Koh Tao murders: Thai police bureau ignores NHRC summons

webfact

Let me see if I got this right??

The police ignores the NHRC summons, because the case is finished and sent to the prosecutors.

The police ask the court to detain the suspects for another 12 days, because they need more time to investigate!

Makes sense, NOT!!

It does makes sense if you quote things correctly.

In the OP the police did not say "...because the case is finished and sent to the prosecutors.", they said that it was in the hands of the prosecutors who have asked the police for more information.

I think you'll find that in a number of media interviews given by various police spokesmen (as displayed on TV), when all else fails in answering a direct question they resort to "the case is closed and we have handed the brief to the Public Prosecutor (PP). Notwithstanding the apparent fact the PP sent the brief back to the RTP at one time for more information, The RTP still insist in their many interviews (TV sourced accounts) that their investigation is now closed. My Thai family and friends all agree that the RTP case is not looking good.

Edited by loongdavid

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"it will never happen" is a hackneyed phrase that seems to be rolled out she the poster has no real opinion but wants to seem to be well-informed.

in reality Thailand has changed dramatically over the past decade - there are of course always those who think the past was a better place and try to maintain a hold on the ever-slippery status quo.

but the fat that this incident has erupted into both Thai and intentional media is itself "a change".

a grovelling apology? - I'd say that is extremely unlikely but certainly the Thai authorities will be looking for a way out that both appeases critics and saves the police etc from losing face - an exercise in Kraeng Jai is, i'd wager, already being put into action.

on the other if the police just blunder ahead, ignore their critics and repeatedly try to put an incomplete case to the prosecutors, it will end in massive loss of face not just for the RTP but also for the Kingdom.

To use your own words: " the poster has no real opinion, but wants to seem to be well-informed"

As for "krengjai" learn the true meaning of the word, before using it!!coffee1.gif

Sorry but I know the meaning - the problem seems to be your inability to comprehend - if you have any criticism of my post PLEASE - why not actually formulate an argument? So far you haven't made a coherent point.

Oh! god, and here's me thinking he had left the building. I warned you all not to engage this individual in dialogue, all you'll get is insults. Cut him adrift.

Edited by loongdavid
  • Like 1

Bad choice by the corrupt to the core RTP... Too busy with dividing the 120m hush money amongst themselves, huh?

With heat building up under their dirty feet, these f#$&ers soon will start dancing on a hot plate...

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

NHRC is controlled by NCPO and most likely RTP. They have no real power whatsoever and therefor can't be taken seriously in this investigation. As for the copshop from back home that has turned up; does anyone on this forum actually believe that they are going to discredit the official outcome of this investigation? Wake up please. After Cameron met with the good General in Milano suddenly UK cops were allowed to come over to TH. This invitation was only granted with the guarantee that they would comply to the RTP's version of the story. By bringing in the UK cops, who of course are going to comply with the initial RTP version, they will silence all the people with doubts. If the UK cops say its so, it must be so. Somehow Brits here live in the illusion that our cops back home are any better than cops elsewhere. Lol. Those clowns back home have to answer to David Cameron f-f-s . Imagine for a few minutes while I make a coffee coffee1.gif

and you know all this dont you!!!! na you DON'T supposition your, behalf unless you part of the party that came from UK

"it will never happen" is a hackneyed phrase that seems to be rolled out she the poster has no real opinion but wants to seem to be well-informed.

in reality Thailand has changed dramatically over the past decade - there are of course always those who think the past was a better place and try to maintain a hold on the ever-slippery status quo.

but the fat that this incident has erupted into both Thai and intentional media is itself "a change".

a grovelling apology? - I'd say that is extremely unlikely but certainly the Thai authorities will be looking for a way out that both appeases critics and saves the police etc from losing face - an exercise in Kraeng Jai is, i'd wager, already being put into action.

on the other if the police just blunder ahead, ignore their critics and repeatedly try to put an incomplete case to the prosecutors, it will end in massive loss of face not just for the RTP but also for the Kingdom.

To use your own words: " the poster has no real opinion, but wants to seem to be well-informed"

As for "krengjai" learn the true meaning of the word, before using it!!coffee1.gif

Sorry but I know the meaning - the problem seems to be your inability to comprehend - if you have any criticism of my post PLEASE - why not actually formulate an argument? So far you haven't made a coherent point.

Kreng Jai, means "not wanting to offend"or not want the other person to lose face. You are saying that they will now be undertaking a strategy so the other parties don't lose face. Who? The Burmese? The English? The UK police? The Thai institutions? Please explain how you actually mean this expression to be used, then we, (others more knowledgeable) will be able to direct you to the correct word or phrase. rolleyes.gif

BUT this is Thailand,and a law unto themselves

"The judge said the suspects could be detained for up to 84 days."

And when those 84 days pass, another 84 day extension.....they're banking

on the public's short attention span.....BUT, let's NOT forget, lest it happens again!

Keep the pressure on!!

