Koh Tao murder suspects retract confessions: 'interpreter assaulted us'

webfact

Guessing the police were hoping they'd commit suicide in prison, or at least wished for a fast-track trial. Tough on them and I hope it all comes out and destroys careers and KT tourism (until it's thoroughly cleansed).

I see Mr Kent's name mentioned again. Why? And why is he still ambassador even?

I bet the British bobbies are relishing working with the Thai police. I hope they are familiar with this place as it'll be easy to run them around if not. They'd be better off being chaperoned by the army. RTP should take a backseat or, better still, get out of the car!

Stop believing that the embassy never does anything .

They have quite cleverly managed to get access for thr British police without annoying anyone in thailand. They have made their statements about the problems with the case quite firmly and diplomatically.

What would you like them to do? Send in thr SAS?

I agree with you and YES I would like a few teams of 4 sent in to 'observe'!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They have quite cleverly managed to get access for thr British police without annoying anyone in thailand. They have made their statements about the problems with the case quite firmly and diplomatically.

Not my country nor my business, but wasn't the "access" granted only after the General met with Cameron in UK,

without any involvment of the UK embassy?

They didn't "meet"

the Thai PM was summoned

The Thai PM was not summonsed.

An official from the Thai embassy in London was summonsed.

Some folks seem to have no hesitation to be untruthful.

They did not meet in London at all, it was in Milan.

The Thai authorities repeatedly claim that British Police investigators will be allowed to " observe" only. According to the British media ( which I prefer to believe) this is not true.

Can anyone imagine that a team of top-rate experienced UK Police are coming to Thailand to meekly hold hands with the RTP ? The agreement between the PM's appears to be that the UK will attend to verify the dna and investigate the human rights issue....... that is likely to be exactly what they will do, and quite right too ! If they are obstructed in this pursuit, we can expect mayhem.

• Like 1

Perhaps the RTP buffoons would have had an outside chance of the world believing them if they hadn't chosen 2 scapegoats that look like 13 year old kids.

They are really mean scruffy looking 13 year old kids though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not my country nor my business, but wasn't the "access" granted only after the General met with Cameron in UK,

without any involvment of the UK embassy?

They didn't "meet"

the Thai PM was summoned

The Thai PM was not summonsed.

An official from the Thai embassy in London was summonsed.

Some folks seem to have no hesitation to be untruthful.

That last line has to be a joke no ?

And yes he was summoned. Cameron didn't invite him to have a chat about the situation, he told him he was going to have a chat about the situation.

the DNA results are already suspect because the same alleged suspects were already cleared by DNA the first time

the RTP has made themselves the complete fools here, why?

because social media has kept them accountable,

and on their heels because, they are liars and they proved it to the world

Is that the case or was it that they had not yet got the results of the earlier test? I have not seen a definitive answer to this and it seems to be a crucial point.

• Like 1

Lies! This was a perfect police investigation and you farrangs just need time to understand.

Happiness in the Kingdom now sits at 120% and corruption has been eradicated.

Love live the Generalissimo

Atleast you are not contributing to making the cops sad :)

i am correct in assuming the UK police would have been able to get the rapists DNA from Hannah? if so, isn't this a simple case of testing it against the 2 suspects DNA and then case closed?

Probably not correct in that assumption. Autopsies performed here.

i'm sure the UK medical examiner did their own. question is if DNA could have been planted before returning the body to the UK, but as already noted, the body was returned before the burmese guys were arrested

I'm a bit surprised at how long it is taking the British police to get here. Why weren't they prepared to leave at a monemts notice just in case they were given the go-ahead?

get real. British detectives are already here/have been here for a long time. the "official" team will be coming.

• Like 2

the DNA results are already suspect because the same alleged suspects were already cleared by DNA the first time

Is that the case or was it that they had not yet got the results of the earlier test? I have not seen a definitive answer to this and it seems to be a crucial point.

Actually, the only proof that they had DNA tests taken earlier is a picture with one of the scapegoats standing in line to what appears to be some kind of testing.. Maybe it wasn't even him.. Maybe the line was for testing the shoe size / foot size .. I remember that early on in the investigation cops checked the footprints and tried to find matching feet....

I also remember the cops claiming that the suspects avoided DNA testing .. that they were in hiding.. and that their friends reported them to the police because they where hiding... so much misinformation from all directions...

So now they have proper legal representation, an interpreter they can understand and trust and without the cops leaning over their shoulders things have changed somewhat.

Can see why it was so important for the witnesses, including the interpreter, to give early evidence as they may want to leave the country.

The prosecutor wants more evidence.

Then there was the court appointed lawyer who got out, a little to hot for him, save his skin while he still has it.

And the plod will arrive next week "To observe" can just see them sitting quietly looking on without asking questions, yea right.

A closer look at the DNA evidence would be the next step.

I find it quite strange that the two accused are on their third set of lawyers. How do they get up to speed in such a short space of time and why do they keep resigning?

It will be interesting who the UK send. The stated focus is DNA evidence and whether the confession was obtained under duress. So you'd think the personnel required would be a forensics DNA expert and maybe a police complaints expert used to dealing with complaints about police brutality.

If a murder case investigator is sent, it would suggest that the Brits intend to review the whole case and not just the stated focus of DNA and torture.

