Suthep declines court summons over killing of Japanese reporter

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He declines to show up to a court summons? Arrest his ass and make him attend.

Attend what? and for what reason?

Just to repeat the same BS thrown at him over the years?

Just to explain once more the reasons behind the order, he and Adhisit issued to supress the clashes?

They had every right to order these actions.

And I hope this case is thrown out of the court.

Not because I'm not against the killings although nobody still knows where the bullets came from, but for the reasons politicians still pursue these court hearings to gain political benefits.

Supress the clashes?!?

Until the soldiers after nightfall moved on one of the red-shirt camps, near Phan Fah bridge there had been no serious injuries or deaths.

Then this happened :

start_quote_rb.gifThe army were firing live rounds on civilians. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself end_quote_rb.gif" Paul, British teacher

While on TV "There were no live bullets fired at protesters," Panitan Wattanayagorn said on national TV, AFP agency reported.

"Soldiers, Abhisit insisted, would only have fired live rounds "into the air and in self-defence".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612783.stm

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

I hope one day these evil criminals are dealt with -

Its really pathetic Thailand allows so many murderous types to roam

"these evil criminals............so many murderous types."

Freddy, apart from Suthep, the subject of this thread , you must have others in mind since you used plurals?

Its clear who were behind the 2010 slaughter -

Names need not be mentioned

Let me mention the names for you. Thaksin and his red and black militia.
  • Like 1

What can one expect when he thumbed his nose at the courts and laws. Walked away with millions of donated money laughing all the way to the bank.

Everyone got their share so he sits at home a happy camper.

Only in Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

Here is more form Paul's testimony on the BBC :

"I just saw a red-shirt protester shot three feet from me. Through the chest. It happened at around 2030 local time. He was doing nothing but sitting on a pick-up truck across the road from the Khao San Road intersection and about 100m from Democracy Monument.

There were noises of shots, but I thought it was rubber bullets, so I stayed there.

The man was around 50 years old, and waving a flag from a pick up truck. His head was five feet above from the highest point of the truck."

Supress the clashes?!?

Until the soldiers after nightfall moved on one of the red-shirt camps, near Phan Fah bridge there had been no serious injuries or deaths.

Then this happened :

start_quote_rb.gifThe army were firing live rounds on civilians. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself end_quote_rb.gif" Paul, British teacher

While on TV "There were no live bullets fired at protesters," Panitan Wattanayagorn said on national TV, AFP agency reported.

"Soldiers, Abhisit insisted, would only have fired live rounds "into the air and in self-defence".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612783.stm

"I just saw a red-shirt protester shot three feet from me. Through the chest. It happened at around 2030 local time. He was doing nothing but sitting on a pick-up truck across the road from the Khao San Road intersection and about 100m from Democracy Monument.

There were noises of shots, but I thought it was rubber bullets, so I stayed there.

The man was around 50 years old, and waving a flag from a pick up truck. His head was five feet above from the highest point of the truck."

Yep. Selectively quote a couple of statements ignoring the fact that "peaceful protesters" were also firing live ammunition at the army.

• Like 1

Just to explain once more the reasons behind the order, he and Adhisit issued to supress the clashes?

Not because I'm not against the killings although nobody still knows where the bullets came from, but for the reasons politicians still pursue these court hearings to gain political benefits.

"attend what? and for what reason"? Well attend the court he's been summonsed to and do what he's told. What would you say if Yingluck just said, "no, I'm not attending, I don't need to as I've answered questions on other stuff before"? You have a hissing fit. If he's summonsed he needs to go. Period. The fact that he thinks he's above the law is not a good image is it (except for you of course). If everybody refused to attend on the grounds of "Suthep said no, and I'm saying the same" would be a real handy thing.

• Like 2

Given there were armed protesters, he could have been shot by one of them.

• Like 1

yeah that's convenient, like Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi, who was shot and killed in the BACK while running away from Ratchadamri road, his colleague also shot in the back of the leg, it was blamed on the red shirts, the black shirts, a third hand, etc.

Except it has since been proven by the court that Polenghi was killed by a .223 calibre high velocity bullet of the kind used by the army, and that the only army unit present at the time was the Second Cavalry Division of the King’s Guard, which was tasked with dispersing demonstrators.

