Thailand Elite Membership/Card - The low down

whistling.gif Like they say .... you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Right now I'm on a retirement visa .... so the question is an academic one to me.

If you have the money give it a try.

But just do some research and see what happened to some of those who signed up for the ORIGINAL Elite card program a decade or so ago.

Basically, to cut to the chase, it went broke, and many people lost money on it.

I'm not saying that kind of thing will happen to this Elite card program this time.

Maybe this one will work.

But like I said.........You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

Up to you.

The above post is not only misleading it is absolutely false. Who lost even one dime? Please cite examples for us or stop making up the facts to support your argument.

I personally know original members that are on their third five year visa. Not one has regretted their decision to buy the original Card and no one has lost money.

• Like 2

whistling.gif Like they say .... you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Right now I'm on a retirement visa .... so the question is an academic one to me.

If you have the money give it a try.

But just do some research and see what happened to some of those who signed up for the ORIGINAL Elite card program a decade or so ago.

Basically, to cut to the chase, it went broke, and many people lost money on it.

I'm not saying that kind of thing will happen to this Elite card program this time.

Maybe this one will work.

But like I said.........You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

Up to you.

The above post is not only misleading it is absolutely false. Who lost even one dime? Please cite examples for us or stop making up the facts to support your argument.

I personally know original members that are on their third five year visa. Not one has regretted their decision to buy the original Card and no one has lost money.

Unfortunately, the spreading of false information about the Thailand Elite program has been a common, and tolerated, practice on this forum since years.

Hopefully some members come up with the real facts and information.

• Like 2

Absolute rubbish.

It's you that needs to do some research.

• Like 2

Yes I compared it with Canada and let me tell you why. My Thai girlfriend who had 20,000 in her bank account (just a little more than 500,000 baht) and a guarantee employment letter from a restaurant she worked got her Canadian citizenship just based on these 2 facts..... And unlike elite this money is for her to keep and "visa" does not expire. I will not buy Thai elite visa simply because it is poor value. I can easily afford 500k but I won't lie it is a lot of money to me and if I wanted to leave Thailand for extended period I would feel like the money was wasted.
Your comparison is completely irrelevant,

If you want to use your GF as an example then the correct comparison would be like you working for 3 years in Thailand and applying for PR here, and yes you can do this with very little money down and employment

I agree but he said she got CITIZENSHIP. Seems hard to believe but who knows.

And one can get citizenship in Thailand going the same route, ie employment

Yeah a GREAT job (for Thailand) one that would be almost impossible to find, and take years to get the PR, and years to file the application, and even then. It's nice that crappy waitress job with one weeks paycheck can become a citizen of Canada.

For one I don't believe it is that simple in Canada, one weeks pay check LOL, from what I understand knowing Canadians, the system is quite easy, and in their opinion far too easy, and they wished it was harder for people

As regards Thailand, if you have the required skills needed in Thailand a decent job is not hard to find, PR also can take years to obtain in other countries as well. Thailands requirements are not that difficult if you qualify

Your thoughts about me as an individual aside, my original post about the inconsistency of your logic still stands. You are giving your blessing to me to keep doing what I'm doing, if I happened to switch to the Elite card and pay 500k to Thailand.

Bit rich isn't it, coming from a self confessed troll

Nothing wrong with some types of trolling, if they provoke discussion, so I'll take that bit back. What happened to the nomad thread from yesterday? (all kinds of links were in there JThai) It get too much for you guys, to be out-debated, and you had it deleted?

Certainly wouldn't have wanted it deleted, after all it was pretty clear who was out debated, and outed as a visa abuser.

• Like 1

Yes I compared it with Canada and let me tell you why. My Thai girlfriend who had 20,000 in her bank account (just a little more than 500,000 baht) and a guarantee employment letter from a restaurant she worked got her Canadian citizenship just based on these 2 facts..... And unlike elite this money is for her to keep and "visa" does not expire. I will not buy Thai elite visa simply because it is poor value. I can easily afford 500k but I won't lie it is a lot of money to me and if I wanted to leave Thailand for extended period I would feel like the money was wasted.
Your comparison is completely irrelevant,

If you want to use your GF as an example then the correct comparison would be like you working for 3 years in Thailand and applying for PR here, and yes you can do this with very little money down and employment

I agree but he said she got CITIZENSHIP. Seems hard to believe but who knows.

And one can get citizenship in Thailand going the same route, ie employment

Yeah a GREAT job (for Thailand) one that would be almost impossible to find, and take years to get the PR, and years to file the application, and even then. It's nice that crappy waitress job with one weeks paycheck can become a citizen of Canada.

