Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Look at those simple people. Have they brought up their sons to become rapists and murderers??

I refuse to believe it.

Please keep posting, so the two guys (together with Hannah and David) are never forgotten!!

I, like you, feel for the parents and the torment they must be enduring and of course no one brings their children up to be rapists and murderers. But what do rapists and murders look like? I don't know. Back in the 70's I worked with a man, only a work associate, who in 1984 was convicted of murdering a female on Brampton Island, Australia, after first raping her. He was holidaying on the island with his wife at the time Looking back and to have known him I, for one, was shocked and never thought he was capable of such crimes. So much for looks.

Edited by Si Thea01

Do you believe the cops at the crime scene or pre-medical exam planted the suspects DNA and semen?

At the scene no, but after its possible, pre med exam with all the samples being sent in and the boys had already had a DNA swab in the first round up just after the murders and not flagged up then. The original samples taken from the victims havnt even been handled by a forensics team apparently anyway ? so possibly anything could have happened to samples once away from the crime scene.

unless of course they are just lying and there was no match

This is in my opinion far far more simple and likely, if the RTP present a file and DNA report that says its a match how would a judge know if the report was made up, arranged, legit or even credible ? they would just normally accept it, Seeing as no forensics team was on this case how can it be trustworthy, DNA could be contaminated very easily... all the judge would have is a RTP report that says match, given they arnt the pillar of honesty I think its entirely likely the RTP may have just fudged a DNA report to look ok in a thai court... but now the spotlight is in them any second look at DNA would reveal any fudge up or claim anyway... that's their problem i think, they cant present what they have because its BS and probably a made up report with some name on the bottom. I think the prosecution are concerned about that and doubt they wish to be a part of this farce. thats the main reason I think they are not to date allowing samples to be tested by an independent agy,

We could argue all day semantics of what can or cant be done here or wherever but we wont...here is the crux

The facts are this. Elections Constitution, MPs, parliament etc etc all this is suspended. Thailand is under military rule, martial Law exists nationwide.... let me say that again.

Thailand is under Martial law and military control, there is no constitution and anything the the army says can happen... can, or of it says not it cant. Its that simple atm really it is.

Meaning If PM P wishes to allow outside verification or help or whatever, thats what will and can happen...period ..there is nothing that cannot be altered anytime its required at the moment... not since the coup.

Actually the opportunity to take a huge leap forwards exists for PM P and Thailand, question is will they seize the moment or have to be dragged there unwillingly and embarrassed or worse be totally predictable and show theres nothing different at all about this coup, close ranks and protect the corrupt ?

First, while martial law can play a factor, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with this case to date, unless I am missing something. Good or bad, I don't see this case being handled any differently had it occurred pre-martial law.

Okay, you don't seem so convinced that they planted evidence early on including likely having to clean and then place the suspects semen in the victim prior to the autopsy. So, won't harp too much on this but to say that this would mean they knew who they were going to frame from the get go which doesn't make sense given so many other things that transpired.

Second, I agree with you that if the DNA is BS then the most logical reason would be that the police have lied about there being any match and have left everyone in the lab scratching their heads. I assume you will agree with me that if this is the situation it is going to come out fairly soon but at some point for sure. Certainly they know the DNA evidence would have to be submitted at some point. But why I think this if far fetched too is because too many eyes on this case and I am sure by now the top guy has wanted to confirm the DNA did indeed match. So even if some stupid lower level folks decided to lie it has to be known to the higher ups who know they will never get away with it given the suspects have good lawyers and you have two different countries directly monitoring things as well as human rights group. It just doesn't seem plausible they would take a case this far knowing they will never be able to back up their DNA claim. The murders and all the other BS is not going to hurt Thailand but if it turns out they are lying about the DNA there would be all sorts of travel bans or advisories and countries sanctioning Thailand. Murders go unsolved everywhere as do police abusing people and even all those mystery deaths in the hotel(s) didn't stop tourism from rising ... people and the press have short memories. But an entire force from top to bottom setting people up to die through the legal process, that is something else. And I have little doubt the PM is following the evidence very closely so the cover-up would actually go all the way up to him. Although we might not want to admit this, trust me when I say he is more aware not of just what is going on but also what the police are capable of.

