Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Its no longer funny-

This is a third world country under Marshall law-

Don't go there if you desire Justice

Who's Marshall?

enjoy your bike ride to kao yai

your opinion is valued as are others

Raining.. Only made it to Sarika before heading back.

Do you know who Marshall is?

Its no longer funny-

Who's Marshall?

lol

ahhhhhhhh

that would be telling

Its no longer funny-

Who's Marshall?

Yep, you can pick up a spelling mistake but sod all else............rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

But back on topic because i know your interested... a simple Q for you, do you believe any of the claims from the 2 Burmese regarding torture, threats etc ? just curious

I would not be surprised at all if they were mistreated. I currently don't believe they were "physically tortured" though they may have been handled roughly and threatened. According to the parents who went and visited one of them, he said they confessed due to "threats of torture".

I would not be at all surprised if the police got confession through threats. The only doubt I would really have about the confessions being obtained in an illegal way is police know how much scrutiny and under a microscope this case was under.

Although there could be an explanation, on thing I am not seeing why they would also confess to the crimes to their embassy, lawyers and a human rights group later in a private meeting without police present where they also said they were abused.

Regardless, I believe the confessions should almost surely be thrown out simply because of the suspects claims of threats unless police recorded them in full and can show there was no mistreatment. I believe this should be the case everywhere given there is technology readily available to record interrogations. Because of this, I am suspect of confessions got by any police department across the globe.

Edit: as for tourism damage to Koh Tao --- never did I suggest people would solely come to Thailand to see a crime scene ... just as people don't go to California to take the murder tour bus but many do while they are there. I also was clear in saying this was just one reason people might go in the near term. Although not stated I was talking more about local tourism which makes up a much bigger junk of tourism in Thailand than most people realize.

Thanks for a topical reply wink.png

OK so when does a threat of harm become classed as torture ? It dosnt have to be physical, im sure they were slapped about, its almost routine for the RTP but torture can be mental too and thats why threats are used, to cause mental anguish and the thought of the threat being carried out is believable.

if a British police said that most would likely just say BS and confess to nothing knowing it was obviously just a ruse to extract a confession but.....These kids are Burmese, ergo they would likely have the same opinion and fears of the RTP as they would of their own police/army in their country... given the record Myanmar has of inflicting beatings and killings on their own people in these kids lifetime I can only see the kids totally believing the threats could turn real....

As for the case I dont believe these confessions can now be taken seriously either, however it is also for that reason it is VITAL to have the DNA looked at by others, for the sole reason if nothing else to know for certain of their part or not.

yes i know gruesome tours exist, we have them in the UK too like Cambodia have the killing fields. but thats historical history type tours, I cant see any people other than freaks coming to look at saree beach for that reason. Thais might but they dont like bad spirits, I dont know many Thai who would go there with the way things are atm. For that matter I cant see other Asians being comfortable there either.

final footnote...

The Thai press is no doubt guilty of making things up, misquoting, mistranslating and others no doubt use it from time to time to that effect since its always in question if the press quotes people properly or not... some of the contradictions and strange things said in tandem has indeed seemed wacky at times.

I am not going to split hairs on what is and is not torture, listed to enough of that for years in the US. But again, I say throw out the confessions with any claims by the suspects they were mistreated unless the cops can prove they weren't (recorded).

DNA -- let me now as you a question. Do you believe the cops at the crime scene or pre-medical exam planted the suspects DNA and semen?

There are so many logical reasons why this would be near impossible and make no sense but it is the only plausible way you can believe the police are lying about the DNA match unless of course they are just lying and there was no match and come trial this would clearly come out and think the prosecutors would know this by now too.

So, barring they all conspired to set these two up or there is going to be a huge story coming out any day that there was never a DNA match we have to accept there was a match, even if it was a BS match not from the victim or suspect (they replaced actual DNA), right?

I am not going to get into all the details of everyone involved in the process but the bottom line this would involve a conspiracy so great and gran with so many people who never heard of the headsman from Koh Tao and have no fear at all of him that is just makes this a ridiculous notion.

