Thai Police to check on foreigners involved in marriage scam

webfact

Funny how whenever 'foreigner' is mentioned there is a collective clenching of butt cheeks by TVF members.

Doesn't it cross your minds that Africans, South Asians, Chinese etc are also classified as foreigners? In fact, I reckon George would garner at least double the members if he created a Chinese language version of TV.

But good...I do hope some farang trash is scooped up in this net and booted out.

You leave when ?

Who do u you think you are judging people ? I guess 95% of all Thai / farang marriages are a sham, its just that the dumb farang think the Thai girl loves him ( lol)

The real trash are those fat alcoholics who seem to think they can buy love, just go back to your home country to find out what your peers think of what you are doing, you would get shouted down on the street for being a pervert..... so think before you judge others.

@acact - As you mentioned a while back. - Have been smoking ganja for over 25 years, still manage to keep a good job and my brain is in ok condition. giggle.gif

From your posting today whatever those dealers sold you last night in Vang Vieng, Laos it wasn't grass. cheesy.gif

Then your other postings under:

British man’s “suicide” at Pattaya condominium

I have been close to doing the same, at that point ones brain isn't necessarily functioning normally & maybe for some it is a better alternative to living.

I have no idea how you could be ending up working in a hotel and then your Thai bashing when they bring food and drinks to your 4 star hotel in Vang Vieng plus your bashing against all those farangs.

You must have a very miserable life so go hiding under your bong. hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how whenever 'foreigner' is mentioned there is a collective clenching of butt cheeks by TVF members.

Doesn't it cross your minds that Africans, South Asians, Chinese etc are also classified as foreigners? In fact, I reckon George would garner at least double the members if he created a Chinese language version of TV.

But good...I do hope some farang trash is scooped up in this net and booted out.

You leave when ?

Who do u you think you are judging people ? I guess 95% of all Thai / farang marriages are a sham, its just that the dumb farang think the Thai girl loves him ( lol)

The real trash are those fat alcoholics who seem to think they can buy love, just go back to your home country to find out what your peers think of what you are doing, you would get shouted down on the street for being a pervert..... so think before you judge others.

Someone has a comprehension problem and gotten their panties all knotted up.

It would appear that you can't grasp what I said. It was in reference to (hoping) that some of the farang dross here in Thailand, that contribute zip in the form of taxes or welfare, break the laws and cock a thumb to the rules, would be scooped up in the net. And your problem with this, is?

Or perhaps it's a little too close to home for your liking? Either way, you have successfully alienated a good percentage of the TVF forum with your take on their 'perversions'. I didn't know marrying into another class, ethnicity or age group was a perversion.

And only picking on fat alcoholics - many alcoholics I have met are skinny because they are too busy drinking to waste time eating.

Or maybe because he is a skinny alcoholic

Or maybe not even a Thai girl will say she loves him.

Alcoholics go to meetings, drunks go to parties!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

"Foreigners on a one-year marriage visa are normally required to report to the police every three months along with their spouses."

No they are not ONLY the foreigner not the wife. Putting that aside as this is normal reporting by the Nation. Why would I believe the HEADING.

Police to check on foreigners involved in marriage scam

The Nation

Seeing that Pattaya , Phuket and apparently Chiang Mai Immigration can not issue single entry 90 day O-visa for conversion to retirement I have personally seen some very questionable marriage extensions..OH YEA Let the cavity search continue.whistling.gif

are you sure about that? the conversion do you mean a conversion from a tr to a 90 day O based on retirement , or am i reading that wrong?

Correct O in spades for Sin City and Phuket. CNX is open to debate until clarification comes out of CNX immigration. Sinn City must go to BK and Phuket must go to Hat Yai which is region 6 immigration hq.

Immigration Police yesterday asked for information from lawyer Worapan Benjaworakul !!! Look if this scam is happening it is clearly in conjunction with the full cooperation between the lawyer and the immigration because even if you have a signed marriage certificate there are a multitude of other documents needed along with it. Even your wifes ID and pictures of you both together in front of your house. You try and do this yourself, it is a nightmare, they make life so difficult for you, first year i did it myself and they had me back and forth, this copy is not clear enough, you need to go and get this, go away and get that, eventually when they realized i was completely messed about they took half the documents they made me get, give them all back to me, took out the ones they needed and i got my visa. Basically because of the harassment i now pay 25,000baht for a lawyer to go down and do it for me every year, and i am legally married.

You get married every year?

And you don't need a lawyer or immigration to get married - it's easy to do by yourself (you and your spouse)

What are you talking about dood? Are you hung over? Who said anything about getting married every year. You go through the very same visa process EVERY YEAR. The same documents need to be provided. I use a visa company every year to cut through the bull shit and get it done for me.

