British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

What I really do not understand is if it is so bad and a lot of expats despise it so much (way they talk) why do they stay in Thailand?

Some people are sheep and go about their lives following and never say a thing. These in my opinion deserve any grief they get in their lives. Others stand up for what they believe and help make the world a better place. No place is perfect but many of us have been in Thailand for years and now have roots here. We have seen it go from a place not too bad to being out of control. When we see our home being violated it makes us stand up and speak up. We are not sheep !

Get it ???

Get what? What I do understand you are a guest in that country and you or I will never have a say in that country.

I myself have seen changes over the years but I am only a spectator.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I really do not understand is if it is so bad and a lot of expats despise it so much (way they talk) why do they stay in Thailand?

Some people are sheep and go about their lives following and never say a thing. These in my opinion deserve any grief they get in their lives. Others stand up for what they believe and help make the world a better place. No place is perfect but many of us have been in Thailand for years and now have roots here. We have seen it go from a place not too bad to being out of control. When we see our home being violated it makes us stand up and speak up. We are not sheep !

Get it ???

Great -- so what have you actually done to stand up for what they believe and help make the world a better place except for posting on this website?

• Like 1

Get it ???

Get what? What I do understand you are a guest in that country and you or I will never have a say in that country.

I wait your next comment " go back to your own country if you don't like it here" .

Until it is illegal to have an opinion I will voice mine. This is my home !!!

• Like 1

Can I ask this.......even IF the British found different evidence what can they do with it?

After reading and trying to educate myself with foreign laws I believe there is nothing they can do?

Do you not think that the Burmese men's defense team would be interested in any different evidence ?

If the UK cops do come up with something conclusive or even something that throws grave doubt on the Burmese's guilt then it can always be used in court by the defense.

As an instance, what happened to the used condom, who used it ? Obviously a third party as the Thai cops have said it was not the Burmese.

They have said seamen from the Burmese was found on the outside of the condom (after first forgetting to mention it) that would mean it was used after. So there must have been a third party involved if the Burmese committed rape.

If this comes to trial it will be in a criminal court with reporters from more than Thailand present and every word will be recorded and reported.

This case has had so much international coverage that faced with evidence that the Burmese were not the killers and rapists or even grave doubts they were, a panel of judges could never get away with anything but acquitting them.

If that happens the case is open again and the UK cops evidence would then be in the public arena and could not be ignored.

• Like 1

Get it ???

I wait your next comment " go back to your own country if you don't like it here" .

Until it is illegal to have an opinion I will voice mine. This is my home !!!

Not my place to tell anyone where to live, just voicing my opinions ;)

Maybe after living here for a long time, ignoring and discounting all the negative reports of RTP brutality and corruption, they finally went and proved it was true all along...

Great -- so what have you actually done to stand up for what they believe and help make the world a better place except for posting on this website?

Stupid post. If it were not for 'this website' and many like it (social media), that petition wouldn't have managed the 100,000+ and this terrible case would have been swept under the rug like so many before it. But I'm guessing by your attitude, you are one of the 'sheep'. So why bother posting after posting on this subject if you believe it achieves nothing. You bored? huh.png

There is documented F&CO and UK Police Chief procedure for investigation of Murder of UK Nationals Abroad that has been in place since at least 2012 though other procedures date to 2006 -- I would guess they have been implemented in many of the +/- 200 countries where UK maintains diplomatic relations without any intervention of social media. The MOU states that the intervention of UK officials in the UK and in the country where the murder occurred is prompted by a complaint of the deceased's family. Given some of the salacious aspects of this murder case the UK tabloids would've been all over it anyway.

Edited by JLCrab

Stupid post. If it were not for 'this website' and many like it (social media), that petition wouldn't have managed the 100,000+ and this terrible case would have been swept under the rug like so many before it. But I'm guessing by your attitude, you are one of the 'sheep'. So why bother posting after posting on this subject if you believe it achieves nothing. You bored? huh.png

There is documented F&CO and UK Police Chief procedure for investigation of Murder of UK Nationals Abroad that has been in place since at least 2012 though other procedures date to 2006 -- I would guess they have been implemented in many of the +/- 200 countries where UK maintains diplomatic relations without any intervention of social media. The MOU states that the intervention of UK officials in the UK and in the country where the murder occurred is prompted by a complaint of the deceased's family. Given some of the salacious aspects of this murder case the UK tabloids would've been all over it anyway.

UK tabloids soon tire of any salacious event as soon as another one (always) occurs.

Constant pressure from social media does keep the pressure and particularly with the serious news outlets.