The gist of it is that early on the original samples collected are cataloged were sent to a lab or labs for a DNA report. This results are shared with numerous people and backed up on other computers. Numerous people in the lab would have been involved in the testing and likely different people involved with testing different samples that they said early on matched. Some of these people that were shared the information was a number of universities (i believe it was 3) as they were involved with comparing the DNA to the hundreds of samples they were collecting from people on the island. Even with the universities help, they couldn't process all the samples for comparisons and there was a big backlog. But each one of these labs has numerous people who had access to the original DNA report and numerous computers were these results were stored.

Point being is there is no way to undue the results of the initial DNA tests from the victims and crime scene. Too many people have these results and they are located in too many places. Any attempt to change them in one place would set off alarms at others.

The second part is as long as the suspects bodies are around, there DNA will be here. If they are innocent then their lawyers have already taken their DNA or at minimum that of their family and will certainly have it compared to that original DNA probably at all the labs and probably at no charge since most people want to know for sure the truth. Regardless of how corrupt the police are, they are not so stupid as to believe this would not happen while planning this conspiracy.

As for some other country retesting and verifying results, it is just not the way things are done here or anywhere else no matter how much public outcry. I won't even get into all the reasons why but no country is going to put itself in the position of needing to depend on another country to gain their own public trust. Every time there was doubt in the future they'd once again need to do this for not just the public but every defendant and they then would no longer be a sovereign nation. Thailand has no problem asking for help, like many countries, and have invited both UK and US authorities to help or be involved in criminal investigations where they needed help to solve. Having another country confirm what Thailand can and has already has done is a completely different story. Like it or not and regardless if it makes it tough for people to accept, this is just the way things are done across the globe.

Besides, the only way another country can retest is if they have the original sperm from the victim and if they test and the results confirm then people will simply say the Thai police replaced the original specimens despite how this would nearly be impossible.

Do you believe the cops at the crime scene or pre-medical exam planted the suspects DNA and semen?

At the scene no, but after its possible, pre med exam with all the samples being sent in and the boys had already had a DNA swab in the first round up just after the murders and not flagged up then. The original samples taken from the victims havnt even been handled by a forensics team apparently anyway ? so possibly anything could have happened to samples once away from the crime scene.

unless of course they are just lying and there was no match

This is in my opinion far far more simple and likely, if the RTP present a file and DNA report that says its a match how would a judge know if the report was made up, arranged, legit or even credible ? they would just normally accept it, Seeing as no forensics team was on this case how can it be trustworthy, DNA could be contaminated very easily... all the judge would have is a RTP report that says match, given they arnt the pillar of honesty I think its entirely likely the RTP may have just fudged a DNA report to look ok in a thai court... but now the spotlight is in them any second look at DNA would reveal any fudge up or claim anyway... that's their problem i think, they cant present what they have because its BS and probably a made up report with some name on the bottom. I think the prosecution are concerned about that and doubt they wish to be a part of this farce. thats the main reason I think they are not to date allowing samples to be tested by an independent agy,

We could argue all day semantics of what can or cant be done here or wherever but we wont...here is the crux

The facts are this. Elections Constitution, MPs, parliament etc etc all this is suspended. Thailand is under military rule, martial Law exists nationwide.... let me say that again.

Thailand is under Martial law and military control, there is no constitution and anything the the army says can happen... can, or of it says not it cant. Its that simple atm really it is.

Meaning If PM P wishes to allow outside verification or help or whatever, thats what will and can happen...period ..there is nothing that cannot be altered anytime its required at the moment... not since the coup.

Actually the opportunity to take a huge leap forwards exists for PM P and Thailand, question is will they seize the moment or have to be dragged there unwillingly and embarrassed or worse be totally predictable and show theres nothing different at all about this coup, close ranks and protect the corrupt ?