DNA is not the only evidence against these two but it is certainly the most damaging evidence and it would take a HUGE underrepresented vast conspiracy to fake it and there is just no logical reason to this. The police heads in Bangkok through the PM are not scared of some islander headsman and if they were they could take everything he owns and charge his entire family with being involved in the crime and cover-up and appoint a new mafia chief of the island if this is what people believe ... as you said, it is martial law so they could even go further getting rid of the family as one thing police everywhere don't like is to be controlled by anyone let alone an outside or mafia figure. And if it is the mafia money they want, they can simply take it all right now.

So, imo either we find out very soon the cops lied about there every being any match or the DNA match is solid. Who knows, maybe the prosecutors problem with accepting the case now is due to something ain't right about the DNA. Again, I would just be beyond shocked if they would try to take it this far if there was no match.

You are full of Bs and you have been trying to derail this case from the start , if you are the person that was covering up for the owner of in touch resort it wont be hard for scotland yard to find you CKK on CSILA

Edited by StealthEnergiser
  • Like 2

This all over the UK press. Guardian running with it.

It's all over the news all over the world. Australia, Germany, French News, Euronews, AlJazeera. This is NOT going to die down despite what Thailand thinks is the norm. BIG things are starting to change. Like an Aircraft carrier turning at sea. It takes tiome but once she starts to move there is no stopping her

Despite that,according to TAT the tourist numbers are up 11% for the high season. The average tourist doesn't give two farts what happened at his holiday destination, it's sun, sea and bar girls, it wont happen to me.

• Like 2

You are full of Bs and you have been trying to derail this case from the start , if you are the person that was covering up for the owner of in touch resort it wont be hard for scotland yard to find you CKK on CSILA

Thanks, you made me actually laugh out loud, regretfully almost spit out my drink.

• Like 1

is the DNA semen match or cigarette match?

getting confused

Been stated since the match numerous times in the press by police the DNA matched the semen.

But think about what you and others are asking while considering that from the start they have said the DNA on the cigarette matched the semen.

On Friday, Police Commissioner Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang told CNN that DNA in semen taken from Witheridge matched samples taken from the two men.

"The DNA matching result is out already and they matched with DNA found on the female victim," he said, adding that the men admitted to raping Witheridge.

He said DNA samples taken from cigarette butts found near the bodies also matched those of the two suspects. The men, who haven't been named, have been in custody since October 1, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

A completely stupid post. If they are guitly what will you say then. "Oh people I was wrong, my appologies to all the good operaters of guest houses and hotels for the last twenty years, my bad". Social media is faceless and yet powerful. For sure pressure the BIB, but I think it's pretty pathetic to add salt to the wounds of innocent business owners and operators surely suffering in the shadow of this horid event.

"If they are guilty" ... if you have been following closely the case you should now that statement makes no sense. Social media power and loss of tourism revenues are the only reason why Scotland Yard is let in. And the only hope to reform this rotten and corrupted system.

Thanks, you made me actually laugh out loud, regretfully almost spit out my drink.

I think you also have connections to in touch and 2 dive camps one of them is B if this is true and you are trying to cover for mafia families then in my opinion you are a disgrace.

You are quite welcome to prove me wrong but you certainly are raising a lot of suspicions on this forum and others.

• Like 2

I think you also have connections to in touch and 2 dive camps one of them is B if this is true and you are trying to cover for mafia families then in my opinion you are a disgrace.

You are quite welcome to prove me wrong but you certainly are raising a lot of suspicions on this forum and others.

Well I guess you'll have to wait for Scotland yard to release their report to know for sure. cheesy.gif

Well I guess you'll have to wait for Scotland yard to release their report to know for sure. cheesy.gif

And if you are aware of who the real killers are and you are covering I really hope you are tracked down.

• Like 2

some heavy accusations being made elsewhere

Where? Give us a clue?

Well, let's see, try reading or listening to the British tabloids, talk radio, and bloggers for a start; then go to any farang bar in Thailand and listen. Oh, and some may even say there have been "heavy accusations" on TV.

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

You are welcome to stay away though.

WOW, you must be one of the most uncareing person's i have ever seen post on TVF.

Enjoy your trip to KT...

You are right about one thing. I absolutely do not care about your opinion of me smile.png

I do, however, care about my friends and look forward to spending time with them.

