Thailand to 'allow' second DNA test for British murder accused

webfact

How sad, just found Dave Millers facebook page, his friends and family are still updating, his brother posted just a couple of days ago and its clear with all the links and posts for the change.org petition that the whole family backed it 100%

To all of those troll posters here who kept belittling the petition and how in your views it made no difference. I hope you now feel ashamed.

https://www.facebook.com/dangerdaveuk

The change.org petition stated:
This being said, we demand a full independent investigation to be conducted by the government of the United Kingdom into these deaths.
The above demand most likely had little or no influence on the UK Government's decision to send an investigating team to Thailand as it that decision was made according to documented procedure and was probably well in the works before the petition was even started.
BTW the official UK Government Petition started by the same Mr. Harkins who started the Change.org petition now stands at 10 signatures up from 9 yesterday.

Who cares of your constant denials? They are here either way!

• Like 1

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How sad, just found Dave Millers facebook page, his friends and family are still updating, his brother posted just a couple of days ago and its clear with all the links and posts for the change.org petition that the whole family backed it 100%

To all of those troll posters here who kept belittling the petition and how in your views it made no difference. I hope you now feel ashamed.

This being said, we demand a full independent investigation to be conducted by the government of the United Kingdom into these deaths.
The above demand most likely had little or no influence on the UK Government's decision to send an investigating team to Thailand as it that decision was made according to documented procedure and was probably well in the works before the petition was even started.

Oh your at it again, just can't stop with your points of law. The whole point of my statement was that it did not matter if it made a difference, the POINT was that the family backed it and if you have any sympathy in you and wanted to show any form of support for the family who had their loved ones brutally murdered then you would stop repeating the same thing you have done in at least half a dozen posts. Now your back on the ignore list

Oh your at it again, just can't stop with your points of law. The whole point of my statement was that it did not matter if it made a difference, the POINT was that the family backed it and if you have any sympathy in you and wanted to show any form of support for the family who had their loved ones brutally murdered then you would stop repeating the same thing you have done in at least half a dozen posts. Now your back on the ignore list

Thank you -- just wanted to let you folks know how ashamed I am.

• Like 1

Here is an interesting question for you and extremely pertinent!

Why was Nom Sod EVER suspected to be prime suspect?

He was in Bangkok!!!!!!!!!, so why would the police ever connect him in the first place.

Most murders are committed by people that you know. However, Nom Sod has no connection to the suspects whatsoever, so why was he suspected?

If you can answer this question then you have solved the case imo

Him and his uncle were named as suspects initially:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-now-rule-koh-tao-headmans-son-murder-suspect-turn-foreign-tourists-probe/

Yeh but why? That question has never been answered!

A curfew of migrant workers on Samui, Phangan and Koh Tao (indoors by 10pm chaps).

How will the police distinguish foreign tourists from foreign workers? Will the curfew apply to those working illegally, or only those with proper work permits?

To all those calling for UK testing - prolly not gonna happen - read from BP that the Pol Gen invited staff from 1) the institute of forensic science at Ramathibodi Hospital, 2) Siriraj Hospital and 3) King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, to jointly carry out the test.

He was in Bangkok!!!!!!!!!, so why would the police ever connect him in the first place.

Most murders are committed by people that you know. However, Nom Sod has no connection to the suspects whatsoever, so why was he suspected?

This is a good question. Did the RTP ever formally confirm that he was a suspect?

I seem to recall a few news articles that suggested suspects had been called for questioning and that's when Montrivet and Woraphan both attended and were released but another suspect was thought to be in Bangkok....was that an official line or just a media term?

Does anyone recall if the bodies were sent back to the UK before or after the two Burmese workers were arrested?

Before.

Which is a problem for the conspiracy theory that the two Burmese men had their DNA planted on the bodies because then the police would have had to do it around three weeks before the arrests; so they want to frame up these two guys, plant the "scapegoats" DNA in, ship the bodies out, wait around three weeks running around like headless chicken making blunder after blunder and then, and only then they say "A-HA! here's the killers!".

It doesn't look like a plausible scenario to me, specially because it would be thoroughly dependent in the complicity of the police and forensic experts in the UK to play along with it.

• Like 1

The Change.org petition maybe had lots of peripheral benefits and provided a show of moral support to the bereaved families. But that was not the wording of the petition. The petition was to make a demand of the UK Government PM's Office and FCO. On that score it probably had little effect as such procedures are designed to facilitate investigations into the Murder of UK Nationals anywhere in the world when there is little or no publicity surrounding such cases.

Thaivisa doesn't allow the linking of a certain facebook group anymore, but on there are rumors police have confirmed Nomsod is the guilty party. If so Thailand 'allowing a second DNA test' and be seen to be assisting in the investigation would be a way to save face slightly.

If true, the two poor scapegoats can thank social media with Thaivisa at the forefront for in principle saving their lives!! Well done to the posters here for refusing to let go!!thumbsup.gif

Two very high profile posters on this topic has all of a sudden got very quiet, wonder why??

best not to gloat to soon. So many twist and turns in this case already and i think theres more to come yet

This is a good question. Did the RTP ever formally confirm that he was a suspect?

