Mormons finding captive audience (nice photo)

WinnieTheKhwai

Mormons ...... Please go back to Salt Lake City where you belong. Leave Thais to believe and pray to their Bhudda.

Real Buddhism is more an ethical system than a belief system.

As with most religions, the Thais are saddled with corrupted institutionalized adaptations of the original teachings.

Educated Buddhists not "pray to their Buddha" or, more precisely, pray to any idols.

The Buddha images are reminders to the Sangha of the Dharma practices taught within the system.

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever accost you, reach inside your bag and say, "Hey, I've got some excellent weed here. Wanna buy some?" The pests will bugger off immediately.

That reminds me of this case..

"offered the missionaries 30 freshly baked small cookies, of which the Elders ate 10 to 12 each, while their hosts ate three or four"

Ten each! Blimey... blink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No problems with Mormons at all. Multiple wives? Sounds good to me.

Each to their own. To me, that's just sadism.......................wink.png

One is more than enough.

• Like 1

Or in other words people don`t mind fun being poked at any religion providing it`s not their own.

Perhaps the poster is taking precautions just in case the Jews decide to have a change in policy.

Just stating facts. It doesn't happen and will never happen. Yes, you CAN convert to Judaism but it is a long hard road and you have to take the initiative. Nobody is coming calling for you.

...unless you live on the West Bank.

That was kind of cute.

I guess this is as close as it gets for Jews, but only directed at Jews ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45irK1ufcTk

Cute?

What is cute about being driven off your land to make way for illegal settlements?

I have the utmost respect for them. One is quite enough and sometimes one too many. I know why they knock on doors. They cannot get a word in edgewise at home.

I have the utmost respect for them. One is quite enough and sometimes one too many. I know why they knock on doors. They cannot get a word in edgewise at home.

Officially the Mormons haven't practiced polygamy - or plural marriage as they call it - since 1890 when a manifesto was issued as a condition for Utah being admitted as a state.

However, there are several fundamentalist groups that call themselves Mormon that still practice it.

I guess this is as close as it gets for Jews, but only directed at Jews ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45irK1ufcTk

What is this ceremony they are performing here?

Related to Rosh Hashana or Jewish New Year. (Now is year 5775.)

http://judaism.about.com/od/holidays/a/whatisashofar.htm

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Cute?

What is cute about being driven off your land to make way for illegal settlements?

I find you adorable!wub.png

"Just stating facts."...as you were in an earlier post.

It's a game, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Is that a dimple I spy on your delicious punim?wub.png

Caught me on a rough morning near front of suk soi 81 (on route to BTS)

"Want to be baptized?" I asked "Want me to get knocked out?"

Its funny because I've met a few that have turned and are now full on ex-pat degenerate scumbags. Probably for the better though.

Cute?

I find you adorable!wub.png

"Just stating facts."...as you were in an earlier post.

It's a game, you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Is that a dimple I spy on your delicious punim?wub.png

No, it's a syphilitic lesion.

• Like 1

Pests. There should be some sort of spray for them.

There is its called Catholism...laugh.png tell them your one and they seem to run a mile..or alternatively start ranting about Charles Darwin and Dinosaurs biggrin.png
I've discovered of late that U.S. evangelicals often consider Catholics as no better that pagans given we pay worship to saints and the Virgin mary... And that they arent real christians.

They may have a point....

That's a good one. do they then ask you to send money for this revealing book.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif I just get a laugh at the different churches claiming to be the one true one. I wonder what they figure happened to all the people who died before they founded their church. I was also wondering if they were real Mormons on the train. I always see them with out coats on.

My oldest looked into Mormonism he was swept of his feet by all the special interest they paid to him. But being the cheapskate he is the 10% ended the romance.clap2.gif

I grew up in the buckle of the bible belt in North America. About 100 miles south of the city I lived in was Canada's biggest mormon church. The mormons had whole communities to themselves in the area. My fathers third wife was mormon woman. I had to go to his wedding and funeral at their church. They definitely felt cultish to me. The young wouldnot associate or even recognise the present of none mormons attending a function at their church. They hung around the elder mormons waiting either for protect from the heathens in their present or unsure of what to do,or just afraid of being captured and taken away from their religion I donot know why they acted so strange but they did. The elders simply ignored everyone with an aloof attitude. They certainly all kept their distance from none mormons.