For one I don't believe it is that simple in Canada, one weeks pay check LOL, from what I understand knowing Canadians, the system is quite easy, and in their opinion far too easy, and they wished it was harder for people

As regards Thailand, if you have the required skills needed in Thailand a decent job is not hard to find, PR also can take years to obtain in other countries as well. Thailands requirements are not that difficult if you qualify

Taking Thailand out of the equation for a moment as regards PR, ask yourself this question, assuming your not a US, UK or Aussie citizen, would you qualify for emigration to any of those countries or the basis of work, skills or investment, if the answer is no, why should Thailand make it easy for people ? From a work, profession point of view, if you have the skills emigration to another country ie bring granted PR is relatively easy

Your thoughts about me as an individual aside, my original post about the inconsistency of your logic still stands. You are giving your blessing to me to keep doing what I'm doing, if I happened to switch to the Elite card and pay 500k to Thailand.

Nothing wrong with some types of trolling, if they provoke discussion, so I'll take that bit back. What happened to the nomad thread from yesterday? (all kinds of links were in there JThai) It get too much for you guys, to be out-debated, and you had it deleted?

Certainly wouldn't have wanted it deleted, after all it was pretty clear who was out debated, and outed as a visa abuser.

Toady, very obvious regarding the thread under discussion that someone was hitting the report button all the time, and on the review it was obvious that some one was admitting illegal activity while at the same time, trying to justify their actions and blaming other people for their illegal activity hence the reason, I suspect the thread was pulled

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish.

Well it is partly rubbish but not absolute. Many of the lifetime benefits disappeared or were drastically reduced so it was not really a great success. Could have been if they had sorted out the limited property ownership rights but their xenophobia got the better of them

• Like 1

Canada, Switzerland, work, PR, ... and now even citizenship.

That brings us quite far from the subject of this topic, which is about the super convenience of the Thailand Elite program and it's PE (privileged entry) 5 years visa... with one year stamp per entry, and super speedy immigration assistance, and priceless welcome at the airport, and, and, and... (There is also discounts on private jet flights, but I guess many here would not be that interested)

:)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I wish I had a really good reason to go elite. I could spend the money but just don't want to regret it. Sounds like a great program, will the limo take you anywhere in Thailand?

I was on a Retirement Extention for a decade before I, like so many others, took advantage of the new Thailand Elite option. Seven days from start to finish. Perfect service and no hassles or worries for five years. I actively debated the pros and cons for about three month until my extention was about to expire and settled on the Card. I know I could have easily cut costs and received another Retirement Extention but I gave myself a gift.

Looming large in my decision was a couple of TV threads and the vitriolic outpouring from several non-card holders. Me thinks they complained too much. After examining their complaints and motivations along with the personal attacks on people trying to give an opinion or help others asking questions my path was clear.

If it is still available in five years I will do it again.

This is one case I don't understand. Is it really so hard to keep the 800K THB in the bank, since you are willing blow it for a 5 year visa?

I can understand if under 50 but this just sounds crazy.

I hear what you're saying and the direction I took is not for everyone. Maybe it is crazy but at my age the reapplication process seemed like it was just around the corner and I don't like the lines. I do admit that for the first five years I enjoyed going through the process especially at Suan Plu. What a show that was. But, like may things it became tedious and I found an option for me. It certainly has nothing to do with 800K Baht in the bank.

When individuals shop for a new car there are many cars in different price ranges. A cheap and reliable $25,000 car will get the job done but some opt for the $70,000+ car with a few more options. Keep in mind I do not what TV to go nuts on the pros and cons of car buys I am just citing a nearly parallel example.

I think it basically comes down to money. If you don't have much and are over 50, then keep with the retirement visa. If you have stacks of money, then why not make your life easier by getting an Elite visa. We all make decisions about what to buy every day. What's good value for one person isn't going to be good value for another person. If you think it's not value for money, then don't get it. No-one's forcing you. For some it's excellent value for money. It's up to each individual to decide.

• Like 1

The comparison with Canada is pointless. You could just as easily compare to a different country and then the Elite visa would seem a super bargain. With the Elite visa a single person can stay for 5 years for 500K baht. How much would a single Thai woman have to pay to live in Canada, USA, UK for 5 years? I know that for me to live in USA for 5 years I'd need to set up a business, employ a few people and invest $300,000 or more. That is the real comparison. Single Thai women can't get into Canada with just 500K baht and no job like people coming here can. If you're going to compare, then at least compare like with like.
  • Like 1

Toady, very obvious regarding the thread under discussion that someone was hitting the report button all the time, and on the review it was obvious that some one was admitting illegal activity while at the same time, trying to justify their actions and blaming other people for their illegal activity hence the reason, I suspect the thread was pulled

It's so funny when douchebags post 555555555...... Really tickles my fancy.......and they eventually nearly always catch themselves out.

