Can "friend" get queue number for retirement extension?

cheeryble

Hi

This is for Chiangmai office.

I'd much prefer not to get up at 5 or 6am to get a place number to renew my retirement extension as don't go to bed until 2 or 3.

Obviously I have to go in later for the main deal after I have a place.

A friend told me there are now plastic chairs outside and this is the queue and the numbers are given at 7.

I asked if he had to show any documents at this stage. No.

I asked if he thought I could pay someone to queue and pick up the number for me. He said should be ok.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Btw...

That friend said he arrived at 6.20am and got number twenty something, but I just heard of a Korean going at 4.30am and also being in the twenties. If I pay someone to do it, what time should they be there latest?

Thanks v much

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

When I went for B-visa extension a couple of weeks ago, the chief was there checking passports before handing out queue numbers for my queue. He was sending people to other queues if they were in the wrong place. Not sure if this happened for all queues, no idea what his response would be if your face didn't match the passport photo.

Edited by naboo

not being to sure (or non of my biz) why you have seemingly strict regime of what time you retire for sleep

but surely once a year you could be a little more flexible with what is a reasonably important task just to make sure you receive your extension without any hitch mmmmmmmmmmmmm just a thought thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I've held queue places for other people, but the person doing the "holding" better have a good story. I've held places for my husband and also for elderly foreigners who are too infirm to deal with the morning scrum. In the case of Hubby, I bring my own passport, so our surnames match and in the case of the elderly foreigners, I have a doctor's letter.

• Like 1

I've held queue places for other people, but the person doing the "holding" better have a good story. I've held places for my husband and also for elderly foreigners who are too infirm to deal with the morning scrum. In the case of Hubby, I bring my own passport, so our surnames match and in the case of the elderly foreigners, I have a doctor's letter.

I bring all the paperwork for the applicant, too, everything signed already, photos, etc, so they can see all that needs to happen is for me to call the guy's caregiver or frieng to get him over to Immigration at the proper time. They can see there isn't go to be a hold-up.

I don't think you want to send someone over with nothing all, with just the instruction "hold a place for me".

Thanks Nancy and Blueeyze

Sounds like a goer.....and after all I'm willing to pay some deserving early riser a day's wages for an hour's effort so my teddy bear don't get lonely.

Would still be interested in more confirmation (or warning!) and also about what time to arrive, very important.

ps Jerry

My wife sometimes says to me you don't go to sleep 3 not read book, you go to sleep 11 tonight!

Well sorry sleep just ain't gonna happen.

Edited by cheeryble

Depends on what time you want to get into Immigration. 5 am or earlier if you want to get in the morning. 6 am might be OK for afternoon. Maybe earlier if it's a busy day. You know you can apply 30 days before your expiration and not "lose" days; they give you 12 months from the date of expiration, not date of application. Best to start early in case something goes wrong.

• Like 1

I have to do my retirement extension this week and I am in a state of anxiety because of it.

Can anyone tell me what time I should go ... seems to get earlier and earlier. I don't know what to do ... I thought about getting an agent but from reading this topic I see it is not possible, it has to be the person themselves. What is the latest time I can go to be sure I get it done? And could anyone tell me if it ever happens that someone is told the Q is full?

Any advice would really help.

I am not disabled or anything thank goodness but without seating I don't really know how long I can stand ... I think not much more than half an hour.

Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Last time i was there i commented that waiting in line at 5am would be a decent job for a college student needing a few hundred baht. He/she could get the first number, hang out till 7.30 am, or so, and then turn the ticket over for the cash.

I have to do my retirement extension this week and I am in a state of anxiety because of it.

Can anyone tell me what time I should go ... seems to get earlier and earlier. I don't know what to do ... I thought about getting an agent but from reading this topic I see it is not possible, it has to be the person themselves. What is the latest time I can go to be sure I get it done? And could anyone tell me if it ever happens that someone is told the Q is full?

Any advice would really help.

I am not disabled or anything thank goodness but without seating I don't really know how long I can stand ... I think not much more than half an hour.

Please give me some advice.

Thank you.