We also had Hutterites. That is a complete horse of a different colour too.

The best part about mormonsism is the girls are very promiscuos. In their teens they go with anyone any time. We used to go to mormon towns on sunday and wait for church to end then drive around and pick up their girls on the way home for play time.. They will be promiscous for around 3 to 4 years and then become born again virgins and marry some missionary returning from his mission and have 10 kids.

All that said one of my best friends is a mormon but never seen him in a church. And my younger sisters third husband is a mormon. Being from the bible belt they are just another religion to me. They all promote and solicit.

I grew up in the buckle of the bible belt in North America. About 100 miles south of the city I lived in was Canada's biggest mormon church. The mormons had whole communities to themselves in the area. My fathers third wife was mormon woman. I had to go to his wedding and funeral at their church. They definitely felt cultish to me. The young wouldnot associate or even recognise the present of none mormons attending a function at their church. They hung around the elder mormons waiting either for protect from the heathens in their present or unsure of what to do,or just afraid of being captured and taken away from their religion I donot know why they acted so strange but they did. The elders simply ignored everyone with an aloof attitude. They certainly all kept their distance from none mormons.

The best part about mormonsism is the girls are very promiscuos. In their teens they go with anyone any time. We used to go to mormon towns on sunday and wait for church to end then drive around and pick up their girls on the way home for play time.. They will be promiscous for around 3 to 4 years and then become born again virgins and marry some missionary returning from his mission and have 10 kids.

All that said one of my best friends is a mormon but never seen him in a church. And my younger sisters third husband is a mormon. Being from the bible belt they are just another religion to me. They all promote and solicit.

What you say about the promiscuous Mormon girls sounds bizarre, but I think it is true.

My brother has a place in Bisbee, Arizona, near St.George, a town founded by mormons in the 19th century. They still are the majority there and run just about everything.

The young bucks from the surrounding towns go there on weekend nights to pick up teenage girls for joyrides and sex.

I found that hard to believe at first, but so many credible people told me that I had to accept it.

I've got no problems with Mormons. I'm polite to them as they generally get the doors slammed in their face, but their Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

True story, in my early 20s down in oz. Saturday morning, after a big night out. I was still in bed and there as a knock on the door. I stumbled over to answer and standing there was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen in my life.

I smiled and though to myself 'what did I do right to deserve this?' She then introduced herself as JW.....and the door was soon shut on her.

Exactly how "soon" did you shut the door?

rolleyes.gif

Patrick

Quite soon after I accepted her literature for the 'watchtower' and I realised nothing missionary was going to happen that day.

'watchtower' ? That's what the Jehovas Witness distribute too, isn't it?

The best part about mormonsism is the girls are very promiscuos. In their teens they go with anyone any time. We used to go to mormon towns on sunday and wait for church to end then drive around and pick up their girls on the way home for play time..

Are they still like that?

And where?

tongue.png

What you say about the promiscuous Mormon girls sounds bizarre, but I think it is true.

My brother has a place in Bisbee, Arizona, near St.George, a town founded by mormons in the 19th century. They still are the majority there and run just about everything.

The young bucks from the surrounding towns go there on weekend nights to pick up teenage girls for joyrides and sex.

I found that hard to believe at first, but so many credible people told me that I had to accept it.

Do you mean St. David? St. George is in Utah. St. David is a Mormon stronghold 35 mi from Bisbee.

Edited by mesquite

Do you mean St. David? St. George is in Utah. St. David is a Mormon stronghold 35 mi from Bisbee.

Yes, I did mean St. David. Thanks for the correction.

You sound like you might be familiar with the area.

My brother bought the old parsonage of the Presbyterian church in Bisbee. It was built in 1903 and when he bought it in the late '90s it was in a state of serious disrepair.

I spent several summers with other family members renovating it.

Wonderful town, Bisbee. The Copper Queen mine financed a lot of substantial building that has outlasted most of the other boomtowns in the Wild West.

If they ever accost you, reach inside your bag and say, "Hey, I've got some excellent weed here. Wanna buy some?" The pests will bugger off immediately.

"offered the missionaries 30 freshly baked small cookies, of which the Elders ate 10 to 12 each, while their hosts ate three or four"

And then they cycled home!

And then they cycled home!

Nice guests..if I opened a pack of chockie biscuits there would be none left for me after.