Every time it is a foreigner whose family has the means to investigate this seems to be the outcome, funny we never hear about it, anybody know the name Polenghi? nope. Any follow up articles in The Nation? nope.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

yeah that's convenient, like Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi, who was shot and killed in the BACK while running away from Ratchadamri road, his colleague also shot in the back of the leg, it was blamed on the red shirts, the black shirts, a third hand, etc.

Except it has since been proven by the court that Polenghi was killed by a .223 calibre high velocity bullet of the kind used by the army, and that the only army unit present at the time was the Second Cavalry Division of the King’s Guard, which was tasked with dispersing demonstrators.

Every time it is a foreigner who's family has the means to investigate this is the outcome, funny we never hear about it, anybody know the name Polenghi? nope. Any follow up articles in The Nation? nope.

You do realise that the black shirts were using military grade weapons too, don't you?

"Any follow up articles in The Nation? nope." You're kidding, aren't you?

• Like 1

What can one expect when he thumbed his nose at the courts and laws. Walked away with millions of donated money laughing all the way to the bank.

Everyone got their share so he sits at home a happy camper.

Only in Amazing Thailand.

Do you have evidence of this accusation that he walked away with donated money ?

• Like 1

You do realise that the black shirts were using military grade weapons too, don't you?

"Any follow up articles in The Nation? nope.

" You're kidding, aren't you?

You do realise that the odds of them using exactly the same weapon and bullets as the Second Cavalry Division stationed as that intersection is zero.don't you? the judge himself added there was no evidence that anyone but the army had such weapons in the area on that day

You also realise that when I say there is no follow up I mean front page news not a small web only article on the day.

Zero? Do you think every division uses different guns? It's a fact that the red shirts were using similar weapons.

So what you meant to say was "Any follow up articles on the front page as the main article and anything else I can think of to make the answer 'nope'? .. nope".

I haven't seen every front page of the Nation since 2010 (actually I might be unlucky to have seen 10) so I can't be sure, but I bet that you haven't seen them all either, so it would be pretty hard to prove.

• Like 1

I hope he continues to show contempt for the courts, and hope he does not abide by the summons.

I wouldn't want him to come to Bangkok and rustle up another 10,000 marchers to protest his innocence - had enough of that already.

• Like 1

Zero? Do you think every division uses different guns? It's a fact that the red shirts were using similar weapons.

It's not me, it's not an opinion, THE Bangkok Criminal Court ruled that Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi was killed by a bullet fired by the security forces during the May 19, 2010 dispersal of the red-shirt protestors.

You want to keep arguing when even the bangkok court inquest found he was shot by the military??. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

Well here we go again .

The self proclaimed peoples champion is now the bullet proof monk.

Yinglucks got the gonads to go the distance yet this bloke hides behind monks robes and thinks he's above the law.

Oh those elite there just a little bit above the average thai so why should any of them take notice of the law.

That's funny. I remember when the protests started, Yingluck and her gonads ran away up country while Suthep walked the streets while grenades were going off for his belief.

Have you managed to spot the back-room manoeuvring yet from Yingluck to avoid having to take her gonads to court and face her accusers - like Suthep and Abhisit already did ?.

Never let facts get in the way of a good whine cheesy.gif

Suthep walked the streets while grenades were going off because he most likely was directing the grenade throwers and knew he was never in harms way.

PS: Yingluck is actually female and therefore has no gonads (perhaps the Thai ladies that you've been fraternising with aren't exactly ladies - better do a quick check or you could end up in all sorts of trouble my friend)

• Like 1

It's not me, it's not an opinion, THE Bangkok Criminal Court ruled that Italian journalist Fabio Polenghi was killed by a bullet fired by the security forces during the May 19, 2010 dispersal of the red-shirt protestors.

You want to keep arguing when even the bangkok court inquest found he was shot by the military??. Unbelievable.

Go back an look at my first quote. I was referring to your statement about the red shirt protester being shot. The court hasn't ruled on that as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

It seems suthep and any headman or leader who are friends with him are above all laws. Prayut should write a special new law book just for suthep and his mates.

Any idea of a title?

"The Intouchables" whistling.gif

ok then

reds have to follow the law and be quiet

yellows can do what the frunk they want..eventually turning monks until everything calm again...and ignoring the law

can i eventually refer to suthep as the mass killer monk?

You would have done better to be silent and perhaps have some people think you are an idiot than to make a post like that & remove all doubt.

• Like 2