What is it about Issan girls

seajae

Wife asked me at lunch time, apparently a few of her friends are curious as to why most farangs marry Issan/northern girls than girls from the south(they think I am the odd one out). One thought it was due to the shape of their face(nose to be exact) plus their complexion(skin not as dark), another thought it was because land is cheaper in the north, I havent got a bloody clue apart from that is who they met and fell for. So come on all you northern/iIssan guys, what is it that drew you to them and not to a southern bellebiggrin.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife (she is from the south) has the theory that the women from Isaan speak sweeter and act very devote, while in the south they speak more direct up to a bit aggressive and are more proud.

Her idea not mine.....I never married a woman from Isaan so I can't compare.

Would be interesting if someone can ask a wife from Isaan....surely the answer would be different.

Go to any place where Thai girls go to pickup foreign guys (including the beer bars / gogos) and you'll see mostly dark skin girls from Issan. Go to a place with the most attractive (Thai standards) Thai girls and good luck... even if you're young, good looking and rich.

While most foreigners I know do have a preference for tan skin, this is much more of they chose us rather than we chose them situation.

• Like 2

I fell for a young isaan thai lady, the daughter of the puyai ban in the village where I was stationed in1963, pattaya was still a twinkle in the dreams of later developers,in those days the only bargirls were ubon based girls who came down from US town in Korat to keep the yanks at Ubon airfield happy,the first mia nois started arriving in the village late 1964 when they finished building the camp

• Like 1

My wife told me that girls from the South tend to marry short fat dark men with flat noses and turbans and baggy pants and girls from the North tend to marry lighter skinned tall handsome men with style and panache.

Shoe is now on the other foot.biggrin.png Does it fit.

True: my southern wife is complaining a lot that I diet away 20 kg.

OP, what attracted me to my Issan wife.

8 years ago and feeling bored at home I decided to have a look at one of the dating sites.

Got in touch with numerous girls from Thailand.

But one stuck out.

That pretty nurse that used to answer me back, correct my mistakes, argue with me for anything and everything.

So a year later decided to come and meet her.

The rest is history.

Doesn't matter if she was living in Issan, north, west or south.

She was the right one for me.

And I never regretted my decision or my commitment.

same story for me only difference is that i didn't know who or what Issan is...

Wife asked me at lunch time, apparently a few of her friends are curious as to why most farangs marry Issan/northern girls than girls from the south(they think I am the odd one out). One thought it was due to the shape of their face(nose to be exact) plus their complexion(skin not as dark), another thought it was because land is cheaper in the north, I havent got a bloody clue apart from that is who they met and fell for. So come on all you northern/iIssan guys, what is it that drew you to them and not to a southern bellebiggrin.png

Well that's pretty obvious.

Which area of Thailand do the majority of girls dancing in tourist gogos come from?

Well that's pretty obvious.

Which area of Thailand do the majority of girls dancing in tourist gogos come from?

Where do the majority of professors come from in the 43 colleges in Issan?

Moral of the story is, if you are looking for a smart girl who is beautiful and a good dancer go to Issan.

Edited by thailiketoo

I actually don't have a problem with with darker skinned, Isaan looking girls. I find them attractive. I also like more Chinese looking Asian women as well but I can certainly still look at Isaan women and find them attractive, nothing to do with bargirls as that's not my thing

True - many farangs meet their future wife/gf in a bar in Pattaya or elsewhere. Also true the majority of bar girls come from Isaan because they can earn more away from home. Also true that many Thai women who work o/s for a few years have a very different and more realistic view of farang and their 'wealth'. Probably most of these women don't come from Isaan.My wife is one. She worked o/s in factories for 10 years before I met her, doesn't come from Isaan and has never been a bargirl. TRy reading some history about Isaan post WW11. The whole area was pillaged of its natural resources long ago and hs never really recovered.

Heard they are hot blooded......can be hot tempered....and you don't have to turn your lights out at night because they will f**h your lights out....also heard they like to share themselves around a bit too....but this was ex-hubbys talking.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Because truth be told that most bar girls hail from Issan.

Its a percentage thing not a personal preference thing.

How you know people meet girls from bars, or is that the golden rule, you have to meet a girl from Issan from the Bars.

I was just stating a fact that the majority of people agree with except you that is.

Its well known that the vast majority of bar workers come from Issan, and in turn alot of men who frequent the establishments they work in are farangs so in my book 1+1=2