What is it about Issan girls

seajae

Because truth be told that most bar girls hail from Issan.

Its a percentage thing not a personal preference thing.

How you know people meet girls from bars, or is that the golden rule, you have to meet a girl from Issan from the Bars.

I was just stating a fact that the majority of people agree with except you that is.

Its well known that the vast majority of bar workers come from Issan, and in turn alot of men who frequent the establishments they work in are farangs so in my book 1+1=2

Most of the college professors in Issan come from Issan. So what? Men who frequent the 43 colleges in Issan meet Issan college students and professors. That's 1+1=2 in my book.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How you know people meet girls from bars, or is that the golden rule, you have to meet a girl from Issan from the Bars.

I was just stating a fact that the majority of people agree with except you that is.

Its well known that the vast majority of bar workers come from Issan, and in turn alot of men who frequent the establishments they work in are farangs so in my book 1+1=2

Most of the college professors in Issan come from Issan. So what? Men who frequent the 43 colleges in Issan meet Issan college students and professors. That's 1+1=2 in my book.
Really?? Ok so ill put it like this.

I would imagine that the footfall of farangs going through the Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket and Koh Samui bar scene are considerably higher than going through the 43 bloody colleges in Issan.

Look at my post to see I say it's a percentage thing! Now I presume your one of the proffessors so do the math Einstein!

Edited by bigjules007
  • Like 1

Go to any place where Thai girls go to pickup foreign guys (including the beer bars / gogos) and you'll see mostly dark skin girls from Issan. Go to a place with the most attractive (Thai standards) Thai girls and good luck... even if you're young, good looking and rich.

While most foreigners I know do have a preference for tan skin, this is much more of they chose us rather than we chose them situation.

Not true.

If you are a young, good looking foreigner you can definitely pick up hot Thai/Chinese girls.

My wife is a Bangkok girl born and bred but she was the one I fell in love with and she happened to be Thai. Plenty of beautiful and great women all over the globe and I'm not any more partial to Thai women than to any other. She just happened to be the one. Don't see the need for all these silly generalizations and comparisons. If you fell in love with a country girl and she feels the same what more of an explanation is needed?

• Like 1

I would imagine that the footfall of farangs going through the Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket and Koh Samui bar scene are considerably higher than going through the 43 bloody colleges in Issan.

Look at my post to see I say it's a percentage thing! Now I presume your one of the proffessors so do the math Einstein!

The 43 bloody colleges attract the bloody intellectuals visiting Thailand and they would not know about the bloody bars in Pattaya as those are reserved for the bloody luddites.

Your point is that most of the bloody bars in Pattaya and such are staffed by ladies from Issan and my point is most of the colleges in Issan are also staffed by ladies from Issan.

So if you want a smart girl who likes to drink try finding a companion in Issan.

• Like 1

Go to any place where Thai girls go to pickup foreign guys (including the beer bars / gogos) and you'll see mostly dark skin girls from Issan. Go to a place with the most attractive (Thai standards) Thai girls and good luck... even if you're young, good looking and rich.

While most foreigners I know do have a preference for tan skin, this is much more of they chose us rather than we chose them situation.

Not true.

If you are a young, good looking foreigner you can definitely pick up hot Thai/Chinese girls.

If you are a rich old man you can definitely pick hot educated Chinese girls.

post-187908-0-28292000-1413980458_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

The 43 bloody colleges attract the bloody intellectuals visiting Thailand and they would not know about the bloody bars in Pattaya as those are reserved for the bloody luddites.

Your point is that most of the bloody bars in Pattaya and such are staffed by ladies from Issan and my point is most of the colleges in Issan are also staffed by ladies from Issan.

So if you want a smart girl who likes to drink try finding a companion in Issan.

Your in the wrong thread I think, your logic is illogical and nonsensical.

How many tourists come to Thailand to find love compared to come to Thailand to visit a college.

