UN political chief criticizes Israel for new settlement plans

webfact

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conveniently neglected to mention that when the UN established Israel most of the Arab world attacked and were expected to win. But the Jews won ... surprise surprise. That's the root of this mess ... the original Arab attack set the stage.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually just a small point but Israel won, not the Jews as there were not just Jews in the Israeli army, and they had massive help from the U.S. In terms of intelligence and supplied hardware.

You really have no clue about Israel, but you sure like pretending that you do. The Jews did win the war of 1948 and America did not start helping Israel in a substantial way until AFTER they won the 6 day war in 1967. rolleyes.gif

Edited by petercool
removal of empty space
  • Like 2

Conveniently neglected to mention that when the UN established Israel most of the Arab world attacked and were expected to win. But the Jews won ... surprise surprise. That's the root of this mess ... the original Arab attack set the stage.

Actually just a small point but Israel won, not the Jews as there were not just Jews in the Israeli army, and they had massive help from the U.S. In terms of intelligence and supplied hardware.

You really have no clue about Israel, but you sure like pretending that you do. The Jews did win the war of 1948 and America did not start helping Israel in a substantial way until AFTER they won the 6 day war in 1967. rolleyes.gif

That's what I thought too ... but if jscm wants to provide credible evidence otherwise, he is welcome to present his case.

Would you accept that Israel has ignored everything the UN has said since 1948?

Why would they pay attention to those hypocrites?

The U.N. General Assembly adopted a total of 21 resolutions singling out Israel for criticism in 2013 and 4 resolutions for the rest of the world combined.

The four that do not concern Israel are: one on Syria, a regime that has murdered 120,000 of its own people, and one each on Iran, North Korea and Myanmar.

There were zero UNGA resolutions on gross and systematic abuses committed by China, Cuba, Egypt, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Zimbabwe, nor on many other major perpetrators of grave violations of human rights.

http://blog.unwatch.org/index.php/2013/11/25/this-years-22-unga-resolutions-against-israel-4-on-rest-of-world/

Would you accept that Israel has ignored everything the UN has said since 1948?

Why would they pay attention to those hypocrites?

The U.N. General Assembly adopted a total of 21 resolutions singling out Israel for criticism in 2013 and 4 resolutions for the rest of the world combined.

The four that do not concern Israel are: one on Syria, a regime that has murdered 120,000 of its own people, and one each on Iran, North Korea and Myanmar.

There were zero UNGA resolutions on gross and systematic abuses committed by China, Cuba, Egypt, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Zimbabwe, nor on many other major perpetrators of grave violations of human rights.

http://blog.unwatch.org/index.php/2013/11/25/this-years-22-unga-resolutions-against-israel-4-on-rest-of-world/

I rest my point if your own calculations are correct they have ignored 21 resolutions and most others have been blocked by their rulers the U.S.A.

Thank You for clearing the matter up it should help expedite our understanding of the facts.

So they've ignored 21 and continued to ethnically cleanse as well. Wow

Edited by japsportscarmad
  • Like 1

The assertion was US help in intelligence and hardware. The documentary refers to those things in 1967.

No you missed it. We were talking about 1948 and the assertion of major US aid at that time of the vicious Arab world attack on the new Jewish state.

Rulers the USA? That's rubbish. Israel and the USA are very close allies even now with the Obama chickenpoogate but each is its own country.

Come on You know any big international decisions have to go past the U.S. Or they would have hit Iran by now.

The assertion was US help in intelligence and hardware. The documentary refers to those things in 1967.

No you missed it. We were talking about 1948 and the assertion of major US aid at that time of the vicious Arab world attack on the new Jewish state.

It's all about semantics as Israel was predominantly funded by US donors, lots of money flowing in. It may have not been state sanctioned but it was funded by the U.S. Even directly or indirectly. Edited by japsportscarmad

It's all about semantics as Israel was predominantly funded by US donors, lots of money flowing in. It may have not been state sanctioned but it was funded by the U.S. Even directly or indirectly.
In other words you cannot support your original assertion of massive US government support for Israel when they were viciously attacked by the Arab world in 1948. I figured as much. It's OK to admit you were wrong. It's cleansing.