Perhaps the RTP buffoons would have had an outside chance of the world believing them if they hadn't chosen 2 scapegoats that look like 13 year old kids.

The 2 Burmese men accused of the murders are just that. Men.

no, they are kids

the killers are grown men tho

Nom Sod looks like a kid to me ..

• Like 2

Lies! This was a perfect police investigation and you farrangs just need time to understand.

Happiness in the Kingdom now sits at 120% and corruption has been eradicated.

Love live the Generalissimo

You reside in a dream world. I don't know about happiness but sure as god made little apples we still have corruption.

Personally I would used a different analogy for this one as I consider people who believe in gods also live in dream worlds.

Besides it clearly a bait comment written by a fool.

To suggest that only farangs are doubting this investigation would be ignoring the opinion of every single Thai person I've discussed this case with.

• Like 2

Actually, the only proof that they had DNA tests taken earlier is a picture with one of the scapegoats standing in line to what appears to be some kind of testing.. Maybe it wasn't even him.. Maybe the line was for testing the shoe size / foot size .. I remember that early on in the investigation cops checked the footprints and tried to find matching feet....

I also remember the cops claiming that the suspects avoided DNA testing .. that they were in hiding.. and that their friends reported them to the police because they where hiding... so much misinformation from all directions...

They were in hiding? Got reported, and were found playing volleyball in the open air. Not really a very believable story you feed us is it.

• Like 1

Guessing the police were hoping they'd commit suicide in prison, or at least wished for a fast-track trial. Tough on them and I hope it all comes out and destroys careers and KT tourism (until it's thoroughly cleansed).

I bet the British bobbies are relishing working with the Thai police. I hope they are familiar with this place as it'll be easy to run them around if not. They'd be better off being chaperoned by the army. RTP should take a backseat or, better still, get out of the car!

The British Embassy and/or Mark Kent are next to useless and have done very little other than mouthing a few platitudes.

The British Police were allowed to be involved only AFTER the Thai PM met Cameron, that had nothing to do with Mark Kent or the British Embassy.

Quite honestly, the UK Govt and Embassies need to stop pussyfooting around and being so diplomatic that they achieve next to nothing. A little more forcefulness would be good to see occasionally. A little more give and take instead of the current just taking things (mostly) lying down in fear of upsetting the "host" nation.

Cameron wouldn't have got involved with out consulting Kent first

Regardless of over 100000 signatures on a petition presented to Cameron...??

According to an interview with a high ranking policeman the DNA from the suspect in the first round was in a queue waiting to be checked. They worked on closest people to the area first and as one of the suspects worked in the outer area his DNA was saved to be checked at a later date. I think the other person in the queue was the friend and witness so not relevant.

After After Khun Phorntip saying the DNA was collected in an unprofessional manner it is hard to see that it can still be evidence.

Hopefully that will be the first point the policemen from Scotland Yard will make.

I see the usual suspects are out in force with their usual anti thai tirades.

Happy to live out their life in a country they despise so much. Mind bogglingly ironic but most of the morons can't see beyond the cheap beers and even cheaper carnal comforts.

The uk sends police help when in its own backyard law and order, public safety etc still remains one of the top 3 concerns of the average Brit.

Recreational drug use , alcohol abuse and the violence fuelled by these scourges grows by the day. Victims of these scourges continue to go unheard, despite the presence of the wonderful British bobby... Spare me this unequivocal claptrap!

Lord Lucan remains at large, Stephen Lawrence's disgraceful murder was whitewashed and UK police institutional racism continues unchecked.

But hey keep watching your reruns of ' only fools and horses', wipe away the tears when you hear Jerusalem at last night of the proms.

Pitiable small minded hypocrites the lot of you

Edited by makkam
  • Like 1

i am correct in assuming the UK police would have been able to get the rapists DNA from Hannah? if so, isn't this a simple case of testing it against the 2 suspects DNA and then case closed?

Probably not correct in that assumption. Autopsies performed here.

i'm sure the UK medical examiner did their own. question is if DNA could have been planted before returning the body to the UK, but as already noted, the body was returned before the burmese guys were arrested

Unless the bodies were transported back to the UK in refridgerated caskets, then as someone previously mentioned, they would most likely have been embalmed...which would, I think, eradicate traces for testing.

The Interpreter will commit suicide first by drowning himself in the sink, then the two suspects will commit suicide in the cell by hanging themselves by their own intestines. Then the court assigned lawyer who jumped the ship will commit suicide by drowning in a klong. Then the Lawyers association of Thailand will commit suicide by mass poisoning.

• Like 1

First Interrogation. Than Confession. Than a public show - re-enactment. Than claim of torture and retraction of Confession. Sloppy job. Give them a couple more days in interrogation. Than a retraction of a Retraction will take place. 2014 - 1984 = 30 years of RND in Public Show Orchestration. I call this Progress.

"than" ! --- do you mean "then"? This comment is a "sloppy job".

Yes.

What's good for the goose.....I've read many articles about Thai's committing crimes in other countries and their families have requested their trial be held in Thailand. Where, of course they get off with a slap on the wrist. So how abut sending these young men home and having their own country decide how to handle it?

• Like 1