Thai Police to check on foreigners involved in marriage scam

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope they take this as a start and we see many fake marriages bought to light with the foreigner being run through the legal system and the Thai if innocent being let go.

There are a number of gay men I know of who are legally married to Thai women of negotiable virtue. These relationships are a sham and illegal!

Live and let live is what I say.

Comply with the law or be prepared to get busted, is what I say.

• Like 2

What about the Thai women involved in the scam or is it all the foreigners fault?

Stealing of identities isn't unheard of here, and usually Thai on Thai.

Officals target names which they deem think will be more easily taken, particular people who are registeres in a district or don't live there.

Case in point was my mothers ID which was used by someone else for many years as she was living in Australia and has no cause to know. She only discovered this when she tried to get a new ID card for the first time in 40 years.

The police will probably check a few folks who the police already know have a valid marriage...after those few checks they'll stop further checks, say the marriage scam rumors were just that rumors, and say all is well. Now time to get back to collecting donations.

• Like 1

Lets hope they take this as a start and we see many fake marriages bought to light with the foreigner being run through the legal system and the Thai if innocent being let go.

There are a number of gay men I know of who are legally married to Thai women of negotiable virtue. These relationships are a sham and illegal!

Why would you like this out in the light? Would it do you any good ?... Just wondering coffee1.gif

The police will probably check a few folks who the police already know have a valid marriage...after those few checks they'll stop further checks, say the marriage scam rumors were just that rumors, and say all is well. Now time to get back to collecting donations.

Khon Kaen and Udon is very much now army territory so it would be good if the army might further investigate.

I was in Bangkok not long ago and 3 women said that to me..I love you very much and i said yes that's nice..but they did not know that my

bank account was empty ...

• Like 1

Funny how whenever 'foreigner' is mentioned there is a collective clenching of butt cheeks by TVF members.

Doesn't it cross your minds that Africans, South Asians, Chinese etc are also classified as foreigners? In fact, I reckon George would garner at least double the members if he created a Chinese language version of TV.

But good...I do hope some farang trash is scooped up in this net and booted out.

You leave when ?

Who do u you think you are judging people ? I guess 95% of all Thai / farang marriages are a sham, its just that the dumb farang think the Thai girl loves him ( lol)

The real trash are those fat alcoholics who seem to think they can buy love, just go back to your home country to find out what your peers think of what you are doing, you would get shouted down on the street for being a pervert..... so think before you judge others.

• Like 1

Funny how whenever 'foreigner' is mentioned there is a collective clenching of butt cheeks by TVF members.

Doesn't it cross your minds that Africans, South Asians, Chinese etc are also classified as foreigners? In fact, I reckon George would garner at least double the members if he created a Chinese language version of TV.

But good...I do hope some farang trash is scooped up in this net and booted out.

You leave when ?

Who do u you think you are judging people ? I guess 95% of all Thai / farang marriages are a sham, its just that the dumb farang think the Thai girl loves him ( lol)

The real trash are those fat alcoholics who seem to think they can buy love, just go back to your home country to find out what your peers think of what you are doing, you would get shouted down on the street for being a pervert..... so think before you judge others.

Someone has a comprehension problem and gotten their panties all knotted up.

It would appear that you can't grasp what I said. It was in reference to (hoping) that some of the farang dross here in Thailand, that contribute zip in the form of taxes or welfare, break the laws and cock a thumb to the rules, would be scooped up in the net. And your problem with this, is?

Or perhaps it's a little too close to home for your liking? Either way, you have successfully alienated a good percentage of the TVF forum with your take on their 'perversions'. I didn't know marrying into another class, ethnicity or age group was a perversion.

• Like 2

Could this be a reason why another poster (I think, yesterday) gave to story f his friend needing to have a child to get the marriage visa...I wonder if some rule changes are imminent. That will definitely stuff up a lot on the marriage visa. I don't think that will happen though, and sanity will prevail.

No surprises about this scam though, and Thais are willing participants. Fine them as well!

"Foreigners on a one-year marriage visa are normally required to report to the police every three months along with their spouses."

