Married In Thailand - Moving Personal Items From Overseas ...best Way?

i hold a one year extension non-immigrant "O" visa based on my marriage with my wife in thailand. now i want to move over some personal items from overseas. is it possible with this visa to bring them in without import taxes or is that only possible with a work permit or residency permit? its really just personal items like photo albums, cd's, clothes, books, etc.

anyone know? i called customs earlier this afternoon and not even they seem to know. :o

Officially not possible, but the rules are clear as mud and generally talk about, although there is a point 2.1: ...granted an annual temporary stay in Thailand.

Important, the shipment must arrive not later than 6 months after your arrival. How do you ship it? Customs at post office might be more lenient than Bangkok port or airport. (No guarantee though).

Take a customs broker, which costs some handling fee and might involve a 'contribution' to receive it duty- and tax-free or, if not too much a low duty-amount.

The rules, as said clear as mud, are here:

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/House...old#requirement

It will be shipped from the US (my previous place of residence) through a transport company, so it will arrive by ship in Bangkok. I'll give them a call on Monday again. Anyone know a good customs broker they've dealt with before?