As cold as ice

Lite Beer

Have we ever found out why the moaners remain in a country they so dislike?

One of the great mysteries of Thai Visa. Often asked, rarely answered.

Oh dear, repeating your self.

I live here. I work here. I like it here.

However I won't allow myself to be so blinkered that I accept prejudice.

Thailand is a great place, but please don't give me the "you're not Thai so you can't have an opinion" BS.

That's real old.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if you object to this kind of thing so strongly, and it's so prevalent in this country, why not take your business elsewhere?

Just i dont go,use,buy to places with that scams...that is all.But the mentality behind that scams is crap for the people who benefit from it.Cheap people.

Judging from the initial response on here it seems that their pricing policy is having it's desired effect. If it were my place I wouldn't want it full of whinging cheapskates either, neither would I as a visitor. Good luck to them.

Nothing to do with it being expensive or not.

Everything to do with discriminatory pricing practices.

So you find a reduced price for pensioners, as is often the case in"home" countries abhorrent as well?

Make the old bludgers pay the same price as everyone else.

I guess you support getting rid of disabled car parks as well.

Come on...if 550 baht, or 200 baht more than Thais pay, is going to break the bank...simply don't go. The price is advertised - you make your choice -go or don't go. It won't bother the Chinese company who runs the business.

If the wife and I go that's 550 + 350 = 900 baht or 30 dollars OZ. Hardly a huge amount for a wonderful experience.

• Like 1

I accept crap like this in Thailand as a fact of life in Thailand.

One of the downsides. There are also of course upsides.

No country is perfect as we all know.

HOWEVER, accepting things like Thai racism towards foreigners does not mean we are obligated to drop core personal values.

INTERNALIZING the worse aspects of Thai values is not required. Personally, I find foreigners who bend over backwards to make excuses for bad things like Thai racism to be MASSIVELY more annoying than anything the Thais do.

Each to their own. Personally, I find people who cry racism over a petty matter like this rather hysterical.

• Like 1

Judging from the initial response on here it seems that their pricing policy is having it's desired effect. If it were my place I wouldn't want it full of whinging cheapskates either, neither would I as a visitor. Good luck to them.

Nothing to do with it being expensive or not.

Everything to do with discriminatory pricing practices.

So you find a reduced price for pensioners, as is often the case in"home" countries abhorrent as well?

Make the old bludgers pay the same price as everyone else.

I guess you support getting rid of disabled car parks as well.

Come on...if 550 baht, or 200 baht more than Thais pay, is going to break the bank...simply don't go. The price is advertised - you make your choice -go or don't go. It won't bother the Chinese company who runs the business.

If the wife and I go that's 550 + 350 = 900 baht or 30 dollars OZ. Hardly a huge amount for a wonderful experience.

Normally I find myself in agreement with your posts. Not here though..

I said discriminatory, that is based on nationality, not on ability to pay.

I can see the case for OAP discounts, for positive affirmative action and making life easier for those who may need it. There are good, solid reasons for differentiating prices based on age or ability to pay.

Discrimination based on race, nationality or other chauvinistic thinking is not a valid one.

And yes I boycott places that do so, as I would anywhere.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Even for using the toilet...Give us a break!

IMG_1823_toilet.jpg

Shameless toilet lady. But heck, she works at a toilet.

She will not take any crap from you either!

Couldn't give a sh_t... whistling.gif

HOWEVER, accepting things like Thai racism towards foreigners does not mean we are obligated to drop core personal values.

INTERNALIZING the worse aspects of Thai values is not required. Personally, I find foreigners who bend over backwards to make excuses for bad things like Thai racism to be MASSIVELY more annoying than anything the Thais do.

Each to their own. Personally, I find people who cry racism over a petty matter like this rather hysterical.

And yet here you are - absorbing the pain for the benefit of the naive masses. Do you have a seat on your bike? Or do you prefer to ride without one?

:) Ouch

I never used the R word.

Was i replying to you?

I never used the R word.

Then you don't know the definition of racism. Any kind of different treatment based on perceived race is racism. It does not need to be severe. It can be very trivial. Also, it doesn't even need to be negative treatment.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

You should first look up what a race is as you clearly don;t know but lets pretend us race of foreigners ... actually not foreigners just those not working here or having a Thai DL in most cases .. pay a little more for some things. Is it holding us back, are we the ones that are disadvantaged in life?

