Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Look JD is right about 1 thing in that there is nothing the British authorities can do. They might see things the RTP missed but nothing new they find will ever see the light of day in a Thai court. They can go home and reveal what they want but it will not change any outcome. They could be here to help the families gain better closure but that's about it. It won't help relations between the two countries if they reveal something completely different to the Thai authorities. Diplomacy is always number 1 in these matters. For all we know they are just here to appease the masses of complaints. Its sad and I don't like it but that's more than likely the reality. Best you can hope for if the 2 kids didn't do it they get released and nobody is brought to justice... The Thais will not convict one of there own. They have made that very clear from the start..

As we've all too often seen in the past appeasement only stores up even bigger problems that surface in the future. I hope David Cameron has more balls and brains than to think this case is just another diplomatic inconvenience. There is a General Election next year with UKIP snapping at at his heels with regards to UK sovereignty being surrendered. He would be unwise to ignore the rights/safety of UK citizens abroad by dismissing the KT murders as unimportant. Thankfully Thailand is low on the list of economic priorities ie not a major oil producer or strategically important to the UK. Hopefully common sense, justice and honesty will prevail.

Did you just mention national sovereignty? We can assume you support Thai sovereignty?

Look JD is right about 1 thing in that there is nothing the British authorities can do. They might see things the RTP missed but nothing new they find will ever see the light of day in a Thai court. They can go home and reveal what they want but it will not change any outcome. They could be here to help the families gain better closure but that's about it. It won't help relations between the two countries if they reveal something completely different to the Thai authorities. Diplomacy is always number 1 in these matters. For all we know they are just here to appease the masses of complaints. Its sad and I don't like it but that's more than likely the reality. Best you can hope for if the 2 kids didn't do it they get released and nobody is brought to justice... The Thais will not convict one of there own. They have made that very clear from the start..

As we've all too often seen in the past appeasement only stores up even bigger problems that surface in the future. I hope David Cameron has more balls and brains than to think this case is just another diplomatic inconvenience. There is a General Election next year with UKIP snapping at at his heels with regards to UK sovereignty being surrendered. He would be unwise to ignore the rights/safety of UK citizens abroad by dismissing the KT murders as unimportant. Thankfully Thailand is low on the list of economic priorities ie not a major oil producer or strategically important to the UK. Hopefully common sense, justice and honesty will prevail.

Did you just mention national sovereignty? We can assume you support Thai sovereignty?

I am still waiting for your nationality, you won't answer..

• Like 1

I am still waiting for your nationality, you won't answer..

For the 3rd time, irrelevant and off topic.

• Like 2

Is that legal? I am amazed once again

Absolutely disgusting, whether its legal or not I have no clue, whats even more worrying is the amount of chatter going on via facebook between the hours of 5.30am and 6.30am on the 15th Sept between local residents on facebook, local DJ's and a couple of prime suspects, I cannot give you the link to that as TVF does not allow but its on the AD website

Lots and lots of articles on that website. Could you please help and be a bit more specific on which article in particular? I would really like to read it.

Thanks

Please help me.

What is AD website?

Andrew Drummond

Wow. The invisible people become visible. I get the feeling this won't end well. crying.gif

I am afraid emotions are running to high in defense of these guys incarcerated. For sure Andy Hall and his followers can help finance a defence, but in the end if they are guilty then they should stop this Thailand bashing.

So if it comes out that the RTP has botched this investigation we can go on with our Thailand bashing? Or at least say what we think of RTP....

No one here that I know of is a fan of the RTP. However; many here underestimate their influence. It is a national organization where a percentage of everything that is taken is handed to the next level. They aren't all bad but they are all obedient to the system that they work in. It will be because of the military that these boys have even a chance in hell of being cleared of murder.

Edited by Local Drunk

What do you your friends on the island think about the situation?

I am waiting on a trial

I have only spoken to one friend on the island and she is disgusted by the pictures of the victims being online. She is not sure if the police has the right suspects and is waiting on a trial as well.

Edit - she does question the integrity of the online sources of the conspiracy theories.

JD, I have you on ignore so that the thread is not cluttered up by numerous irrelevant and misdirecting posts. I did however decide to click on this one just to see if your tune has changed in the past 24 hours or so.