It's all about semantics as Israel was predominantly funded by US donors, lots of money flowing in. It may have not been state sanctioned but it was funded by the U.S. Even directly or indirectly.
Cooperating with your closest ally is hardly being ruled by. I suggest you cut the inflammatory demagoguery.

• Like 1

In other words you cannot support your original assertion of massive US government support for Israel when they were viciously attacked by the Arab world in 1948. I figured as much. It's OK to admit you were wrong. It's cleansing.

Your quoting the wrong posts in fact your quoting two peoples posts with one answer, which is not clear. My reply to the post by another was correct I never asserted the US government substantially assisted but that American money and help funded it.

So your saying ethnic cleansing is a correct term to use?

More nonsense. The USA remained neutral and imposed an embargo on arms sales to Israel. Great Britain was selling weapons to Arabs and was training their armies. The only country that helped Israel in 1948 was the USSR. It was mostly the Soviets who supplied Israel with arms.

• Like 1

Cooperating with your closest ally is hardly being ruled by. I suggest you cut the inflammatory demagoguery.

I can't be guilty of inflammatory demagoguery as not a demagogue, it's impossible therefore to fit your cunningly thought out description.

Ok I accept America doesn't control everything in Israel I can admit an over sight, but on foreign policy that's another matter, or the Iranian nuclear programme would have been history, I would suggest.

Have you done any work yet on another definition to describe what I called ethically cleansing?

Got to hop off now as a plane to catch :-)

Have you done any work yet on another definition to describe what I called ethically cleansing?

How about the REAL definition?

: the expulsion, imprisonment, or killing of an ethnic minority by a dominant majority in order to achieve ethnic homogeneity

That hardly describes a population that had grown 30% in the last 10 years and has one of the worst obesity problems in the world. Why use such dishonest, delusional rhetoric?

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I don't think to this day that people can accept that little old Israel knocked out the mighty neighbours in six days without help and captured so many Egyptian's, that they simply sent most of them on their way to the Suez Canal and held mainly officers as a bargaining tool for captured Israeli soldiers. None of those big states to this day will dare antagonize Israel again, knowing how foolish Israel made them look with inferior weapons and alone.

"Our airmen, who struck the enemies' planes so accurately that no one in the world understands how it was done and people seek technological explanations or secret weapons; our armoured troops who beat the enemy even when their equipment was inferior to his; our soldiers in all other branches ... who overcame our enemies everywhere, despite the latter's superior numbers and fortifications-all these revealed not only coolness and courage in the battle but ... an understanding that only their personal stand against the greatest dangers would achieve victory for their country and for their families, and that if victory was not theirs the alternative was annihilation"

Yitzhak Rabin

• Like 1

I don't think to this day that people can accept that little old Israel knocked out the mighty neighbours in six days without help and captured so many Egyptian's, that they simply sent most of them on their way to the Suez Canal and held mainly officers as a bargaining tool for captured Israeli soldiers. None of those big states to this day will dare antagonize Israel again, knowing how foolish Israel made them look with inferior weapons and alone.

"Our airmen, who struck the enemies' planes so accurately that no one in the world understands how it was done and people seek technological explanations or secret weapons; our armoured troops who beat the enemy even when their equipment was inferior to his; our soldiers in all other branches ... who overcame our enemies everywhere, despite the latter's superior numbers and fortifications-all these revealed not only coolness and courage in the battle but ... an understanding that only their personal stand against the greatest dangers would achieve victory for their country and for their families, and that if victory was not theirs the alternative was annihilation"

Yitzhak Rabin

"Little old Israel" knocked out it's neighbours with a king hit by attacking first. Israel was the aggressor.

I won't post the truth here in the form of a recent documentary because some members object to the inconvenient truth and complain, but Israel's starting of the 6 days war had something so bad (as intimated in Rabin's quote above "no one in the world understands how it was done") that Israel tried to sink the USS Liberty spy ship that had eavesdropped on their actions.

Means, ends.

Google USS Liberty.

Edited by Seastallion

Oh, please, anyone who has even superficially looked into the history of Israel knows about the Liberty incident. No country is perfect. The obsessive energy some people put into demonizing this one small country, Israel, is truly amazing. Look into the history of any country and you will find dark stuff. Your own too. ALL of you.