Your comments amaze me, do you really think that men choose issan girls? ?? Its the sheer number of them available that contributes to the reason why so many westerners are with Issan girls. FACT.

• Like 1

How many tourists come to Thailand to find love compared to come to Thailand to visit a college.

Your comments amaze me, do you really think that men choose issan girls? ?? Its the sheer number of them available that contributes to the reason why so many westerners are with Issan girls. FACT.

Writing FACT at the end of a sentence does not encourage people to believe it is FACT. FACT.

It has been years since the move of the smart money from Pattaya to Issan took place.

Many of our more sophisticated fellows moved from the alcoholic pools of Pattaya to the more refined towns in Issan to pursue the lovely and intelligent women who like to dance and are actually still shaped like women in the province of Issan leaving the pickings of no hipped pallid pale faced women of dubious parentage (Chinese) behind.

Sorry if you have not joined the large scale immigration of the brighter expats to Issan. Not my fault. FACT.

Not true.

Maybe if you are REALLY young and good looking, but there there are not many Farangs like that in LOS. Just because you are young and they call you hansum man on Walking Street does not count.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I'm married to a Chinese-Thai so I can't comment

Highly educated? Own car? Etc?

Yes, 2 cars, and it depends what the etc is. If you mean own home, own apartment, own business, money in the bank, platinum card, access to cheap alcohol, then yes

• Like 1

Where else do old men who haven't been here 5 mins , meet them?

• Like 2

Have you not seen the TV thread about farangs providing a 9 billion baht boost to Issan???

They must have met all these women in the college

Matter of fact the US Army started many of those colleges. You might want to check USA bases in Thailand and ask yourself what happened to all that equipment when the soldiers left? (donated to local colleges). And all those men stationed in Issan for 10 years? They came back.

Where else do old men who haven't been here 5 mins , meet them?

A million young American and Australian (even a few Brits shhhh) men came to Thailand during the 60's and 70's. Now they are old guys and they are starting to come back to the places they lived when they were in their 20's.

Edited by thailiketoo

Writing FACT at the end of a sentence does not encourage people to believe it is FACT. FACT.

It has been years since the move of the smart money from Pattaya to Issan took place.

Many of our more sophisticated fellows moved from the alcoholic pools of Pattaya to the more refined towns in Issan to pursue the lovely and intelligent women who like to dance and are actually still shaped like women in the province of Issan leaving the pickings of no hipped pallid pale faced women of dubious parentage (Chinese) behind.

Sorry if you have not joined the large scale immigration of the brighter expats to Issan. Not my fault. FACT.

Hahaha, there you have it,where do you think the "smart" money came from? From the spouses of the Issan bar workers who worked in Pattaya of course.

And i dont think its very sophisticated you berating Chinese Thais, theres no need for that.

And FYI i have never lived in Pattaya and i have spent most of my time in Thailand (10 years) in Issan, so i have first hand experience, my wife of 7 years is also from Issan. And there are many fine houses in her town built by farang husbands and personally i dont know one of these farangs who met there wife in a college , so you must be quite special.

Have you not seen the TV thread about farangs providing a 9 billion baht boost to Issan???

Matter of fact the US Army started many of those colleges. You might want to check USA bases in Thailand and ask yourself what happened to all that equipment when the soldiers left? (donated to local colleges). And all those men stationed in Issan for 10 years? They came back.

Most of the USAF guys I knew weren't stationed in Thailand for 10 years, more like 2... but some of them did come back.

Hahaha, there you have it,where do you think the "smart" money came from? From the spouses of the Issan bar workers who worked in Pattaya of course.

And i dont think its very sophisticated you berating Chinese Thais, theres no need for that.

And FYI i have never lived in Pattaya and i have spent most of my time in Thailand (10 years) in Issan, so i have first hand experience, my wife of 7 years is also from Issan. And there are many fine houses in her town built by farang husbands and personally i dont know one of these farangs who met there wife in a college , so you must be quite special.

