War on IS: Claims famous Peshmerga fighter Rehana may have been decapitated

webfact

Claims famous Kurdish Peshmerga fighter Rehana may have been decapitated

SYDNEY: -- THE scourge of ISIS — a female Kurdish warrior who was credited with killing 100 jihadists — may have herself died in the desperate battle to prevent the city of Kobani falling into extremist hands. But her sisters-in-arms fight on.

The young woman, known only by the pseudonym ‘Rehana’, became world famous after a picture of her flashing a “V” for victory sign went viral on social media.

Rehana has killed more than a hundred #ISIS terrorists in #Kobane . RT and make her famous for her bravery pic.twitter.com/YvmfXMpuu1
— Pawan Durani (@PawanDurani) October 13, 2014

She was part of an unusual movement in the Islamic world: A 10,000 strong, fully female and officially sanctioned militia unit dedicated to defending Kurdish territory.

Most female Peshmerga fighters are trained as snipers.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/claims-famous-kurdish-peshmerga-fighter-rehana-may-have-been-decapitated/story-fndir2ev-1227103268843

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-10-27

This woman should be an inspiration to many women, and men! While the end may have come in a grizzly similar fashion to other local women, she had the courage and drive to confront the growing evil on her own terms. She knew as did her peers that her risk was in many ways greater than her buddies, and still she entered the fray. I hope in her passing she can be a lightening rod to her people. ...such a pretty, brave light taken from the world again...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mister Fixit, on 27 Oct 2014 - 16:10, said:
Ulysses G., on 27 Oct 2014 - 10:48, said:

She sounds like a real hero.

Heroine. Not the drug.

And she was one ...

Hero is correct, it is gender-neutral.

How can you fix Mister Fixit's mistake.

Then what's his purpose now in life.

Mister Fixit, on 27 Oct 2014 - 16:10, said:
Ulysses G., on 27 Oct 2014 - 10:48, said:

Heroine. Not the drug.

And she was one ...

Give me a break with you politically correct BS about gender neutral. The Oxford Dictionary still lists the correct definition of the noun, Heroine. Hero relates to the male, heroine the female. The definition is:
Heroine: A woman admired for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities: No doubt this is want this woman is or was if the storey is true. RIP.
If you know the English language then don't post incorrect definitions. No wonder people who cannot speak English find it hard to learn when someone who writes in English provides incorrect information.
Hero: The definition is:
A man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
No, I am not being pedantic, I just like to see things stated as they are, not as you or the politically correct brigade want.
Edited by Si Thea01

Si Thea01, on 28 Oct 2014 - 10:53, said:
MediaWatcher, on 27 Oct 2014 - 18:45, said:
Mister Fixit, on 27 Oct 2014 - 16:10, said:Mister Fixit, on 27 Oct 2014 - 16:10, said:
Ulysses G., on 27 Oct 2014 - 10:48, said:Ulysses G., on 27 Oct 2014 - 10:48, said:

Heroine. Not the drug.

And she was one ...

Give me a break with you politically correct BS about gender neutral. The Oxford Dictionary still lists the correct definition of the noun, Heroine. Hero relates to the male, heroine the female. The definition is:
Heroine: A woman admired for her courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities: No doubt this is want this woman is or was if the storey is true. RIP.
If you know the English language then don't post incorrect definitions. No wonder people who cannot speak English find it hard to learn when someone who writes in English provides incorrect information.
Hero: The definition is:
A man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
No, I am not being pedantic, I just like to see things stated as they are, not as you or the politically correct brigade want.

Bad bad boy, editing the definition to prove your point...let's see what it ACTUALLY said.

A person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities:

I emphasise the word "typically"

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hero we get... A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

and

any person who has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hero... a person who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities

: a person who is greatly admired

eg...She was a hero for standing up to the government.

I could go on and on and on.. but I believe I have proven my point.

Interesting how a poor girl may have been savagely beheaded fighting for her freedom and yet all some focus on is their bruised egos relating to use of the term hero. Who the f cares about the proper use of the term hero and why does any find it worth a debate.

Edited by F430murci