Don't bother asking me what I have done to change Thailand in any way for the better, I am not smug!

• Like 2

Get it ???

Other than an anonymous Internet forum ; where have you stood up and spoken up? Bleating is what sheep do.

Clearly it's not acceptable to the Thai courts, so that says a lot.

There is no evidence against these guys, apart from a cigarette butt, ...

So lets hang then for daring to smoke an LM on the beach at night.....Amazing Thailand Indeed.

got out of control to such an extent, that after gang raping the deceased, (and I don't want to go into detail what they did to the lady) she was still putting up such a fight , that, not only did they kill her, BUT, they left he without a face!!!

Bullshit

So if I were a prosecuting attorney, here is (hypothetically) what I might say:
People have commented that a crime of this brutality could only have been perpetrated in extreme passion such as one who has suffered rejection, humiliation, and losing face by having his advances denied by the deceased UK female.
But here may be another source of extreme passion: 2 young men from another country have been working low-paying menial jobs on the island for 2 years. Every day they see scantily clad Western females and know that Western males are -- for the proper consideration which they certainly lack -- able to have sex with Thai females and maybe even the females from their own country whom they covet. One day they are out on the beach at 4AM and the hear the sounds of love making close by and figure this may be the chance that has been gnawing away at them for years. And the rest happened when things just got out of control.

You asked for a contrary motive -- that is a contrary motive yours to accept or not. Really no less implausible than someone committing such a crime for being told: Sorry -- no blow job tonight for you.

I do hope the Bangkok litter police do not get on to this..............much more profitable than 1000 baht for a dropped cigarette butt.

UK tabloids soon tire of any salacious event as soon as another one (always) occurs.

Constant pressure from social media does keep the pressure and particularly with the serious news outlets.

Don't bother asking me what I have done to change Thailand in any way for the better, I am not smug!

The serious news outlets are just that and report on what is significant regardless of outside pressure. In fact they are most noted for focusing on what is significant when there IS no outside concern. But the main focus on social media here is that it was instrumental in the intervention of the the UK investigators and I do not think, that if there was any such influence, it was the primary influence as one may discern from reading the UK documents themselves.

jdinasia, for the amount of posting you do on here, I would have thought that you could have worked out how to use the quote buttons!!!! Get it sorted, or are you just too lazy?

The reason I and I believe most people are posting on this subject matter is to ensure that the truth comes out and the right people are convicted and justice is served.

Therefore it makes it more difficult for the Thai police to simply brush this matter away. I believe social media has now made that impossible and at least there is a shred of light, particularly with the British Police now arriving.

I accept that there is a lot of rumour mongering, some of it undoubtedly false, but I believe a lot of it to be true ( my personal feelings, experience with RTP and what other Thais (connected) are coming out and saying)

But what I want to know jdinasia is this......

1) Do you genuinely have belief and confidence in the way the Thai Police conduct their business? YES/NO

2)Do you think the Thai Police have been absolutely truthful in the statements they have made so far?

3)Do you believe that there has been absolutely no cover up whatsoever by RTP in this investigation?

I dont want a rambling BS answer, or justification for your answers. Just a YES or NO from 1-3

My answers would be NO, NO and NO

Not using the quote buttons is one part (by many other tricks)

of the strategie to sabotage the discussion

and make it more inconvenient to follow this thread.

Get it ???

Other than an anonymous Internet forum ; where have you stood up and spoken up? Bleating is what sheep do.

I think you are selectively forgetting that TV members also had the opportunity to 'sign' the petition to the UK Gov requesting an investigation of the 'legal' procedures surrounding this case. I signed the petition and thank goodness more than 100,000 like minded people did. The spotlight of the world is on Thailand at the moment, unfortunately for the wrong reasons for some people, but the right reasons for others.
  • Like 1

hy bother posting after posting on this subject if you believe it achieves nothing. You bored? huh.png

The serious news outlets are just that and report on what is significant regardless of outside pressure. In fact they are most noted for focusing on what is significant when there IS no outside concern. But the main focus on social media here is that it was instrumental in the intervention of the the UK investigators and I do not think, that if there was any such influence, it was the primary influence as one may discern from reading the UK documents themselves.

What they may have done is raise the heat so instead of a quiet meeting over a cup of coffee done by two policemen followed by a good night out with their comrades from another country it has turned into a full blown observation/investigation report where they are doing what police do when they have to or want to and that is get a result.

• Like 2

100,000 people signed the change.org petition -- the official UK epetition has currently 9 verified signatures.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/70308

As I have said there is established UK procedure for instigating an investigation which is not dependent upon or influenced by petitions or public request.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Get it ???