Last week I went to Samut Prakan immigration to have my visa based on retirement renewed for another year. Had a small chat with the officer and talked about visa extension based on marriage. He mentioned it was a kind of a hassle as immigration would like to have a lot of documentation plus photos from the house (including the bedroom) and a map leading to the house. Immigration would also visit the house and check that the couple are actually staying there and staying together.

Maybe the scam is good the first year, but when up for renewal then what ?

I still feel this is not possible in the way it gets reported and Immigration must be in on this deal.

A foreigner that request an extension of stay due to marriage or even applies for a visa at at embassy overseas must either submit a copy of the ID card plus let the wife sign it.

Often Immigration will request that the wife follows for the interviews for extensions.

I would really like to know how can this be possible. It must be a deal with immigration, Amphur and some agencies/brokers in between.

I suspect that many of those foreign hubbies are none-Caucasians.

all you have to have is one person in the right position, no need for the full office to be in on it

I still feel this is not possible in the way it gets reported and Immigration must be in on this deal.

A foreigner that request an extension of stay due to marriage or even applies for a visa at at embassy overseas must either submit a copy of the ID card plus let the wife sign it.

Often Immigration will request that the wife follows for the interviews for extensions.

I would really like to know how can this be possible. It must be a deal with immigration, Amphur and some agencies/brokers in between.

all you have to have is one person in the right position, no need for the full office to be in on it

Yes but if it is one person in the right position I put it on the Immigration department but since other departments have been mentioned I believe it is several departments and I would call it a ring. So lets wait if the KK Immigration head will take the fall but I doubt it. They say on the nation it might be up to 600 farangs so my guess is this scam has been going on for a long time. By the way the Immigration Police is now investigating which means case close in a few weeks.

Edited by MobileContent

My missus tells me this was identity theft in a lot of cases, easily done at the Amphur level, it is thought many of the women did not realise they had been married.

This is true.

Many if not all of the women involved had no idea their names and IDs were being used for such purposes.

I believe this matter came to light when a women was sent a tax demand for employment that she had no knowledge of and then made inquires when it became apparent that someone else was using her ID, or something along those lines anyway.

Lets hope they take this as a start and we see many fake marriages bought to light with the foreigner being run through the legal system and the Thai if innocent being let go.

There are a number of gay men I know of who are legally married to Thai women of negotiable virtue. These relationships are a sham and illegal!

I sympathise as it is, as far as I know, impossible for gay couples to be recognised as partners for immigration purposes even when they have become legal civil partners or been married in another country. ( I am prepared to be corrected as I don't know this for certain )

You leave when ?

Marriage, or even a relationship, is fine if the two parties are happy with it - some people marry for security, others based on appearance, friendship and a myriad of reasons - none of it is wrong or open to be condemned by others. I for one would certainly never live my life to satisfy my "peers". My partner and I have been together for nearly 10 years now despite a big difference in age and physical appearance. I owe the fact that I am not an alcoholic largely to the love and support that I have. If people want to talk about us behind our backs then let them - I am sure many did - I am also sure that far fewer still think that way now that they have got to know us. The world is not full of round pegs and round holes and people fit together in a variety of ways - if it were not for that then there would be millions more lonely people around.

• Like 1

I apologize that I scammed my Thai wife into marrying me.

Had a pillow under my shirt that it looked like a beer belly, wore second hand sandals, drank a bottle of whiskey every day, but it was actually tea, before we got married.

The Sin Sod, I only had to show when we got married was Monopoly money. I'm guilty, too.

But wait. Is the thread really about us fat, stinking, cheap Charley alcoholics? Thought it was more about ASEAN members, but I could be wrong.

You leave when ?

Whoa, a totally unexpected rage post, and really not justified in this case. I like you got something to say, but in this case, you went to world war, without passing through bitch slapping first.

What about the Thai women involved in the scam or is it all the foreigners fault?

According to an earlier report, the women may not have known their names were being used. One woman had allegedly turned up to register her marriage and discovered she was already married to a foreigner.

I know this was probably distressing for the newlyweds, but I can't help hoping that someone captured this on video and has embellished the soundtrack with some boiiings and a swannee whistle. w00t.gif

Something not quite right about this story.

I live in Non Sang, Nong Bua Lam Phu and for 90 day reports or annual extensions, Nong Bua Lam Phu residents deal with Immigration in Udon Thani and not Khon Kaen. So why are Khon Kaen investigating?

It is well known that extensions can be "purchased" without the need for bank accounts or other such trivial requirements such as wives so why the need for bogus marriages unless it is beneficial to the "foreigner" in their own country?