Songkhla 'Facebook' Buddha becomes tourist craze

webfact

"Facebook" Buddha Becomes Tourist Craze
By Khaosod English

14141358671414135911l.jpg
A Buddha statue in Songkhla province has garnered international attention after some observers noticed its unusual hand gesture: a thumbs up that looks similar to the “Like” symbol on Facebook.

SONGKHLA — A Buddha statue in Songkhla province has garnered international attention after some observers noticed its unusual hand gesture: a thumbs up that looks similar to the “Like” symbol on Facebook.

The red “Like” Buddha is 1.5 metres tall and one of several hundred other Buddha statues located in the Talod cave temple in Saba Yoi district.

Temple abbot Prakru Yankoso said the statue has always been popular among locals, but started drawing visitors from around the globe after images of the statue's likeness to the Facebook icon began circulating online.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1414135867

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-24

• Like 1

Wasn’t it Chalerm with help of the Technology Crime Suppression Division of the RTP and the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology who in 2013 threatened everyone with jail who clicks the ‘Like Button’ of pages they disliked?

Here is the solution- add the Buddha to prevent this:

fcc88c43-e005-4426-ad2d-4e7ee0e5bad9_zps

Better than those duck face selfies I've been getting from traveling acquaintances.

I'm going to see if I can go viral with a snappie of soi dog poop that looks like Elvis. (The real Elvis, not that fat alien that ate the real Elvis...)

• Like 2