I've seen examples of monitors and UN observers in a few countries. Not as professional or reliable as you may believe.

I didn't blame the Shins for the electoral process. But, through their own arrogance, stupidity, contempt or whatever they acted without thought and broke procedures when there was no need to. But, they are really wannabee dictators, so no surprise.

Everyone in Thailand seems to be very superstitious - remember Yinglcuk and Thaksin consulting some Burmese soothsayer.

The current PM needs to be worried. Thaksin and his family increased their family wealth 450% whilst PTP were in government. Plenty of funds available to orchestrate a come back.

"About to begin"?

Where have you been?

Hang on a second,

Are you saying that they are already arresting political dissenters?

Go take a get a copy of 1984, pick up a sandwich, walk up and down Silom with one hand raised with a couple of fingers wearing a red T shirt and see what happens...whistling.gif

Not the army to appear, but a green van---direct transit to the loony bin. As this would appear to be abnormal rather than a gesture opposing the PM.

You think that a book, a sandwich and a hand gesture warrants committing a person to an asylum. That says a great deal about you.

This is shocking !

Who could possibly be against "Dear leader?"

Voted most popular leader of Thailand ever with 93%

And worlds most wisest leader and embodiment of truth.

Have those radical Red students been reading Western Propaganda again?

WHO ????? you and a few others on TVF.

Seems that your minority are the ones kicking up a fuss. Just look at the disruption everyday in all counties, people dragged off the streets screaming blue murder, NOT. get a grip you lot beginning to be a joke, OTT propaganda group in action, you are the ones that deserve to be carried off.

Unless of course you use a bit of common sense, and oppose the PM constructively.

Many of us have suggested that freedom of speech, freedom of press, and freedom of association are essential to a functioning "real democracy". Doesn't that count as constructive opposition?

• Like 1

Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP. The headman had to deliver the whole village vote, 100%, before anybody got paid and he got his bonus on top. Add to that peer pressure the threats of ostracizing, intimidation and violence for any who did not vote for the democracy loving Shin political vehicle.

PTP win an election with a large minority, which translates into a large parliamentary majority, then cheat and break parliamentary procedures when if they had half a brain they didn't need to with the numbers they had. Stupid arrogance or what?

There is nothing remotely like accountable transparent sustainable democracy in Thailand.

"Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP."

Forgive me if I have greater faith in an international election monitoring organization than hearsay claims.

The large minority translating into a large parliamentary majority was dictated by a constitution and laws established by the military and Abhisit, you can't blame that on the PTP. As far as parliamentary procedures, a new constitution means working without established precedents (you can't really count precedents established under a different constitution), and people were trying to get things done in spite of obstructions presented by the unelected half of the Senate. I'm sure they broke many rules in the process, but that should have been handled by courts and elections, not a coup.

All this is getting off-topic. The OP is about a superstitious, unelected PM (one who gives names to his lucky rings and keeps martial law in place long after all resistance has been quashed) being worried about underground opposition. I'm worried also, but not about underground opposition.

My relatives told me. I doubt all would lie or go to the trouble to explain how it was actually well organized to make sure no one defaulted. One single vote not made, or made for the opposition when the results declared and no money for anybody. And then the witch hunt.

I've seen examples of monitors and UN observers in a few countries. Not as professional or reliable as you may believe.

I didn't blame the Shins for the electoral process. But, through their own arrogance, stupidity, contempt or whatever they acted without thought and broke procedures when there was no need to. But, they are really wannabee dictators, so no surprise.

Everyone in Thailand seems to be very superstitious - remember Yinglcuk and Thaksin consulting some Burmese soothsayer.

The current PM needs to be worried. Thaksin and his family increased their family wealth 450% whilst PTP were in government. Plenty of funds available to orchestrate a come back.

You can stick with the stories you heard from your wife's relatives, I'll stick with what ANFREL,the election monitoring organization, concluded.

"But, through their own arrogance, stupidity, contempt or whatever they acted without thought and broke procedures when there was no need to."

One of the PTP's election campaign promises was to make the Senate fully elected, but the unelected half of the Senate opposed this, and the courts ruled that the amendments to change the constitution were illegal. I think you underestimate how difficult it was to get things done under the 2007 constitution.

"The current PM needs to be worried. Thaksin and his family increased their family wealth 450% whilst PTP were in government. Plenty of funds available to orchestrate a come back."