Remember whereyoustay.....l.this is just like that :)

• Like 1

"Bit rich isn't it, coming from a self confessed troll"

It's so funny when douchebags post 555555555...... Really tickles my fancy.......and they eventually nearly always catch themselves out.

Remember whereyoustay.....l.this is just like that smile.png

I think jspilt is in a state of delusion.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quote (to many quotes 4 is the max)
  • Like 1

Absolute rubbish.

I think his Motto on this one must have been, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

:P

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

So I am wrong about comparing elite visa to Canada yet elite visa holders can compare it to a luxury car. ROFL. I'm just saying Thai elite visa is poor value. I wonder if Warren Bufett would buy it. My bet is probably not.

I don't know about Warren Buffet, but some people who are involved in business with him have the card... You can believe me on this ;)

• Like 1

Still no reply to the other question in my post then.

You consider digital nomads to be working illegally, even though 'employment prohibited' visa declarations refer to physically present work taking jobs from Thais. And consulates ask for 'proof of income from outside Thailand' to show one isn't working illegally in Thailand.

Yet then you recommend the Elite card as a 'perfect solution' to continue being a digital nomad, even though that has an 'employment prohibited' declaration too.

Edited by jspill

As I said... wealthy nomads, digital or not, should opt for the Thailand Elite program.

Whichever the visa one holds, if one works without a work permit, one will eventually be caught by immigration and deported.

In fact, any discussion regarding "working in Thailand" is unrelated to the Thailand Elite program.

Thailand Elite is for financially independent foreigners who don't need to work, or don't work anymore.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If you have Elite visa, can you work?

No. Put they will help you obtain relavant visa and work permit

When you say they will put you on a relavant visa, does it mean that you lose the elite visa once you get a work permit??

From what i understand you can get a work permit while staying on the elite visa, is this correct?

Thanks

If you have Elite visa, can you work?

No. Put they will help you obtain relavant visa and work permit

When you say they will put you on a relavant visa, does it mean that you lose the elite visa once you get a work permit??

From what i understand you can get a work permit while staying on the elite visa, is this correct?

Thanks

You can be a Thailand Elite member and also work... with the correct visa and a work permit... which they can assist you to obtain. Not a PE visa. A regular visa.

This can be interesting for those high level executives who travel a lot and, for example, would want to take advantage of the Thailand Elite members' welcome at the airport, the immigration assistance, the limousines, the golf privileges, etc...

But, of course, this is not the solution for English teachers or those who need to work on a small salary.

If you need to work, look for another solution.

And if you want to work on a Thailand Elite PE visa without a work permit you will eventually, and hopefully, be caught...

Edited by gerry1011

You can be a Thailand Elite member and also work... with the correct visa and a work permit... which they can assist you to obtain. Not a PE visa. A regular visa.

This can be interesting for those high level executives who travel a lot and, for example, would want to take advantage of the Thailand Elite members' welcome at the airport, the immigration assistance, the limousines, the golf privileges, etc...

But, of course, this is not the solution for English teachers or those who need to work on a small salary.

And if you want to work on a Thailand Elite PE visa without a work permit you will eventually, and hopefully, be caught...

I was indeed reffering to the benefits for people on high paid jobs...

But i'm a bit puzzled as to what happens if one quits or looses his job after obtaining a correct working visa and work permit while being an Elite member.

Does one has to leave the country to obtain the PE visa back?? or just remain on the visa that was obtained for work and still hold the Elite benefits while maybe looking for a new job?

Or am i getting it all wrong?

Thanks again.

I was indeed reffering to the benefits for people on high paid jobs...

But i'm a bit puzzled as to what happens if one quits or looses his job after obtaining a correct working visa and work permit while being an Elite member.

Does one has to leave the country to obtain the PE visa back?? or just remain on the visa that was obtained for work and still hold the Elite benefits while maybe looking for a new job?

Or am i getting it all wrong?

Thanks again.

If you are a highly paid executive, member of Thailand Elite, working with the correct visa and work permit, enjoying the other perks available for the members, ... and you decide to stop working, or you lose your job, you will be able to obtain the PE visa at immigration in Bangkok or at the airport.

Very quick and easy process assisted by the Thailand Elite staff.

In fact, if, by any chance, you were on an ED visa, it would be the same... Except that you are prohibited to work on such a visa ;)

Edited by gerry1011