I think you are missing the point. Yes, theoretically the army has a lot of power. But, only if they WANT to use it. They do not want to upset the status quo, the elite, the super rich, or the well connected. This coup was never about reorganizing Thai society. It was about getting the baboons to stop bickering. They have succeeded in that. But, it was never about upsetting the fundamentals of society, the family in Tao is untouchable, even by the army.

• Like 1

I believe there is no DNA match and I also think that the police report does speak about DNA but not say it directly that the burmese guys DNA is an exact match to the DNA samples taken from inside the victim. I would bet the report is not complete and leaves it up to the reader to decide. Meaning that the police don't want to make a direct comment saying 100% as they will have no way out if something later happens.

Normal Thai response is to leave out any direct statements that say 100% as the person stating that has then taken responsibility. The Thai court may be asking for someone to make a direct statement but no one willing to do so ....

Just saying ....

got to wonder why it keeps on being sent back?

the perfect case as quoted?

• Like 1

That's right they have absolutely nothing. I tell you what we do have. A massive storm of young kids be tortured to confess to something they didn't do. How about we investigate that. How about we look for more potential killers. Why have the police closed the case when there is NO EVIDENCE these kids committed murder. None. Why are the Thai police so quick to close the book on a murder investigation when they have no proof. These are the questions that need answering immediately.

We have to add

Why do the Thai police not investigate other "hot" suspects? If only to proof they are innocent

And how do you know they have not been investigated! Are you part of there workforce? Enlighten me.

Here's your enlightenment:

The Thai police published every detail right or wrong important or not.

So you can be sure as hell if they were investigated and found innocent police and they would be singing it from every rooftop. In particular after so many make no secret of their suspicion and ask for investigation in public.

The internet is a public arena overrun by CT types. I have not problem with debate, but I detest idiots recommending carte blanche boycotting of an island with many livelihoods at risk. I love this country, I know it is not perfect, but I will wait until court proceedings expose either truths or lies. It is healthy that we have a Scotland Yard observer on hand, and I believe he will not be shackled or shy to express his opinion, which will be one of an international flavour. But, to those who hate everything Thai and express it with vigor, I will stand up for my home. I will not support blind lies, planting of evidence or corrupt payments to protect the influential, but at the same time I will not accept unproven hearsay as fact. In the mean time, I hope the operators of good guest houses and hotels recover, and that the families and friends of these young adults get good quality justice.

• Like 1

I believe there is no DNA match and I also think that the police report does speak about DNA but not say it directly that the burmese guys DNA is an exact match to the DNA samples taken from inside the victim. I would bet the report is not complete and leaves it up to the reader to decide. Meaning that the police don't want to make a direct comment saying 100% as they will have no way out if something later happens.

Normal Thai response is to leave out any direct statements that say 100% as the person stating that has then taken responsibility. The Thai court may be asking for someone to make a direct statement but no one willing to do so ....

Just saying ....

I would also guess that the report states that a DNA match was found at the crime scene but further into it states DNA found on a cigarette butt on the beach. Basically misleading the reader.

Only a guess :)

If there was a true 100% sure DNA match this case would be over.

• Like 2

Again, there is no DNA evidence that connects the Burmese to the murders. The whole thing was made up.

Why do you think there has yet to be a trial.

The cops wanted it sorted out A.S.A.P so as not to stop the tourist cash.

If they had the evidence to hang these guys it would have happened already.

• Like 1

Just saying ....

I would also guess that the report states that a DNA match was found at the crime scene but further into it states DNA found on a cigarette butt on the beach. Basically misleading the reader.

Sadly DNA alone doesn't make a case.

Again, there is no DNA evidence that connects the Burmese to the murders. The whole thing was made up.

See above for an example of a conspiracy theory
  • Like 1

Just saying ....

Only a guess smile.png

it is a 700 page report!

Everybody forgets that DNA evidence only proves they are connected to the the victim it does not prove they have commited the crime

Their semen was in one of the victims.

Your 'word of mouth' does not count here, please provide a link to your source of information coffee1.gif

Just saying ....