Everyone knows that Thaksin and family are rich, and everyone now knows that Prayuth's brother is rich (does anyone know how he got rich?), but no one knows the financial status of Prayuth. There are no requirements for generals or PM's to disclose their assets. That would be one of the first things changed in a government eager to reduce corruption through increased transparency. But I suspect there are plenty of funds, and guns, available to block a Thaksin comeback.

• Like 1

Apparently he was seated next to "call me Dave" at dinner and according to the UK press this was to discuss the situation on Ko Tao.

Interestingly the UK press still refer to Gen P as the military dictator in charge of the junta running Thailand. Clearly they are not aware that he was voted in as the the new PM.

Voted in as P.M? When were the elections or was it just a hand picked bunch of friends.

This is shocking !

Seems that your minority are the ones kicking up a fuss. Just look at the disruption everyday in all counties, people dragged off the streets screaming blue murder, NOT. get a grip you lot beginning to be a joke, OTT propaganda group in action, you are the ones that deserve to be carried off.

Unless of course you use a bit of common sense, and oppose the PM constructively.

Guess you have not watched news from many other countries recently.

Go take a get a copy of 1984, pick up a sandwich, walk up and down Silom with one hand raised with a couple of fingers wearing a red T shirt and see what happens...whistling.gif

Not the army to appear, but a green van---direct transit to the loony bin. As this would appear to be abnormal rather than a gesture opposing the PM.

You think that a book, a sandwich and a hand gesture warrants committing a person to an asylum. That says a great deal about you.

Hey brucykins, the words were not mine I just Quoted one of your clans comments---like he said these things and your in real army trouble.

I merely said if I went down the street one day and did this I would expect to be taken to the loony bin as this behavior would be classed as not normal. You think it is normal behavior the you too are a ???

You can stick with the stories you heard from your wife's relatives, I'll stick with what ANFREL,the election monitoring organization, concluded.

"But, through their own arrogance, stupidity, contempt or whatever they acted without thought and broke procedures when there was no need to."

One of the PTP's election campaign promises was to make the Senate fully elected, but the unelected half of the Senate opposed this, and the courts ruled that the amendments to change the constitution were illegal. I think you underestimate how difficult it was to get things done under the 2007 constitution.

"The current PM needs to be worried. Thaksin and his family increased their family wealth 450% whilst PTP were in government. Plenty of funds available to orchestrate a come back."

Everyone knows that Thaksin and family are rich, and everyone now knows that Prayuth's brother is rich (does anyone know how he got rich?), but no one knows the financial status of Prayuth. There are no requirements for generals or PM's to disclose their assets. That would be one of the first things changed in a government eager to reduce corruption through increased transparency. But I suspect there are plenty of funds, and guns, available to block a Thaksin comeback.

Well surely rich or not he certainly would not put wealth to his maid-gardener-valet---driver and uncle tom cob and all. You do not need guns to block his comeback, and no one is blocking him---he is a coward--trumped up charges he said---with 15 others pending----free to enter with your illegal passport issued.

How could T family increase their wealth 450 % when PTP were in office ??? suppose we have to ask PTP.

This is shocking !

You guessed wrong, but I read all, not dismiss the snips that do not fit my agenda like your clan.

This is shocking !

You guessed wrong, but I read all, not dismiss the snips that do not fit my agenda like your clan.

Strange but I have seen teargas and people dragged off the streets in several countries recently including the one I come from.

Strange but I have seen teargas and people dragged off the streets in several countries recently including the one I come from.

And so ??/ are we not in Thailand and on TVF topic Thai PM. or do you want to go against TVF rules and talk about other countries ???

Lets keep it here shall we----now where have you seen people dragged off the streets here by the PM men ?? why would he be so stupid to do these things. Now to order the police to kill 2,500 supposed druggies---he would be in front of the supreme court for sure.---just an example.

And so ??/ are we not in Thailand and on TVF topic Thai PM. or do you want to go against TVF rules and talk about other countries ???

Lets keep it here shall we----now where have you seen people dragged off the streets here by the PM men ?? why would he be so stupid to do these things. Now to order the police to kill 2,500 supposed druggies---he would be in front of the supreme court for sure.---just an example.

Thanks for trying but I was replying to a direct statement.