Thailand Elite Membership/Card - The low down

Hello All,

I'm a euro expat who works in a large SE asian city (hint - it's polluted as hell), but spends as much of my days off as possible in Phuket, renting a place here and all the strings that come with it.

Obviously, I very much fall into a grey area - too young for a retirement visa, child too young for a guardian visa, not interested in setting up a 'business' here, but earn enough to support me and my kin in Phuket without a problem.

Lately I've been getting more and more grief from immigration at the airport. Up until now I've always been able to blag my way in/out. After all, I'm not taking any Thai jobs, and spending plenty of money on this island.

I've heard about the Thailand Elite membership card in the past, but I've also heard rumours of small print etc.

My understanding is with the basic package you end up paying 500,000 thb for 5 years of being left alone, an appreciated guest of Thailand as it were. Plus plenty of other perks, but the main concern here is being able to come and go as I please.

Any pros/cons very much appreciated!

All the best, FC

Edited by Flying Clog
  • Like 1

http://www.thai-elite.com/

Thailand Easy Access Package (2014)

- 5 Years

- 500,000 Baht (included VAT)

- Non-transferable

- No annual fee

- Age not less than 20 years

- Airport Fast Track Service

- Limousine (24 times/yr)

- Discount Others

- Government Concierges

- 24 hrs Call Center

- Upgrade 1.5 Mil (ex.Vat) - 5 Yrs Multiple Entry Privilege Visa (Stay Extension report once a year done by Elite office)

Thats the best package.

I wouldn't want the golf or limousines, just fast track immigration and no hassles. Also no annual fees

Edited by hansgruber

I think OP might want input from individuals with experience - not just a website regardless of the veracity of it.

Wrong forum anyway. Belongs in the visa section and isn't Phuket related. Thanks for the concern though.

I agree ---> moving, with link here in Phuket Forum

I would think that a broader section of TVF might be interested in this topic as it is not a technical question .. but a question about benefits and perceived benefits... as it applies to living in Thailand.

I would think that a broader section of TVF might be interested in this topic as it is not a technical question .. but a question about benefits and perceived benefits... as it applies to living in Thailand.

General forum then. It's a general question that's Thailand related, not Phuket.

...child too young for a guardian visa...
  1. What nationality is your child?

2. Is the child living with you?

3. Does the child's birth certificate show you as the father of the child?

4. Does the city where you work have a Thai consulate? Otherwise, do you stay there long enough to get a visa for Thailand by mail?

waste of money..! get a new passport and btw immigration have tuned down now a lot compared to a couple of months ago when they were harassing people..

And getting a new PP does what exactly ? Putting a name and DOB irrespective of new passport will tell immigration everything they need to know, as lest not forget they also have a picture of your smiling mug as well

So what do you suggest, a new name, a new DOB, wig and false beard to go along with that new PP ?

And why is the TE scheme a waste of money, seems to the nay sayer are the ones who don't have a pot to piss in, but claim to be independently wealthy

• Like 2

OP, why another thread on this same topic ? see all 33 pages of this one for your answers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/

There has been countless threads about the Thailand Elite program since years...

Members have written about all the advantages of the program since years...

Haters of the program have been spitting their hate since years...

Still, the number of members is growing and growing...

These threads are good to create awareness about the program.

Personally, as a long time Thailand Elite member, I am happy to share my experience(s) with anyone on any (new or old) thread :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I am a member since 11 years.

The main advantage of being a member is the trouble free multi entry long term visa.

I also travel in and out rather frequently, since years.

I have never been asked a single question at immigration.

The nicest perk is to be met by the Thailand Elite staff at the gate when you arrive at Suvarnabhumi.

They make you pass through immigration in a record time. No questions asked.

The other perks are just for added convenience or fun.

If you want peace of mind and want to feel welcome to Thailand each time you arrive, go for Thailand Elite. It's just great.

(If you want to meet members, search for Thailand Elite Members on Facebook and send a message).

If you don't mind to pay for convenience, Thailand Elite is the best way. You won't meet any dissatisfied members...

The best is to contact Thailand Elite for complete information.

Their official website is www.thailandelite.com

No need to pass through an agent.

The money you pay.. Is it a fee or invested and returned later?

"I have never been asked a single question at immigration.

The nicest perk is to be met by the Thailand Elite staff at the gate when you arrive at Suvarnabhumi.
They make you pass through immigration in a record time. No questions asked.
The other perks are just for added convenience or fun. "

I guess this is the perfect solution for criminals. Pay the Thai gov't. 1/2 million baht and it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done you can come and go as you wish with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. These elite membership cards might just make Thailand a little more dangerous.

By the way, my post is not intended towards the poster I copied the quotes from. I'm sure he or she is a fine upstanding person.

• Like 2

Don't assume that the Elite visa is just for those under 50 years old who do not qualify for any other type of visa.

At 55 years old, I have a 'PE' visa, not a retirement visa. The primary reason is that 12 years of residing in Thailand on a variety of different visas, I got sick and tired of the 'hassle' from immigration, the corruption in the Phuket immigration office, the demand for additional documents that were not on the list of requirements for a visa type - basically I got tired of the 'runaround' and intrusion into my private life.

My Elite visa is 500,000 baht more than a retirement visa. I consider that 500k well-spent for my privacy :)

Exactly why when my 5 year one runs out ill be 52 and will renew with the 20 year elite visa. Its so much peace of mind and so easy to administer. Totally aggree with you
  • Like 1

I wish I had a really good reason to go elite. I could spend the money but just don't want to regret it. Sounds like a great program, will the limo take you anywhere in Thailand?

Its is worth it if you have the money. No limo is only available from Puhket and Swampy. And only 50 k from each location. Hope that helps.

I wish I had a really good reason to go elite. I could spend the money but just don't want to regret it. Sounds like a great program, will the limo take you anywhere in Thailand?

No the Limo will not take you anywhere in Thailand. You can't really expect to get 120 Limo rides to any place in Thailand :)