Google Chrome On A DELL Inspiron And Troubleshooting....

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I just cloned my old hard drive that had some issues to a new one and it's working well. The only issue I already had before is that I can't use Google Chrome anymore.

It's my favorite browser and I'd love to continue using it. Whenever I click on Google, sometimes a few windows open. Then the message: Google Chrome has stopped working, A problem caused the program to work correctly. Windows will notify you....bla, bla..

I deleted it quite a few times, tried the standalone version. It just doesn't work. The notebook is virus free, so it seems there's a problem with another program.

I've read something a while ago, that Google is interfering with YouCam.

I've switched my firewall off and got no idea what it could be. Any useful tips, ( excluding the one from yesterday to delete Windows 32 files) would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance. Cheers.-

Is it possible your firewall or anti-virus are blocking Chrome from running? Trying taking a look at the settings for both and you might find Chrome is being blocked by one of these programs and needs to be given permission to run.

Interesting!

I am using a Dell Inspiron and my Chrome has stopped working.

I use Chrome on 3 other computers and have pretty much the same set up and software on each computer.

I have tried removing all add ons, uninstall and reinstall.

Still just doesn'twork on my Inspiron.

• Like 1

Interesting!

I use Chrome on 3 other computers and have pretty much the same set up and software on each computer.

That's indeed interesting. Is it possible that we both run a Windows update that caused it? I'm also running two other PC's with Google as their browser and no problems at all.

Have you tried, if you've got a browser hijacker such as www.v9 on your machine?

Edited by lostinisaan

Interesting!

I am using a lousy Dell inspiron 14 too. Recently Chrome has a problem itself lately. However I decide to remove it entirely via Revo & re-install Chrome 64bits. It seems to be working alright but I am inclined to use Firefox and Maxthon more frequently.

Interesting!

I am using a lousy Dell inspiron 14 too. Recently Chrome has a problem itself lately. However I decide to remove it entirely via Revo & re-install Chrome 64bits. It seems to be working alright but I am inclined to use Firefox and Maxthon more frequently.

Wait a minute, please. You've installed Chrome the 64 bit version. Are you running 32 bit on your machine?

Interesting!

Wait a minute, please. You've installed Chrome the 64 bit version. Are you running 32 bit on your machine?

chrome 64bits on windows 7 64bits.

Interesting!

chrome 64bits on windows 7 64bits.

Thanks. Still trying all sorts of programs. What a pain in the butt.-facepalm.gif

I am running Chrome 64 bit on a 64 bit Inspiron.

Chrome used to work but suddenly stopped. I hadn't installed any new software or add-ons.

Actually I don't use Chrome much for browsing but I use it a lot for splitting PDF files. It is so easy to that on Chrome.

I am running Chrome 64 bit on a 64 bit Inspiron.

Chrome used to work but suddenly stopped. I hadn't installed any new software or add-ons.

Actually I don't use Chrome much for browsing but I use it a lot for splitting PDF files. It is so easy to that on Chrome.

I'll find it out, just a matter of time. School just started. Please update when you found the problem. Thanks.

\

Maybe running portable chrome will help with your troubleshooting.

You choose a directory to install it in, and everything will be beneath that directory, doesn't affect anything under c:\users or anywhere else.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

Dell! bah.gif

Thanks a lot for your tip. Will try it tomorrow. I never had to fight with such a tiny problem. My son's PC was in a little village and full with weird stuff.

I couldn't put an Antivirus program on, nor do any sorts of updates. But I could fix the registry and get that thing clean without reformatting.

The Google joke on my DELL gives me a big headache. It starts two windows, then stops and tells Chrome couldn't open and end of it.

But I'll find it. Thanks again. Cheers