You should either ignore or don't ignore and keep it to yourself, no reason to announce that you want to selectively close your eyes and open them temporarily when you feel like. It is almost a comical approach. I block you but then I unblock and look and respond then put you back on block or maybe I don't.... If you are blocking for the reasons you claim then go for it, if you just want to tell people you block them even though your responding to them then your being childish.

• Like 1

I am waiting on a trial

I have only spoken to one friend on the island and she is disgusted by the pictures of the victims being online. She is not sure if the police has the right suspects and is waiting on a trial as well.

Edit - she does question the integrity of the online sources of the conspiracy theories.

JD, I have you on ignore so that the thread is not cluttered up by numerous irrelevant and misdirecting posts. I did however decide to click on this one just to see if your tune has changed in the past 24 hours or so.

You should either ignore or don't ignore and keep it to yourself, no reason to announce that you want to selectively close your eyes and open them temporarily when you feel like. It is almost a comical approach. I block you but then I unblock and look and respond then put you back on block or maybe I don't.... If you are blocking for the reasons you claim then go for it, if you just want to tell people you block them even though your responding to them then your being childish.

I wasn't going to feed him anymore.

• Like 1

I am waiting on a trial

Yawn. Yawn. And yawn again ....

Can you both just get a room please.

• Like 2

Well it's pretty obvious who the thai schills are. Don't respond to them, it gives them a forum space. They ignore the real questions, headmans son won't give DNA and the Burmese boys were cleared immediately on DNA , there are pics of them in line.

For about the 50th time, the two charged in this case had never had their DNA tested prior to the match... explained both on numerous times on this board and in the press and by the police. How do you make such comments about the case when you seem to know so little about it?

Not to mention police already wasted enough time investigating the headman's son because of rumor and it turned out he was not even on the island at the time and was in Bangkok.

It was not rumor their is CCTV footage of the headman's son on the island on the night of the murder.

Really??? Where ?

So you think the police have 'wasted enough time investigating the headman's son' ..... I find your judgement on this interesting.

I don't think they wasted any time at all investigating this lad. There is enough circumstantial evidence to have a very close look at this boy on the night in question and not just believe the fairy stories thrown in their direction.

Nothing more than a bit of dodgy CCTV that could be taken anytime. I've not seen anything from the University at all that backs him up despite what his lawyer said. Not to mention his classmates that have reported that he showed up late with injuries.

Any investigation that was serious in solving the crime (truthfully) would not have given him such an easy pass. Too many unanswered questions and too many clues that he was not really where he said he was.

The police themselves had evidence that placed him at the crime scene at the time of the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

(I like this article.... I'll post it again. Read it. Read what the Chief policeman said...... Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen. Then read it again just to make sure you understand it.)

Quote: "He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders."

Given all that........ why the sudden change of heart with almost no follow up.

If he was in Bangkok all the time..... great. But given the circumstances....... any responsible investigator would have a proper look at it all. You seem to think that they have wasted enough time already. I don't think they even wanted to scratch the surface.

For about the 50th time, the two charged in this case had never had their DNA tested prior to the match... explained both on numerous times on this board and in the press and by the police. How do you make such comments about the case when you seem to know so little about it?

Not to mention police already wasted enough time investigating the headman's son because of rumor and it turned out he was not even on the island at the time and was in Bangkok.

Interesting ? Or plain ridiculous?

So you think the police have 'wasted enough time investigating the headman's son' ..... I find your judgement on this interesting.

I don't think they wasted any time at all investigating this lad. There is enough circumstantial evidence to have a very close look at this boy on the night in question and not just believe the fairy stories thrown in their direction.

Nothing more than a bit of dodgy CCTV that could be taken anytime. I've not seen anything from the University at all that backs him up despite what his lawyer said. Not to mention his classmates that have reported that he showed up late with injuries.

Any investigation that was serious in solving the crime (truthfully) would not have given him such an easy pass. Too many unanswered questions and too many clues that he was not really where he said he was.

The police themselves had evidence that placed him at the crime scene at the time of the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

(I like this article.... I'll post it again. Read it. Read what the Chief policeman said...... Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen. Then read it again just to make sure you understand it.)