You make me sick with your BS and completely fake sense of what is right. The vast majority of those visiting Thailand have more money and opportunity in life than the vast majority of Thais and you whine like a little spoil child about some make believe race of tourists existing to whine how it is unfair and wrong.

Taxing those with high incomes more isn't always fair but that is life, get over it. This occasional being charge more is such a small issue in the grand scheme of those suffering in this county it is just absolutely SICK you choose this issue to pretend some faux racist conspiracy. Especially when it is not a common occurrence outside government subsidized events or locations.

You should first look up what a race is as you clearly don;t know but lets pretend us race of foreigners ... actually not foreigners just those not working here or having a Thai DL in most cases .. pay a little more for some things. Is it holding us back, are we the ones that are disadvantaged in life?

You make me sick with your BS and completely fake sense of what is right. The vast majority of those visiting Thailand have more money and opportunity in life than the vast majority of Thais and you whine like a little spoil child about some make believe race of tourists existing to whine how it is unfair and wrong.

Taxing those with high incomes more isn't always fair but that is life, get over it. This occasional being charge more is such a small issue in the grand scheme of those suffering in this county it is just absolutely SICK you choose this issue to pretend some faux racist conspiracy. Especially when it is not a common occurrence outside government subsidized events or locations.

I once met a Thai girl, who at a very young age had been adopted and taken to Sweden by her foster parents. When she returned to Thailand as a 20's year girl to visit her natural mother and siblings, she explained that when they visited an attraction, due to the fact that she din't know one word of Thai, she always left it to others to make the payment( although it was her money) and was of course charged as a Thai, this she thought was wrong and completely racist. She could work this out, unlike you and other.

• Like 2

Not to be the devil's advocate but whose fault is it that Thais don't get better wages?

• Like 1

So, for the price of a couple of beers you are going to deny your children experiencing cold weather.

And you lot go on and on about teaching your children about your home countries and what life is like there.

Go on, pay the price and see their wee faces light up.

Perceived race snookums. Dude ... you are Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more emotionally invested in this topic than I am as frankly I just accept it. Anyway be sick. That's hilarious.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I once met a Thai girl, who at a very young age had been adopted and taken to Sweden by her foster parents. When she returned to Thailand as a 20's year girl to visit her natural mother and siblings, she explained that when they visited an attraction, due to the fact that she din't know one word of Thai, she always left it to others to make the payment( although it was her money) and was of course charged as a Thai, this she thought was wrong and completely racist. She could work this out, unlike you and other.

She worked out that citizenship or Thai is a race? Would have thought a Swedish education would have taught her better and usually even those with a Thai DL.

4.3 billion Asians in the world and less than 70 Million Thai. Absolutely nothing to do with race as can be confirmed by foreign workers getting the local price.

The fact some people want to scream racist over an issue that is clearly nothing to do with race makes me wonder about them being the real racists. You can call it perceived racism but this would be just as ignorant.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Perceived race snookums. Dude ... you are Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more emotionally invested in this topic than I am as frankly I just accept it. Anyway be sick. That's hilarious.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I could care less about this topic or paying more -- just don't like bigots who call others racists because of their ignorance or those whose posts generally slam all things Thai and Thai people on a daily basis and then whine over something so insignificant and pretend they are not the ones much better off than the average Thai ... all due to their own low self esteem.

Edited by MJP

"Tickets are priced at Bt250 for children, Bt350 for adults and Bt550 for foreigners."

Let’s not fuss about here, this is primarily a business focused on children and their accompanied parents.

From the basic kids price to their Thai parents it’s a 40% mark up.

From the basic kids price to the foreigner it’s a 120% mark up.

In fact this is Triple pricing!

“Daylight robbery” comes to mind.

Edited by Timinuk

Maybe it's based on how much ice each customer melts?

It's clear from this place that farangs can produce a lot of hot air.

SoiBiker I am afraid you cannot do your usually stunt and shy away from figures and facts, your mid-range view and direction may fool some but not all.

Edited by Timinuk