I think you are selectively forgetting that TV members also had the opportunity to 'sign' the petition to the UK Gov requesting an investigation of the 'legal' procedures surrounding this case. I signed the petition and thank goodness more than 100,000 like minded people did. The spotlight of the world is on Thailand at the moment, unfortunately for the wrong reasons for some people, but the right reasons for others.

There's nothing to suggest that the petition influenced anything. It wasn't signed by 100k UK residents or cits. Parliament never discussed the situation here.

The families asking for reassurance is all it took.

100,000 people signed the change.org petition -- the official UK epetition has currently 9 verified signatures.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/70308

As I have said there is established UK procedure for instigating an investigation which is not dependent upon or influenced by petitions or public request.

Sadly there seem to be so few people who are willing to have their personal information verified. This petition requires that the person actually be a UK citizens or permanent resident.

and stopped at a place near the clock tower where police claimed they had found Mr Miller's mobile phone. ?????

I'm not familiar with the area but at first it was Hannah's phone that was found at the Burmese boys' home. When that was disproved it became Mr Miller's phone found at the boys' home. Now Mr Miller's phone is said to have been found near a clock tower. So whose phone was found at the Burmese boys' home? Anybody's?

Yes, tick tock What a mess of phones, not clarified at all. Why would suspect smash phone, then place bits in clear plastic bag for pol to find. Where is `clock tower` ? nr murder site? 1st attempted red-herring by RTP for brit cops maybe.

Point about poss gun found at suspects home is it should be easy to trace, who registered to etc

If was a grenade too, who can get one and from where on KT

Have they had access to the suspects yet, taken their own DNA samples?

I would have though that would be number one on their priority list.

No point, becauce the DNA tests the reliable Royal Thai Police took cannot be proven is from the crime scene. Maybe, or probably the DNA tests were taken from the accused (victims) ????

So, you suspect a vast conspiracy between all the people involved in collecting and testing the semen found at the crime scene and further suspect the suspects who have no problem saying they were threatened into confessing forgot to mention that the police also made them give sperm which the police then went back and replaced the sperm from the crime scene with and changed all the initial DNA reports at the numerous labs involved in comparing the DNA and got all these people to remain silent?

Just curious why? Many more scary things have gone unsolved in Thailand and eventually they almost surely would have determined whose Semen it was in the victim. Clearly they are not scared of the headmans as they accused him publicly of the murder early on only to later have to clear them as they did with other suspects including Farang and Burmese.

I suspect a vast conspiracy between RTP and JTJ. In his eyes they can do no wrong. w00t.gif

.... This despite the fact that police early on showed they were not scared or intimidated by the headsman family. Like other early suspects they came out publicly stating the headsman's family were involved but like other earlier suspects, they were ruled out.

I dont know how you come to this conclusion, no DNA tests and intrest dropped and not mentioned again after a change of plod.

At least in part ruled out because the son was not on the island at the time of the murders.

You think that he was not. But you have been 'conned' one again, as he was. Just ask the Scottish guy who was threatened by the headmans brother and son, the guy who had to flee for his life.

.... This despite the fact that police early on showed they were not scared or intimidated by the headsman family. Like other early suspects they came out publicly stating the headsman's family were involved but like other earlier suspects, they were ruled out.

I dont know how you come to this conclusion, no DNA tests and intrest dropped and not mentioned again after a change of plod.

At least in part ruled out because the son was not on the island at the time of the murders.

You think that he was not. But you have been 'conned' one again, as he was. Just ask the Scottish guy who was threatened by the headmans brother and son, the guy who had to flee for his life.

actually he has stated that he doesnt know

Another unsubstantiated rumour mongering post has been removed.

Well that unsubstantiated rumor was actually reported by the RTP themselves

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-police-fail-another-day-30243890.html

"Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach."

So again, who own a Speedboat called Little DUck?

While I personally think it is unreasonable to believe we the public need to know all the details of who police have determined not involved. I did find one thing interesting in your link that I forgot about.

"We have now confirmed that the killing weapon is not only a hoe found stained with blood, but also a wooden club. This made us believe that there are at least two attackers," he said.

So! John, what was gleaned from these weapons in the form of DNA or fingerprints ? I think that they might have been from son and brother, so not "detected"

astonishing reading through these posts who knows who really did it ? i know 1 thing its doubtable beyond belief that those lads did it , what gets me is certaon ppl sit here 24 - 7 typing about it that is truly astonishing . have some respect ppl

• Like 1

A post with comments (in red) added to another members quotes - has been removed.