I seem to recall a few news articles that suggested suspects had been called for questioning and that's when Montrivet and Woraphan both attended and were released but another suspect was thought to be in Bangkok....was that an official line or just a media term?

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

• Like 2

The United Kingdom should verify whether or not they have been able to obtain their own DNA sample from the victims on arrival to the UK, and these samples should be used. Nobody with an average intelligent, or above, trusts the Thai police or the system in general

Perhaps the police in the UK are following the normal protocol of not commenting on the details of an ongoing investigation?

Because if anything has proven the necessity of doing that it's this rumor mongering debacle.

• Like 2

The above demand most likely had little or no influence on the UK Government's decision to send an investigating team to Thailand as that decision was made according to documented UK FCO and Police chief's procedure and was probably well in the works before the petition was even started.
BTW the official UK Government Petition started by the same Mr. Harkins who started the Change.org petition now stands at 10 signatures up from 9 yesterday.

Exactly what point are you trying to make here?

You, JTJ, JDinAsia (same guy?) and co. are just trolling and apologising for the RTP's failures.

You all seem really miffed that the petition reached it's target. So much so that you'll pour scorn on another "official" one? Does that detract from the initial petition?

What a sad, pathetic little thicket of losers you all are.

• Like 1

Just FYI, it is NOT correct that the police have NOT confirmed Nomsod or anyone else as the guilty party.

It is a speculative post about an RTP (maybe) on spacebook.

This tragic incident is getting closer to being resolved, IMHO, please can we stick to facts and not keep speculating, adding to the chinese whispers

and conspiracies.

Most of us on here believe much of the circumstantial evidence, we have to wait and see what transpires next.

Second guessing does not help anyone, I believe the family are watching this forum so I think a little sensitivity is in order.

Apologies for the rant guys and girls.

• Like 2

Does anyone recall if the bodies were sent back to the UK before or after the two Burmese workers were arrested?

Before.

Which is a problem for the conspiracy theory that the two Burmese men had their DNA planted on the bodies because then the police would have had to do it around three weeks before the arrests; so they want to frame up these two guys, plant the "scapegoats" DNA in, ship the bodies out, wait around three weeks running around like headless chicken making blunder after blunder and then, and only then they say "A-HA! here's the killers!".

It doesn't look like a plausible scenario to me, specially because it would be thoroughly dependent in the complicity of the police and forensic experts in the UK to play along with it.

I think you missed my point.....My point is if the bodies were already back in the UK, the Brits would possibly have the opportunity to extract their own DNA sample. There is the possibility that the original sample extracted from the body and on file with the RTP was removed and replaced, when times were right, (perhaps after an arrangement had been reached) for a DNA sample from the 2 Workers to be substituted in the RTP files....Those samples so stated as coming from the body of the deceased would then be compared with that of the workers and walla a match. A possibly corrupt official , never suspecting such a backlash, just may think there would never be a problem, but now its damage control time.

The United Kingdom should verify whether or not they have been able to obtain their own DNA sample from the victims on arrival to the UK, and these samples should be used. Nobody with an average intelligent, or above, trusts the Thai police or the system in general

Perhaps the police in the UK are following the normal protocol of not commenting on the details of an ongoing investigation?

Because if anything has proven the necessity of doing that it's this rumor mongering debacle.

They should verify whether they have the samples or not and these should be used..

Before.

I think you missed my point.....My point is if the bodies were already back in the UK, the Brits would possibly have the opportunity to extract their own DNA sample. There is the possibility that the original sample extracted from the body and on file with the RTP was removed and replaced, when times were right, (perhaps after an arrangement had been reached) for a DNA sample from the 2 Workers to be substituted in the RTP files....Those samples so stated as coming from the body of the deceased would then be compared with that of the workers and walla a match. A possibly corrupt official , never suspecting such a backlash, just may think there would never be a problem, but now its damage control time.

And that, again, would necessitate the complicity of the UK police and forensic experts.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

This is one of the most interesting aspects of the case. Shortly thereafter, Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen said the media misquoted him. The Thai PBS journalist stands by his report, but it is unclear if he has a recording to prove it.

The Change.org petition maybe had lots of peripheral benefits and provided a show of moral support to the bereaved families. But that was not the wording of the petition. The petition was to make a demand of the UK Government PM's Office and FCO. On that score it probably had little effect as such procedures are designed to facilitate investigations into the Murder of UK Nationals anywhere in the world when there is little or no publicity surrounding such cases.

Seriously give it a break!!bah.gif

The two other trolls had the good taste to stay away from this thread, why not do us all a favour and do the same!!

Before.

Gonzo,

The 64 million dollar question is whether or not the UK was able to retrieve any useful DNA from the victims once repatriated.

I do not believe that issue has been answered with any degree of accuracy.

The victims may have been embalmed prior to transportation and that makes it all problematic.

• Like 1