No they are not ONLY the foreigner not the wife. Putting that aside as this is normal reporting by the Nation. Why would I believe the HEADING.

Police to check on foreigners involved in marriage scam

The Nation

Seeing that Pattaya , Phuket and apparently Chiang Mai Immigration can not issue single entry 90 day O-visa for conversion to retirement I have personally seen some very questionable marriage extensions..OH YEA Let the cavity search continue.whistling.gif

are you sure about that? the conversion do you mean a conversion from a tr to a 90 day O based on retirement , or am i reading that wrong?

Immigration Police yesterday asked for information from lawyer Worapan Benjaworakul !!! Look if this scam is happening it is clearly in conjunction with the full cooperation between the lawyer and the immigration because even if you have a signed marriage certificate there are a multitude of other documents needed along with it. Even your wifes ID and pictures of you both together in front of your house. You try and do this yourself, it is a nightmare, they make life so difficult for you, first year i did it myself and they had me back and forth, this copy is not clear enough, you need to go and get this, go away and get that, eventually when they realized i was completely messed about they took half the documents they made me get, give them all back to me, took out the ones they needed and i got my visa. Basically because of the harrassment i now pay 25,000baht for a lawyer to go down and do it for me every year, and i am legally married. It is just one big scam and when immigration is exposed fully they will make the RTP look like street beggars.

These foreign devils will stop at nothing , Thais need to realise it takes two willing parties to complete this deception.

snapback.png

What about the Thai women involved in the scam or is it all the foreigners fault?

Yep, since if they weren't here none of this would happen. The Thai women will not even be chased up and the official will get a promotion. Par for the course for most third world places.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess some TV memebers did not read how this started. A Thai woman went to register a marriage and found out her name was already registered as being married to a farang. She started the investigation by making a complaint and the follow up checks found that the same official had doctored and used the names of over 600 Thai women (allegedly without their knowledge.

Hmm! I know a Thai woman who's married to a gay Swede (he's never being to Thailand). She's a legal resident in Sweden. It (fake marriage) happens all over the world, not just here.

The Thai perpetrator is going to walk.

Immigration Police yesterday asked for information from lawyer Worapan Benjaworakul !!! Look if this scam is happening it is clearly in conjunction with the full cooperation between the lawyer and the immigration because even if you have a signed marriage certificate there are a multitude of other documents needed along with it. Even your wifes ID and pictures of you both together in front of your house. You try and do this yourself, it is a nightmare, they make life so difficult for you, first year i did it myself and they had me back and forth, this copy is not clear enough, you need to go and get this, go away and get that, eventually when they realized i was completely messed about they took half the documents they made me get, give them all back to me, took out the ones they needed and i got my visa. Basically because of the harrassment i now pay 25,000baht for a lawyer to go down and do it for me every year, and i am legally married.

You get married every year?

And you don't need a lawyer or immigration to get married - it's easy to do by yourself (you and your spouse)

Edited by Time Traveller

In these cases it was the foreigner's faults (and that of the officials involved in procuring the women's names). The local women weren't involved in the scam, they were unaware of their "marriages" until they tried to register legitimate ones. Their names were used by officials.

Edited by Sviss Geez

These foreign devils will stop at nothing , Thais need to realise it takes to willing parties to complete this deception.

Yes, in these cases the willing parties were the officials who had access to the women's names and the foreigners (and presumably an agent), but not the Thai women themselves.

You leave when ?

Someone has a comprehension problem and gotten their panties all knotted up.

It would appear that you can't grasp what I said. It was in reference to (hoping) that some of the farang dross here in Thailand, that contribute zip in the form of taxes or welfare, break the laws and cock a thumb to the rules, would be scooped up in the net. And your problem with this, is?

Or perhaps it's a little too close to home for your liking? Either way, you have successfully alienated a good percentage of the TVF forum with your take on their 'perversions'. I didn't know marrying into another class, ethnicity or age group was a perversion.

And only picking on fat alcoholics - many alcoholics I have met are skinny because they are too busy drinking to waste time eating.

Or maybe because he is a skinny alcoholic

Or maybe not even a Thai girl will say she loves him.

• Like 1