Pattaya Officials Close Bars After Foreigner Attack

Rimmer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was a Kuwaiti national in a bar in the first place?

There's no law in Thailand saying Kuwaiti people are prohibited from bars.

Of course there isn't but being a Muslim he would not be expected to be seen there. Mind you, where I lived in Riyadh, there was as much underground drinking going on as in Pattaya in some areas. I had to get out of there!

• Like 1

"Mr.Sakchai revealed that the incident where a foreigner was attacked had destroyed the good image of Pattaya"

"destroyed the good image of Pattaya" cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Well it did. Mongers expect to get away with their antics without being harassed by bouncers.

Why was a Kuwaiti national in a bar in the first place?

There's no law in Thailand saying Kuwaiti people are prohibited from bars.

Even if there was, not many people observe the law anyway...but if the guy was a Muslim, he should have been guided by the koran

Yeah, just like how so many Christians are guided by the Bible. If everyone followed, the bars would be empty.

• Like 1

So why did the Kuwaiti get attacked? What did he do? How badly was he injured; what WERE his injuries? (Maybe more importantly, who does he know?) The details are so sketchy, this almost looks like a pretext raid and these bars were just on somebody's list...

Two Go-Go Bars and IBar raided by Banglamung District Licensing Officers

bar-3.jpg
In response to the alleged assault of a Kuwait National inside a Gogo Bar on Walking Street in the early hours of Wednesday, District Licensing Officers raided the venue and two others in the early hours of Thursday.

Major Badun Alubain aged 30, reported an alleged assault by Security Guards at the Spicy Girls Agogo which is situated in the centre of Walking Street. As a result, Police arrested the Guard who is alleged to have been responsible for the attack, Khun Danthai aged 29.
Concerned that the assault would tarnish the image of Pattaya, Khun Sakchai, the Chief of Banglamung District, decided to follow-up the case with a raid of the Bar in the early hours of Thursday. The venue was empty at the time of the raid and it is thought that the owners were given a tip-off of the raid.

Officers decided to check Champion Agogo, located underneath Spicy Girls Agogo, knowing it has the same owner. Khun Somshart aged 50, the Manager of both venues was detained after alcohol licensing irregularities were found.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/151706/two-go-go-bars-and-ibar-raided-by-banglamung-district-licensing-officers/#sthash.3qwuRW21.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-25

So they were raided on Wednesday and ordered to close for 60 days, the police then decided to raid them again on Thursday and were surprised that the venue was empty? suspecting they were given a tip off about the raid?? i suspect it was empty due to being ordered to close the previous day, but that's just me!

• Like 1

phantomfiddler, on 24 Oct 2014 - 17:23, said:

Regrettably most thais are under the impression they they can do whatever they like to any farang with complete impunity. Luckily in this case the police sided with the assaulted farang, but this is not the usual case, and until thai attacks on foreigners go unpunished the reputation of Thailand will continue to slide sad.png

Think you'll find Kuwait is in Asia so a Kuwaiti is not a farang.

Regrettably most thais are under the impression they they can do whatever they like to any farang with complete impunity. Luckily in this case the police sided with the assaulted farang, but this is not the usual case, and until thai attacks on foreigners go unpunished the reputation of Thailand will continue to slide sad.png

Geography lessons are urgently required sir..giggle.gif

Geography lessons are urgently required sir..giggle.gif

Yes, I reckon you should apply for lessons asapwhistling.gif

Kuwait is actually part of Western Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait

dabhand & phantomfiddler....my apologies, wai.gif I have just followed your link and read this too on wikipedia. They say you must learn one thing new every day, and today is no exception. I will endeavor to try to keep up in the future..facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

Western Asia, West Asia, Southwestern Asia or Southwest Asia is the westernmost subregion of Asia. Western Asia is a newer term for the area that encompasses the Middle East and the Near East. Due to the Eurocentricity of referring to an area as "east" of Europe, international organizations have replaced Middle East and Near East withWestern Asia and West Asia. West Asia and Europe are collectively referred to as Western Eurasia.

Mods, I hope that by quoting the above I am not breaking any rules, if so, then my apologies, and it would be two things I learnt today!

• Like 2

The bouncers messed with the wrong guy.

Has it occurred to anyone that the reason he got some apparent justice was that as a Kuwati army officer he was able to afford to buy a chunk of Thai justice.

If he didn't pay and the police actually did their job, excellent and I apologise to all involved. I just wish some justice could get meted out to the Jet Ski thugs who are still apparently operating on Pattaya beach with impunity.

First time I've seen an Arab described as a 'Farang' on this board. I can only put this down to the old standby, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', but if the same man bumped into you in central Pattaya you'd be banging on your keyboards about the 'bloody Arabs'. Carry on.

• Like 1

Kuwait is Muslim a good Muslim what is he doing 1.00 a.m in pub as Muslim not allow to drink alcohol and prostitution

Ever been to Jakarta or KL ? It's a little like Irish Catholics - there's Sunday morning and then there's Friday night. I don't know about you, but I don't spend too many Friday night's thinking about Sunday morning.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

dabhand & phantomfiddler....my apologies, wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> I have just followed your link and read this too on wikipedia. They say you must learn one thing new every day, and today is no exception. I will endeavor to try to keep up in the future.. alt=facepalm.gif> thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif>

Western Asia, West Asia, Southwestern Asia or Southwest Asia is the westernmost subregion of Asia. Western Asia is a newer term for the area that encompasses the Middle East and the Near East. Due to the Eurocentricity of referring to an area as "east" of Europe, international organizations have replaced Middle East and Near East withWestern Asia and West Asia. West Asia and Europe are collectively referred to as Western Eurasia.

Mods, I hope that by quoting the above I am not breaking any rules, if so, then my apologies, and it would be two things I learnt today!

Good on you for being so magnanimous in your admission. Slightly off central topic I always considered that Kuwait was or is the 19th province of Iraq. In this respect I have to admit some understanding of Saddam's actions in 1990 where he claimed (correctly in my opinion) that Kuwait were plilfering Iraq's oil. I blame the Brits who were responsible for drawing lines in the sand (1932?) but hey ho, you can never change history.