You can get an agent at a high for some cost. I believe 5,500 baht. They will do all the paper work and set every thing up. They will tell you what time to come in. From what I have heard it is only about 5 minutes in there and you are on your way.

• Like 2

1. There are a handful of plastic chairs. Maybe 20 in all. I got there at 05:35 and did not get one (on 2014-10-10)

2. Certainly someone can wait in line for you. A good percentage of the people in line when I arrived were from local visa companies

3. I recommend you get there by 07:00 when the provisional numbers are handed out

4. How long you will be there depends on what you need done. If something simple like a 90-day, don't even go until the afternoon

not being to sure (or non of my biz) why you have seemingly strict regime of what time you retire for sleep

but surely once a year you could be a little more flexible with what is a reasonably important task just to make sure you receive your extension without any hitch mmmmmmmmmmmmm just a thought thumbsup.gif

I also never go to bed before 2 or 3 and never go to Immigration at 4 or 5 or 6 or even 7:00!

Last time i was there i commented that waiting in line at 5am would be a decent job for a college student needing a few hundred baht. He/she could get the first number, hang out till 7.30 am, or so, and then turn the ticket over for the cash.

Certainly that's already being done.

as i said on another thread ,very poor service at the immgr dept,largely due to staff manning levels

and very limited floor space to cope with the ever increasing numbers of aliens wanting their services

do believe that over the past 2 yrs ,that the number of aliens have doubled,yet the manning level remains the same

and their is a mooted prospect that immgr may have a new blding,but this is at a planning stage which will take 2 years to prepare

feel its desperate ,when one has to place stooges(paid or not paid) to get a queue number,in the early hrs of a morning...

and with the asian community setup to kick in 2015 ,the already dire situation will surely get worse

but a reputable visa agent can take care of the above woes ,for around the 5000 baht mark

if u have the necessary funds, makes good sense to mesmile.png

and a lovely morning to allbiggrin.png

as i said on another thread ,very poor service at the immgr dept,largely due to staff manning levels

and very limited floor space to cope with the ever increasing numbers of aliens wanting their services

do believe that over the past 2 yrs ,that the number of aliens have doubled,yet the manning level remains the same

and their is a mooted prospect that immgr may have a new blding,but this is at a planning stage which will take 2 years to prepare

feel its desperate ,when one has to place stooges(paid or not paid) to get a queue number,in the early hrs of a morning...

and with the asian community setup to kick in 2015 ,the already dire situation will surely get worse

but a reputable visa agent can take care of the above woes ,for around the 5000 baht mark

if u have the necessary funds, makes good sense to mesmile.png

and a lovely morning to allbiggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Your reputable visa agent is just another stooge standing inline for you. Nice try.giggle.gif

^^^^^perhaps so

but i pay my super agent a very reasonable fee, to do all my business at the immgr dept,that i require

if its being a stooge,or a cough cough ,here and there

who cares

as my super agent keeps evenstevens , a step ahead of the restsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

May be true about visa companies Anselpixel

....but when you say "no point going early", what's the alternative?

I also wonder about when the LAST numbers are issued, as obviously the best time to go (for most people) is the latest possible.any insights on that?

Edited by cheeryble

The premium queue numbers are taken by professional visa service companies now.

How do you know this to be true?

I know because I use a service, and have always had a top 5 number when I arrive at 8:30.

They tell me the numbers are issued to them in advance, so even the service doesn't go at the crack of dawn.

As for when the numbers stop being issued, it varies. I've been turned away at 9:00AM. That's why I hired someone.

Thanks. You are the second source indicating that the visa agents are using morning q numbers, not the online q.

The other one did however say they went early in the morning to get them.

Either way makes more sense than them using the online system.

When I was last there on 10 Oct I was the second person in line 3. To my left in line 2 and right in line 4 were visa company people, each with stacks of passports.

Same reason I now do 90 day reporting by mail.What used to be an easy 10 min job, late afternoon, is now hijacked by agents,queue jumping, without a number, with a bag full of passports.

Not rumour, seen it happen, a cosy arrangement for the Agents with Imm.

Book yearly extension on line at 12.01 am, well in advance ,and mail 90 days reports, bypass the stress.