Forum rule 16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Forum Netiquette 2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

We have different kind of expats living here. There are those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol and live in areas like Pataya, Phuket etc. where they can find that.

Then there are those who got a Thai wife and live somewhere in the rural areas. They are more or less integrated in the village life through their wives, may have nice houses and lands and enjoy that kind of life. In those areas police is different form the "tourist areas"

The first categorie seem not to care much, the second categorie ( I belong to it) know about the problems know what to avoid and are somewhat protected by their wives and wives' family connections.

There may be more categories of expats but those are the ones that I know about.

Anyway the dangerous areas are the tourist areas.

Forgot to mention I and my friends do not despise Thailand. What we despise is the judicial and the police system and we try to avoid it. Normal people are likeable. You just have to know some cultural differences and to adjust to that..

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

We have different kind of expats living here. There are those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol and live in areas like Pataya, Phuket etc. where they can find that.

Then there are those who got a Thai wife and live somewhere in the rural areas. They are more or less integrated in the village life through their wives, may have nice houses and lands and enjoy that kind of life. In those areas police is different form the "tourist areas"

The first categorie seem not to care much, the second categorie ( I belong to it) know about the problems know what to avoid and are somewhat protected by their wives and wives' family connections.

There may be more categories of expats but those are the ones that I know about.

Anyway the dangerous areas are the tourist areas.

Forgot to mention I and my friends do not despise Thailand. What we despise is the judicial and the police system and we try to avoid it. Normal people are likeable. You just have to know some cultural differences and to adjust to that..

This is way off topic but had to respond anyway.

So I live in Phuket, does that make me one of those who like cheap women, drugs and alcohol?

When I drive my daughter to international school tomorrow and then return to our sea view villa I must mention this to my Thai wife, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear the reason I am living here in Phuket.

The relentless posting in defence of the police by JTJ, jdinasia and Baerboxer is extraordinary to say the least. So much that they cannot simply be dismissed as trolls. Why on earth would these people spend so much time defending the RTP case, when practically everyone else who has objectively considered this believes the case is corrupt. Not one person (farang or Thai) I have spoken to believes the Burmese boys carried out the crime. I can only assume these guys have a vested interest in the outcome.

Then you assume wrong, as in your assumption that what most posters post must become fact.

I want to see justice, real justice. I want the despicable low live scum that did this identified, arrested, prosecuted and when found guilty to receive the harshest punishment under law.

I doubt that will happen, given all the mishandling and contradictions that have occurred.

However, a trial by social media, with conspiracy theorists entering more 'facts", deciding who must have done it, decide on the way it was done, whose being covering up etc etc is not only stupid and silly is downright dangerous.

How do you think the Salem witch trials started and resulted in many innocent deaths? Some on here are trolling for sure, usually winding up those who are supporters of the "we know who did it, CSI LA told us brigade".

None of this rhetoric will influence the British Police. They are too professional. I eagerly await their report, which may divulge facts that are currently unknown, such as comments from the victims' friends about what happened that night.

I really hope real justice is served in this case.

I completely agree that trial by media is very dangerous. However people posting their FACTS on here create discussion and often these FACTS are shown to be not so. They do keep people looking at the case and the professionals will be able to filter these in order for real facts to be proven. Many FACTS have been ignored or overlooked from the beginning of this investigation. These need to be looked at again to find the killers.

It's quite strange that a major suspect can be cleared and therefore not undergo DNA testing with what appears to be a flimsy alibi. I believe they should take a closer look even if it is just to clear him finally and clearly.

Rumors are not "FACTS". (even in all CAPS )

You state it "appears to be a flimsy alibi " but that is based on what? Speculation and rumors bandied about, while the truth is that nobody but those who investigated know what information cleared him.

You're absolutely right, "nobody but those who investigated know what information cleared him". It's equally fair to say 'nobody knows whether 100m baht or 120m baht was paid under the table to clear him"! Bearing in mind the RTP recently introduced a scheme to reward RTP officers who refused bribes, it suggests to me the need for further investigation/verification of Nomsod's whereabouts and activities during the 3 days before, at the time of and 3 days after the murders. I'm aware the bribe/reward scheme was subsequently withdrawn, but it goes to show the RTP's awareness, extent and knowledge of corruption within their ranks.

Rumor mongering

Wow, I've been moving house for the last week and just got back to this. Can't believe (yes I can) JD is still going strong! Let's hope he is getting his 300 baht a day and not being subjected to the Burmese rate of sfa. What a c*ck