Quote: "He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders."

Given all that........ why the sudden change of heart with almost no follow up.

If he was in Bangkok all the time..... great. But given the circumstances....... any responsible investigator would have a proper look at it all. You seem to think that they have wasted enough time already. I don't think they even wanted to scratch the surface.

Your logic is flawed on so many levels. First you claim police are covering up for the kid because of fear and power from his family but had no problem accusing him early on (your very dated link) in the investigation when they focused on numerous people including the farang friend who they said had bloody pants in his suitcase. Of course the people not living in fantasy world know the police ended up ruling these suspects out because things were not as the seemed including the fact they verified this kid was not on the island when the murders took place. You somehow are being incredibly silly basing your nonsense on things you don't know since were not part of the investigation and then going on about other BS you heard online from other silly folks.

Even in your dated link it clearly states he is a headmans son and police clearly have no problem of accusing him and even saying so publicly ... just like they did with others early on before eliminating them as suspects.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

Well it's pretty obvious who the thai schills are. Don't respond to them, it gives them a forum space. They ignore the real questions, headmans son won't give DNA and the Burmese boys were cleared immediately on DNA , there are pics of them in line.

It was not rumor their is CCTV footage of the headman's son on the island on the night of the murder.

From http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

But then for some unknown reason the investigation change course. Leave you to guess why.

Not at all unknown. Turned out one son wasn't even on the island at the time of the murders just like it turned out it was not blood on the farang's pants. Like other early suspect the police found out they were wrong.

All you have proved without any doubt now is that the police were not scared to investigate him and even went so far as accusing the family in the press of the crimes. So the entire theory of the police being scared is HUGELY flawed. And this was not some low level cop accusing him in the press... that and of course you either don't follow the story or make things up to fit your conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

From http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

But then for some unknown reason the investigation change course. Leave you to guess why.

What happened to Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen ? Inactive post? Big brown envelope?

• Like 1

He is the one that announced they had the suspects when they arrested the 2 Burmese men.

I believe he is now in Phuket.

Right. Have been asking what has happened to the last two generals and where are they .....really.....?

Not at all unknown. Turned out one son wasn't even on the island at the time of the murders just like it turned out it was not blood on the farang's pants. Like other early suspect the police found out they were wrong.

All you have proved without any doubt now is that the police were not scared to investigate him and even went so far as accusing the family in the press of the crimes. So the entire theory of the police being scared is HUGELY flawed. And this was not some low level cop accusing him in the press... that and of course you either don't follow the story or make things up to fit your conspiracy theory.

When 1% of people think there is a conspiracy they are probably a sandwich short of a picnic.

When 99% of the people think there is a conspiracy going on I would think that the 99% are right.

• Like 2

Seven days after he change the investigation track from arresting the true perpetrators

and shift into the scapegoat mode :

Lt Gen Panya Mamen moves upstairs to Assistant Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764608-name-of-new-phuket-police-chief-confirmed/

Is this message clear enough ? smile.png

• Like 2

Seven days after he change the investigation track from arresting the true perpetrators

Lt Gen Panya Mamen moves upstairs to Assistant Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764608-name-of-new-phuket-police-chief-confirmed/

We read this.

Now we re asking where is he REALLY - and the other bloke ?

• Like 1

Of course they are not scared - why on earth would they be scared. This is just a commercial transaction - illegal possibly - but when did anyone give a hoot for the rule of law in Thailand anyway. The scary thing is there could be a judge presiding over this matter with a similarly minuscule understanding of things as you - and no jury to balance!

• Like 1

Only if you are completely clueless in understanding these moves were planned and spoken about in the press well before the murders.

Can I ask everyone would you let you child go on vacation to the island now? I hope you all reply even JTJ and JDINASIA, will be interesting what the replies are.

Never and my missus will not be Returning to any of these three islands ever again -that I can write in blood if neccessary. :)

Can I ask everyone would you let you child go on vacation to the island now? I hope you all reply even JTJ and JDINASIA, will be interesting what the replies are.

The suspects are in jail! My daughter is an adult. She never consulted me anyways.

That being said, I would go so it would be hypocritical for me to tell someone else not to.