"And when those 84 days pass, another 84 day extension..."

No, after 84 days they have to be indicted or released.

the Brit police dont have to be extra ordinary, they can be just as good or less good as the RTP who captured the real killers, had them in custody, identified him as the head mans son, and then stated a manhunt was on for the third, who had fled to BKK

so no, we just want the UK det's to go back to that point and see the evidence to prove the head mans son did it, and,

that no mafia could stand up to the RTP..

no mafia, no how

Oh! god, and here's me thinking he had left the building. I warned you all not to engage this individual in dialogue, all you'll get is insults. Cut him adrift.

I enjoy counter-trolling the trolls.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

NHRC is controlled by NCPO and most likely RTP. They have no real power whatsoever and therefor can't be taken seriously in this investigation. As for the copshop from back home that has turned up; does anyone on this forum actually believe that they are going to discredit the official outcome of this investigation? Wake up please. After Cameron met with the good General in Milano suddenly UK cops were allowed to come over to TH. This invitation was only granted with the guarantee that they would comply to the RTP's version of the story. By bringing in the UK cops, who of course are going to comply with the initial RTP version, they will silence all the people with doubts. If the UK cops say its so, it must be so. Somehow Brits here live in the illusion that our cops back home are any better than cops elsewhere. Lol. Those clowns back home have to answer to David Cameron f-f-s . Imagine for a few minutes while I make a coffee coffee1.gif

The UK is not perfect by a long shot, but having lived in many countries around the World, overall our police and justice system would stand up well against any comparison in the world, especially Thailand.

With regards them coming over here to investigate or observe, whilst i find it ludicrous to think they have any agenda in agreeing with the RTP for political or any other reason if they do not believe it true, it would be a cold day in hell before the RTP would accept their invitation and 'allow' them to find anything seriously wrong in the investigation. They will be chaperoned around and will see what it is deemed acceptable for them to see.

Thats the Thai way forward lads plenty beaches would not recommend Koh Tao as there is a murderer on the loose and it might be a bit dangerous to bury your head in the sand then this murder investigation might all go away.

The UK is not perfect by a long shot, but having lived in many countries around the World, overall our police and justice system would stand up well against any comparison in the world, especially Thailand.

With regards them coming over here to investigate or observe, whilst i find it ludicrous to think they have any agenda in agreeing with the RTP for political or any other reason if they do not believe it true, it would be a cold day in hell before the RTP would accept their invitation and 'allow' them to find anything seriously wrong in the investigation. They will be chaperoned around and will see what it is deemed acceptable for them to see.

One of the English police is from Norfolk, the home county of Hannah, which suggests her parents have requested an investigation and his/her role is to find as much as can be discovered of the true events of that fateful night.

• Like 1

One of the English police is from Norfolk, the home county of Hannah, which suggests her parents have requested an investigation and his/her role is to find as much as can be discovered of the true events of that fateful night.

That may be so, but what realistically can he/her do? No locals are going to speak truthfully to him if the local police do not want them to, he will have an RTP appointed translator, all physical evidence is long gone etc etc.

That may be so, but what realistically can he/her do? No locals are going to speak truthfully to him if the local police do not want them to, he will have an RTP appointed translator, all physical evidence is long gone etc etc.

What said officer can do is to report to the parents as much as can be discovered, to help them in their grief. They want to know as much as possible and their concern is not for Thailand.

I would imagine that the real investigations have been conducted under cover on the island already, and these findings will formulate any press release form the British.

Also, dont forget it is not just the British here, but also the Burmese, who are unlikely to extend the same niceties to the Thais, if their investigations show this case is corrupt.

Kreng Jai, means "not wanting to offend"or not want the other person to lose face. You are saying that they will now be undertaking a strategy so the other parties don't lose face. Who? The Burmese? The English? The UK police? The Thai institutions? Please explain how you actually mean this expression to be used, then we, (others more knowledgeable) will be able to direct you to the correct word or phrase. rolleyes.gif

I agree with Andrew Biggs, who said that Kreng Jai means, "cowardice".

"An informed source, meanwhile, said British police had already started gathering information on the case. The British team stepped in after word spread that the 'real' culprit in the case might evade the long arm of the law."

Gathering information? Sounds like an investigation to me.

Is this questionable reporting as it's been made abundantly clear that the team were only to observe and nothing else would be permitted ?

blink.png

"Thai police will happily provide them with any information they request." wai2.gif wai.gif

"Thai police will conduct any additional investigations per request from the British officers

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413790292

Edited by iReason

“…the NPO told the NHRC that investigation into the case was already in the hands of the public prosecutors…”

blink.png

What about this?

“…as more time was needed to complete the investigation.”

“Public prosecutors have instructed investigators to gather more information for the third time…”

Just running around in circles.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The screws are tightening...

• Like 1

Man this is so obviously an admission of guilt and the x-rays were always going to come back with nothing. They are not exactly stupid enough to leave broken bones or cigarette burns are they, there are may methods of torture that leave no traces but are brutal, and one is mental torture, another is suffocation and I will bet my house the police know every technique in the book.

