Malaysian Muslim receives death threats for dog-petting event

Lite Beer

No one is bashing moderate Muslims. The complaints are about radical Muslims and fundamentalism. They are the ones issuing the death threats against moderate Muslims for petting dogs. .

For many of this lot, there is no difference.

If the supposed "moderates" would out the "radicals", I could agree that "moderates" exist

. Until that happens, the world must treat all muslims as suspiciously as we would treat known radicals.

Inactive complicity is essentially support

. The "radicals" would not be able to function outside the area controlled

by the new Militant threat in the middle east without the silence of those who know

and dont report... ... ...

Time after time after time, moderate Muslims HAVE INDEED come out and rubbished the extremists.... Do some research.... Uninformed claptrap.

Take a look at who is assisting the Americans in their Air Strikes against IS. It is Muslims.... Have look at who the people MOST affected by radical Islam, actually are.... Moderate Muslims....

Sure, not being able to pat a dog is nonsense to us..... but equally nonsensical to a non Buddhist, is not being able to touch the top of someone's head.... without causing offense... And before you come back about Buddhism being a truly peaceful religion (tho that is generally true) ask the Rohingyas how that is working for them....

Classic Muslim apologist. The majority of Muslims are not "moderate". Just because they don't blow themselves up OR they help the Americans to save their own skins, don't mean that they are moderates. Only a few Muslim countries has a majority of moderates.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of posts here using terms like "good Muslims" versus "bad Muslims" or "moderate Muslims" versus "radical Muslims".

The weak point as I see it is - there are no clear definitions of either.

I would like to see such definitions. And I hope that if there is such a need to prove with direct quotes from Koran that your definitions are not consistent with it.

And once you are at it, please decipher 'dog petting event'. BTW I saw a lot of pork meat dishes in Malaysian restaurants. Can one raise pigs without touching them?

Edited by ABCer

Ten years ago Malaysia was pushing something called Islam Hadari, supposed to be Islam for the modern world. Billboards about it featuring a picture of the PM, including the wing-nut states on the NE of the peninsula.

It didn't do too well. It did a good job of bolstering the fundamentalist movement, though.

Good thing about Malaysia vs other Islamic countries in the Middle East is that it has a sizable non-Muslim population (25% Chinese, 7% Indian).