I expect the 2 Burmese men to have been convicted by the time I get a week off.

And i expect that possibly you may find your self in a bit of trouble with that non careing attitude.

Also just to let you know as well, that i could give a rat's arse about your opinion about anything.

Maggot's have better moral's and respect than you.

• Like 1

phuketandsee, on 25 Oct 2014 - 14:28, said:
TTom911, on 25 Oct 2014 - 14:18, said:

seems the Scotland Yard paid yesterday and today ("unofficially" already before? who knows...) a visit to Koh Tao. As per Bangkok Post, which seems we can't link here

Yes, and it looks like a lot more than just "observing" the RTP since the local and provincial RTP were not informed.

Or indeed allowed anywhere near the British investigators. I wonder why that was? (rhetorical question)giggle.gif

is the DNA semen match or cigarette match?

getting confused

To end your confusion here is the day when everything was on the right track

and after that strangely all change

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

To all that claim the 2 Burmese are the killers. Read this carefully if you missed it.

police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

Wow! if this is true. And I hope it is. I was not expecting something this quick.

A lot of people are jumping to a lot of unjustified conclusions about this case, but one thing is for sure: without some kind of physical evidence to prove they were forced to confess, the two young Myanmar suspects will not get off the hook.

The Thai authorities are clearly convinced of their guilt and determined to press ahead with a prosecution. If it is just the world of the alleged murderers against those of their interrogators they have little hope of persuading a judge of their innocence.

It is significant that the Thai PM would only agree to accept UK police as "observers" rather as co-participants in looking more deeply into the evidence against the accused men. Prayuth and his miliitary-dominated administration are used to giving orders, not receiving them and tend to react negatively when confronted - as evinced by their defiance of domestic and international calls for martial law to be lifted and political dialogue restored.

Hopefully, all those Thai Visa posters who greeted the new regime so enthusiastically when it deposed the previous democratically-elected government are beginning to see the downside of being ruled by a non-elected oligarchy.

i not think he would be stupid enough to go to Australia

Rapes is a sexual crime in Australia

and with new laws you can be and inteviewed and arrested by Australia police, even if the crime was committed in an overseas country

If he is travelling to Australia by Jetstay Immigration authorities will already have him on their, Want To Talk To List

with short notice he would be travelling on a Tourist or work visa

both of these visas allow him to have to show cause at immigration

If he was a person of interest, that is. I see no reason for him not being let out of the country, or being able to go to any country he wants to. But he needs to be careful where he goes. The law will catch up with him eventually, after the Burmese are freed. Cambodia seems like a better option. Plenty of mafia there to look after him.

Half an hour with JTJ and his mate JD most people would admit to murder.

It's much better reading and easier to follow since I put that troll JTJ on ignore.wink.png

I second that, I've a far less urge now to respond to the rubbish they post and if I'm feeling like I'm missing something then there's still a tab there to show the missing post immidiatly

help me, how can I put him on ignore?

The world is watching. What's the next move for the rtp?

The next move is to keep looking like the jackasses they are, and to then somehow inexplicably get away with it all.

Maybe the problem is the rest of the world who sets the bar too low for the standards it expects or cares about from thailand.

John, you are wasting your energy trying rational reasoning with the singers of the conspiracy theory.
For them the man never walked on the moon, it was the Americans who organized September 11th and AIDS was invented to eradicate sexual deviant ...
Now in our microcosm they suggest a conspiracy involving all leaders of the country for the sole purpose of saving the son of a local baron. They will challenge evidences and correspondences on the same principle and when the courts observed by the world press with the assistance of internationals lawyers make their verdict, they will challenge.
After police statements awkward the farce switched sides to settle permanently here. It would be hilarious if we forget the dramatic origin of all these discussions.

No idea what that last line is meant to mean. But if you are talking about the dramatic origin of these discussions, that would be Mon being arrested and the BIB going after someone who had fled to Bangkok.

Edited by bertty
  • Like 2

Again the problem we have is if the DNA matches the 2 Burmese kids it doesn't prove they murdered her. No DNA on the murdered weapon, no fingerprints and no wine bottle. Even in media reports a case for murder has not been solved or proven. Why has the case been closed.