They are however, very stupid to hide behind this lame excuse of the investigation being in the hands of the prosecutors which now must make them completely shielded from torture accusations. They are completely different things. But i a way I am glad they took the stupidity route on this issue, because they just succeeded in making themselves look not only imbeciles, but as guilty as sin also.

I hope the USA are watching.

Apparently, one method of torture used by RTP in the past has been to put a thick book, such as a telephone directory, on the desired confessor's chest while they lie on the floor. The desired confessor's chest is then hit using something like a baseball bat. No marks, but apparently painful and thus effective.

Another alleged method is to put a plastic bag over the desired confessor's head to make them think they are about to be suffocated.

I think almost everybody would confess to having committed almost anything under those circumstances.

wai2.gifwai.gif

post-206952-0-55093600-1414479206_thumb.

• Like 1

and you know all this dont you!!!! na you DON'T supposition your, behalf unless you part of the party that came from UK

......................Can you just run that reply past me again?

It is blatantly obvious what is going on, nobody has ever stood up or questioned the bullying before. The filth had an open field to extort, bully, and engineer criminal charges on the innocent with no consequence. All of a sudden a few questions get asked and guys are being removed from posts, human rights meetings get shunted, interpreters conveniently just disappear after it is found out he can't even speak the language he was meant to be interpreting, the list goes on. When you stand up to a bully they usually shit it as they are not used to someone having the balls to do so, this is the same case.

I know Thailand is third world and is a bed of corruption, but lets be honest for one minute here. That Mon guy was all over a crime scene, a murder scene, with a few of his buddies a few hours after it happened. That isn't third world or the act of a thick village police force, it is a blatant act of making sure the real story doesn't come out and to clean up any mistakes that were left behind.

"That Mon guy was all over a crime scene, a murder scene, with a few of his buddies a few hours after it happened. That isn't third world or the act of a thick village police force, it is a blatant act of making sure the real story doesn't come out and to clean up any mistakes that were left behind."

you hit the nail on the head there

• Like 1

LOL at the NHRC. If you had just extorted huge sums of money from dreadlocked backpackers carrying around a roach end in their pocket, had a huge binge on meth and your eyeballs were darting around like a starving ferret dropped into the cast of watership down, would you turn up to some meeting about rights of Burmese? Burmese are good for extortion only, what planet are the NHRC on?

NHRC = National Human Rights Commission. They are from the planet "Thai".

I understand all you oldskool chaps who still love the flag and Britannia rules the waves and all that but you don't really have a clue what is going on in the world besides from what you see on the BBC or Sky News but if you would just take a few hours to look at the bigger picture, do a bit of research outside of the mainstream and use your common sense it will all become much clearer. Police back home answer to their boss, who in turn answers to his boss...all the way up, so don't give me your British superiority b-s about honesty, integrity and whatever more. England has one of the worst records in the world for secret agendas and black ops. They didn't get that for being so honest and trustworthy mates!

Regards,

Paddy

I very much doubt if the families of the murdered or any of their friends will ever consider a holiday in Thailand.

I am from Norfolk and I bet a majority of people in this area too will boycott Thailand.

The English attitude to justice is for the most part, not one of seeking revenge, but wanting the truth and not some convenient cover up.

It is too late to do anything for Hannah or David, remember they are dead. All that counts now is the truth is out and suitable punishment for the guilty.

The death of the guilty will not bring the murdered to life, but should ensure that some very evil people are kept out of civilised society!

• Like 1

ok given an option which force would you have if you were in dire need of help

I understand all you oldskool chaps who still love the flag and Britannia rules the waves and all that but you don't really have a clue what is going on in the world besides from what you see on the BBC or Sky News but if you would just take a few hours to look at the bigger picture, do a bit of research outside of the mainstream and use your common sense it will all become much clearer. Police back home answer to their boss, who in turn answers to his boss...all the way up, so don't give me your British superiority b-s about honesty, integrity and whatever more. England has one of the worst records in the world for secret agendas and black ops. They didn't get that for being so honest and trustworthy mates!

Regards,

Paddy

Clearly if the interrogation of the alleged suspects had gone on without violence, then the cops would be falling over themselves to go to the NHRC and willingly testify. That they choose to ignore it speaks volumes.

Are we about to see some new scapegoats, ones in uniforms?

Or maybe a new suspect(s)?

Not showing up tilts the claim of torture further to the side of must have happened. In fact probably to the side of 100% happened. Which officers were involved in the torture would be nice to know.

Thai social media is buzzing with claims of Mon and his police buddy trying to hunt down everybody leaking information onto the net. That suggests they might know the people who know the truth. If I was a betting man I'd bet that policeman who chased Sean was part of the torture. This guy seems to have a lot to lose. His off duty behaviour suggests he is a becoming a very, very desperate man.

Edited by Johnsen
  • Like 1