Israel demonizers insist on making each and every thread touching on ANYTHING about Israel and Jews to be about their obsessive agenda touching on the entire history of Israel (painted as darkly as possible) and often including obvious Jew hatred (like asking loaded questions like why have Jews been hated everywhere they live, they must deserve it). Israel demonization intent is obviouis -- blatant IRRATIONAL prejudice focused on the lack of acceptance of even the existence of Israel. This evil movement of Israel demonization is clearly about making the state of Israel out to be ILLEGITIMATE. Just as HAMAS does.

What other country gets this kind of obsessive obvious biased attention?

Not even North Korea.

Edited by Jingthing

Oh, please, anyone who has even superficially looked into the history of Israel knows about the Liberty incident. No country is perfect. The obsessive energy some people put into demonizing this one small country, Israel, is truly amazing. Look into the history any country and you will find dark stuff. Your own too. ALL of you.

God your up late you must be an insomniac like me?

I didn't believe it actually that it was true about the ship, I believed the French secret service sunk the Rainbow warrior but didn't think Israel would carry out a terrorist act on one of their allies, and funders. Talk about the dog biting the hand that feeds it. Well, where's there no honour there's no truth.

We're not demonising just stating fact, and demonising doesn't have a z in it m8 not in English, it has an s. The z is an American bastardisation of the language.

Sometimes the truth hurts but no one can re-write history although many try.

Anyway we digress too much, did you get your lantern off safely tonight?

Oh, please, anyone who has even superficially looked into the history of Israel knows about the Liberty incident. No country is perfect. The obsessive energy some people put into demonizing this one small country, Israel, is truly amazing. Look into the history any country and you will find dark stuff. Your own too. ALL of you.

God your up late you must be an insomniac like me?

I didn't believe it actually that it was true about the ship, I believed the French secret service sunk the Rainbow warrior but didn't think Israel would carry out a terrorist act on one of their allies, and funders. Talk about the dog biting the hand that feeds it. Well, where's there no honour there's no truth.

We're not demonising just stating fact, and demonising doesn't have a z in it m8 not in English, it has an s. The z is an American bastardisation of the language.

Sometimes the truth hurts but no one can re-write history although many try.

Anyway we digress too much, did you get your lantern off safely tonight?

Next time there is a thread about this ancient history about the Liberty, maybe a detailed "debate" would be in order. It's a very popular topic among those who enjoy demonizing Israel but I don't see the point here. Honestly, I'm not interested even if it WAS on topic. I'm not one to present Israel's past, present, or future as morally perfect (no country can boast that).

In regard to your insistence on addressing me personally and posing interest in my phone model, sleeping habits, sexual orientation, potential travel plans, etc.please stop that. We are not friends and never will be ... your personality chatter is completely inappropriate when talking about topics such as this.

Maybe in farang pub ... maybe ... but not here. Message received, I hope.

Also note: yes I (and other Americans) tend to use American style English. Please don't mention such a triviality again.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I'm not interested in your sexuality or anything else personally about you as you are a gay and I clearly am not interested in that sort of thing, but hey it's your choice and I wouldn't judge you on it or condemn you for it.

You seemed stressed as loosing the arguments all the time so I was just trying to be nice to you lighten a serious subject, and be friendly as there's alot on animosity on this subject. However, your obviously not a friendly chap so not a problem for me.

Anyway you have a good evening, and don't worry about you been American it's ok I am sure.

.....but no one can re-write history although many try.

History can be re-written / or at least smothered under a fog of total distortion.

Especially nowadays, given the proliferation of fast food so called 'facts' on the web which very few bother themselves to verify (and if they ever bother to do so and find it to be a falsity, the story is usually far too juicy to let go of, because it was being used as napalm to attack someone / something / certain nations in the world, in an effective manner). I believe this is the age of armchair foot soldiers where internet users fashion themselves as 'truth' warriors, who will believe anything if it has been presented slickly.

• Like 1

So if we can get back to the thread title....

Is it OK for the settlements to expand with the two state solution being the primary objective?

No, it is not helpful for promoting any hope of a real two state solution. I agree with my American government on that.

So if we can get back to the thread title....

Is it OK for the settlements to expand with the two state solution being the primary objective?

No, it is not helpful for promoting any hope of a real two state solution. I agree with my American government on that.

So how would you deal with it by keeping the current situation, which is not working. You could only have a single state solution if what let's call the Palestinians were expelled? Or am I missing something?