bank statenents

Good morning,I am having a problem obtaining statements from my U.K. bank,they will only issue to me in person,and I can't download because my bank says I have to be in U.K. to do this?

I don't have any one who could do this for me.

Is it possible to submit a noterised letter from my pension provider?

Thanking you in advance.

"...I can't download because my bank says I have to be in U.K. to do this?"

Do you mean that you cannot login to your online banking from here? If that's the problem, you just need to use a program that modifies your computer browser to connect through a UK-based server. Try googling for "UK VPN free". Bonus: you'll also be able to view the BBC's iPlayer service.

"...I can't download because my bank says I have to be in U.K. to do this?"

Do you mean that you cannot login to your online banking from here? If that's the problem, you just need to use a program that modifies your computer browser to connect through a UK-based server. Try googling for "UK VPN free". Bonus: you'll also be able to view the BBC's iPlayer service.

Hola also free for i player,no I can log in ok just can't download pdf statements,thanks

Hola also free for i player,no I can log in ok just can't download pdf statements,thanks

Can't download PDF statements sounds like a H/W problem. If you can view it, you should be able to download it. Worst case, use a screen capture program.

• Like 1

A letter/income statement from your pension provider should do. No need to get it notarized as far as I know.

Can definitely confirm on the basis of personal experience that there is no requirement on either the Embassy's or Immigration's part for the pension provider statement to be notarised. IMHO this is far better than a UK bank statement as a means of proving your income for the Embassy letter, since it will include gross figures which are what count for Immigration purposes. Bank statements, on the other hand, will only include net figures after the jolly old taxman at HMRC has taken his share.

• Like 1

I think ubonjoe hit the nail.

There is not much use for a UK bank statement at the Thai Immigration.

(assuming that this is your intention)

Not much use to Thai Immigration, I agree, but might be one means of proving monthly income equal to at least 65,000 THB to the Embassy for their confirmation letter (in which the amounts are stated in GBP with conversions into THB being calculated by Immigration when the annual extension of stay is sought). In this connection I assume that he, like I, has his pension paid into a UK account so as to avoid the rip-off charges of having this paid directly into a Thai account.

As already stated, though, a pension provider statement would be a better method of proving monthly income to the Embassy if he does not want whatever amount the jolly old taxman at HMRC chooses to relieve him of included in the reckoning!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

I think ubonjoe hit the nail.

There is not much use for a UK bank statement at the Thai Immigration.

(assuming that this is your intention)

Wrong

Interesting contribution. Now we know.

Immigration can ask anything, I know of someone who has 3 UK pensions which are paid into his UK bank account. As far as I know he does not have a Thai bank account.

On providing the Embassy income letter the Officers dealing with his extension wanted some proof of spending THB.

He was tempted to point at his wife adorned in some serious Thai gold. Instead he showed some UK bank statements and ATM slips.

Immigration can ask anything, I know of someone who has 3 UK pensions which are paid into his UK bank account. As far as I know he does not have a Thai bank account.

On providing the Embassy income letter the Officers dealing with his extension wanted some proof of spending THB.

He was tempted to point at his wife adorned in some serious Thai gold. Instead he showed some UK bank statements and ATM slips.

Hmm, if he shows Immigration (and the Embassy) UK bank statements instead of pension provider statements he is, of course, short-changing himself by the amounts which the jolly old taxman takes from his pension!

And if he has no Thai bank account and is instead relying on sticking his UK credit or debit card into an ATM here to obtain cash he is really being ripped off charge-wise by his UK bank. Not to mention the obvious risks involved in obtaining cash in this way - when I stuck my UK credit card into an ATM to obtain some cash soon after I had moved out here 6 years ago, the ATM refused to cough up any cash but my UK bank still billed me for the (fruitless) withdrawal!

Edited by OJAS