Humor alert -- rice queens from the Asian perspective

Jingthing

strangely enough, the article makes it look like a bad thing to be rice queen ?

It arguably can be a bad thing.

Here is an example as to why.

I knew this super fat lady who could find plenty of gentlemen admirers, but they were all basically fetishists for her fat. From an emotional point of view, that wasn't exactly ideal.

strangely enough, the article makes it look like a bad thing to be rice queen ?

It arguably can be a bad thing.

Here is an example as to why.

I knew this super fat lady who could find plenty of gentlemen admirers, but they were all basically fetishists for her fat. From an emotional point of view, that wasn't exactly ideal.

I can't really follow your argument... you mean your super fat lady was not accepting her obesity and therefore was on the lookout for admirers that prefer slim Thai girls?

It rather seems to me that your fat lady had self-esteem problems.

But then, emotional matters have never been a strength of mine.

She wanted to find someone who would love her for who she was, that wasn't fetishizing a physical characteristic that could be on any fat lady.

All she was meeting were freaks, some even wanted to "feed" her to make her even more fat (which really would have been something).

The last I heard she had met a good guy, got married, and moved to a small Scottish island.

But I lost contact after that.coffee1.gif

Back to rice queen question, in real life it's a matter of degree.

There are the exclusive rice queens of course but not all are like that.

If you are living in Thailand of course, it would be convenient to be a rice queen.

Personally, rice is nice but so are beans and other starches as well!

(Even, non-denominational deity figure forbid ... POTATOES!)

Edited by Jingthing

She wanted to find someone who would love her for who she was, that wasn't fetishizing a physical characteristic that could be on any fat lady.

All she was meeting were freaks, some even wanted to "feed" her to make her even more fat (which really would have been something).

The freaks are scary of course, but I had to chuckle when I read that she wanted to meet someone who would love her for who she was.

If she *is* fat, she needs someone who doesn't mind fat women! Shows how deluded some people can be.

It's a bit like when a gay guy wants a straight lover?

Thinking about it, I think this is a Western self-denial thing, never met a Thai girl that was so self-deluded.

Ok... I understand that attracting freaks is scary, but what's bad about otherwise normal guys which just have a preference? Why is a preference for Asians worse than a preference for slim women or women with big breasts?

I don't get it.

Better ask the article writer. He has a lot of negative feelings about rice queens. I'm not going to put myself in his shoes. Just shared the article for a different perspective.

Back to the fat lady, of course she understood she would need to find someone who didn't mind her fat, but she didn't emotionally enjoy the men who were ONLY into that part of her. Duh.

Better ask the article writer. He has a lot of negative feelings about rice queens. I'm not going to put myself in his shoes. Just shared the article for a different perspective.

Back to the fat lady, of course she understood she would need to find someone who didn't mind her fat, but she didn't emotionally enjoy the men who were ONLY into that part of her. Duh.

We are getting closer... now, is being Asian the same as being fat (negative) or the same as having big jugs (positive - for a woman) ?

If being Asian is not negative, why throw the baby away with the bathwater, i.e. why bash people who enjoy being with Asians (but are otherwise normal and balanced) together with fetishists (crazies?).

I think the author of the article has a negative view of Asians, for whatever reason.

Edited by manarak

And what do you call asian men who exclusively dates white men ?

Potato Queen.

But any non-white gay person heavily into white guys would be a Potato Queen, not only Asians!

I don't think there is a term for potatoes into potatoes equivalent to Sticky Rice.

Or is there? Mashed Potato?coffee1.gif

Which brings me to:

I found the definition in the article for rice queen interesting as well.

Of course, it's obvious the object a rice queen's attention are Asians.

But his definition defines the pursuers of the Asians, the rice queens, specifically as white.

Honestly, I hadn't really thought about that before!

I would call a black gay men into Asians a rice queen as well.

But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Edited by Jingthing

We are getting closer... now, is being Asian the same as being fat (negative) or the same as having big jugs (positive - for a woman) ?

If being Asian is not negative, why throw the baby away with the bathwater, i.e. why bash people who enjoy being with Asians (but are otherwise normal and balanced) together with fetishists (crazies?).

I think the author of the article has a negative view of Asians, for whatever reason.

So you're saying the author is a self hating Asian. I really don't think so.

Frankly, I'm not enjoying responding to your tone (feels kind of overly defensive, hostile, and also insulting towards fat people) of discussion on this topic and don't wish to respond further to you on this.

Edited by Jingthing

So you're saying the author is a self hating Asian. I really don't think so.

Frankly, I'm not enjoying responding to your tone of discussion on this topic and don't wish to respond further to you on this.

Didn't want to ruffle feathers!

I have myself a strong preference for Asian women, so I guess I can relate a bit to gays who have a preference for Asians.

P.S.

I didn't want to be offensive to fat people, I just wanted to say that people should accept themselves as they are. As English is not my mothertongue, I might not always find the right tone, apologies!

Edited by manarak

Before moving to Thaland I never gave Asian men a second look, they just did not do it for me.

But now, it's the opposite, I do like them, and Western Men, don't to nowt ???

Strange eh..

Of course it helps,, that we get the Roving eye cast on us...., Thankfully I am shy and timid.....

I used to be into whites, when I was living in a predominantly white area. I moved to an area that was predominantly black, and then I was into blacks, I then moved into an area that was predominantly Hispanic and I was into Latinos. When I moved to Asia, I was into Asia. In the Middle East I was into ME men.

I am pretty adaptable .... either than or I am just an old Wh***e.

• Like 2

It does makes a difference where you're at and who might be into you.

Like the beautiful young Russian men in Pattaya, I could most def be into them, but to them I'm invisible.sad.png

They're a bit "exotic" here. When I was growing up a Chinese guy or even a Mexican guy was exotic.

Edited by Jingthing

I used to be into whites, when I was living in a predominantly white area. I moved to an area that was predominantly black, and then I was into blacks, I then moved into an area that was predominantly Hispanic and I was into Latinos. When I moved to Asia, I was into Asia. In the Middle East I was into ME men.

I am pretty adaptable .... either than or I am just an old Wh***e.

whistling.gif

• Like 2