Yes it does !!!

This is my 1st post today on this thread, but I see you've been very busy. With all TV posts now over 700 I wonder how many are yours, 30, 40, or over 50, probably more? This is turning into a vocation for you isn't it, but rarely do I see any sort of desire for JUSTICE, merely rebuttals of others posts, which you always seem to slate as conspiracy theories.

We know you have friends on KT and you do visit them. IMHO you are obsessive about this case, and you are being so in an attempt to protect someone/persons or a business, probably a diving school on KT. You are demonstrating loyalty to them above and beyond the call of duty. Whoever they are, they must be very important to you to absorb so much of your time on this case. I assume that if a non-Thai is convicted you will feel your efforts have been worthwhile in protecting the tourist 'gravy train' on KT and other island in the vicinity.

You would be wrong.

But don't let that bother you.

This is my 1st post today on this thread, but I see you've been very busy. With all TV posts now over 700 I wonder how many are yours, 30, 40, or over 50, probably more? This is turning into a vocation for you isn't it, but rarely do I see any sort of desire for JUSTICE, merely rebuttals of others posts, which you always seem to slate as conspiracy theories.

We know you have friends on KT and you do visit them. IMHO you are obsessive about this case, and you are being so in an attempt to protect someone/persons or a business, probably a diving school on KT. You are demonstrating loyalty to them above and beyond the call of duty. Whoever they are, they must be very important to you to absorb so much of your time on this case. I assume that if a non-Thai is convicted you will feel your efforts have been worthwhile in protecting the tourist 'gravy train' on KT and other island in the vicinity.

You would be wrong.

cheesy.gif .........................clap2.gif

Oooooop's forgot, never got an answer,,,,,,What nationality are you..? Noooo porkies..thumbsup.gif

A DNA match from a cigarette butt means very little. A DNA match from inside the victim and we have the rapists and the murders. This is however not saying that there are not

more people involved.

Rapists and probably the murderers. DNA puts the rapists there. I think most reasonable people would also conclude that the rapists killed them.

I would conclude that.

I would also think that judges would. This is an instance where it not being a jury trial is a good thing.

You would be wrong.

Oooooop's forgot, never got an answer,,,,,,What nationality are you..? Noooo porkies..thumbsup.gif

I answered. Off topic and irrelevant.

I am in no way defending JDINASIA but how can one mans opinion on here cloud the verdict and outcome of this investigation.

I would also like to add I do not agree with some of the things he puts the same as he does not agree with mine.

He may have interests and people on the island but I doubt an expat would have much clout.

You would be wrong.

Pity you couldnt answer my questions on the other thread JD

You would be wrong.

Pity you couldnt answer my questions on the other thread JD

I did

I am in no way defending JDINASIA but how can one mans opinion on here cloud the verdict and outcome of this investigation.

I would also like to add I do not agree with some of the things he puts the same as he does not agree with mine.

He may have interests and people on the island but I doubt an expat would have much clout.

It cant, however if people rise to his baiting they will eventually be banned and the thread closed.

Most people on here want justice.

I know how a proper police investigation should be run. I also know how the Thai police operate.

I will repeat what I have said earlier. The only reason the British Police are here and this story has been kept in the public spotlight, is because of social media. The more people reporting on these media outlets, the harder it is for the RTP to continue to cover up.

There will be conspiracist theories, but I believe the more people are talking about this case and the more questions are asked, there is a better chance of getting true justice for the victims. One thing is for sure. If everybody remains quiet, justice will not be served.

The British inquiry into the investigation is almost certainly -- as per documented FCO and British Police procedure regarding Murder of British Nationals Abroad -- at the behest of either or both of the families of the deceased and would probably be proceeding as such even without any input from petitions or social media.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

AND thats where the "posting" crap makes "browny points"............thumbsup.gif

I do have friends there. I have no financial ties to the island.

People that actually live in Thailand tend to have friends here. My friends tend to be professionals but a few on the island are Thai dive masters.

There are no browny points.