I feel special. I don't care much for the Chinese in China or in Thailand based purely on personal experience. If they want to forget about the Chinese part of their ancestry I won't hold it against them and I'll treat them just like any other Thai person; with respect.

Not too long ago there were many anti Chinese laws in Thailand and I'm not suggesting going back to those days but I keep my eyes open when dealing with China. Myself and family fought two wars against China and I'll not forget. I treat everyone with fairness but I don't trust some as readily as others. Is the stuff going on in Hong Kong now really a surprise to anyone?

Edited by thailiketoo

Most of the USAF guys I knew weren't stationed in Thailand for 10 years, more like 2... but some of them did come back.

Didn't mean to imply many stayed for 10 years only that a million men passed a year or two in Thailand during a 10 year period 1965 to 1975.

Just got the answer from my gf.... She first said that farang like issan girls because life in issan is laid back and easy. Then after a little more thinking she said issan girls are poor and don't expect as much as a southern or Bangkok girl.

This got me a little worried as my gf is not an issan girl.... I wonder what she is expecting ??

• Like 1

I lived in issan for many years before I finally got out of there. I still have many friends who live there. Most of my issan friends met their gf / wife at a restaurant or bar and came directly to issan. They never really played around with girls from other areas. Most also said that their gf was the first and only Thai girl they have been with. Some have lived there for years and have never been to Pattaya because their gf is afraid of loosing them.

Issan girls find their man and hold on ....

Usually they work in bars and are poor so a perfect pray for a old fart that can't get a girl in his age and with a higher education..

70 year old women didn't go to college in Thailand that often.

I have found in Issan college professors rarely work in bars.

Are you holding out on us? Where do you find the college professors in Issan who work in bars?

I checked out the bars and only found a few teachers there on weekends. I had better luck hanging around the colleges with a box of new smart phones in the back seat of my Mercedes.

Wife asked me at lunch time, apparently a few of her friends are curious as to why most farangs marry Issan/northern girls than girls from the south(they think I am the odd one out). One thought it was due to the shape of their face(nose to be exact) plus their complexion(skin not as dark), another thought it was because land is cheaper in the north, I havent got a bloody clue apart from that is who they met and fell for. So come on all you northern/iIssan guys, what is it that drew you to them and not to a southern bellebiggrin.png

Well that's pretty obvious.

Which area of Thailand do the majority of girls dancing in tourist gogos come from?

Where do the majority of professors come from in the 43 colleges in Issan?

Moral of the story is, if you are looking for a smart girl who is beautiful and a good dancer go to Issan.

Having lived there for 18 years, I think you will find that the professors from the Universities in Isaan tend to come from all over the place.

As for stating colleges, well, there are colleges and colleges all over the world. Khon Kaen has several Universities. I believe one got shut down for selling degrees.

Wife asked me at lunch time, apparently a few of her friends are curious as to why most farangs marry Issan/northern girls than girls from the south(they think I am the odd one out). One thought it was due to the shape of their face(nose to be exact) plus their complexion(skin not as dark), another thought it was because land is cheaper in the north, I havent got a bloody clue apart from that is who they met and fell for. So come on all you northern/iIssan guys, what is it that drew you to them and not to a southern bellebiggrin.png

Well that's pretty obvious.

Which area of Thailand do the majority of girls dancing in tourist gogos come from?

Where do the majority of professors come from in the 43 colleges in Issan?

Moral of the story is, if you are looking for a smart girl who is beautiful and a good dancer go to Issan.

Having lived there for 18 years, I think you will find that the professors from the Universities in Isaan tend to come from all over the place.

As for stating colleges, well, there are colleges and colleges all over the world. Khon Kaen has several Universities. I believe one got shut down for selling degrees.

The majority of professors in Issan colleges come from Issan. If you have any factual information on university closings and why feel free to present it but I doubt you can make the case that one bad school out of 43 in Issan means much.