Help For Visa Please

Hi my name is Don and this is my first post ever.

I have been searching a lot of post for quite a while now and go a lot of great info of you… thanks.

I will just like some advice on my circumstances. I know you have heard this before so stay with me please.

I have been married to a Thai woman for a month and a half now the only problem is that I have been back in England for a month. We are in the process of getting our evidence together for a settlement visa application. I am back at work after my 3 month stay in Thailand with my wife which is good for my bank account which took a bit of a battering for the past 3 months unpaid holiday I took and supporting my wife over the past month (still got the receipt from the bank transfers). I am staying in the parent’s house rent free and looking for her to join me here there is plenty of room. I will also get help from the family to help her settle in and stay rent free till we get on our feet. I have looked into the evidence and I need help with the sponsor letter what shall I put in it and any other advice will be great?

D.

Hi my name is Don and this is my first post ever.

I have been searching a lot of post for quite a while now and go a lot of great info of you… thanks.

I will just like some advice on my circumstances. I know you have heard this before so stay with me please.

I have been married to a Thai woman for a month and a half now the only problem is that I have been back in England for a month. We are in the process of getting our evidence together for a settlement visa application. I am back at work after my 3 month stay in Thailand with my wife which is good for my bank account which took a bit of a battering for the past 3 months unpaid holiday I took and supporting my wife over the past month (still got the receipt from the bank transfers). I am staying in the parent’s house rent free and looking for her to join me here there is plenty of room. I will also get help from the family to help her settle in and stay rent free till we get on our feet. I have looked into the evidence and I need help with the sponsor letter what shall I put in it and any other advice will be great?

D.

If you haven't already, goto the British embassy website, download, read, and understand ALL the requirements. Don't tell any lies on the application - even the smallest could trip you up. It's possible they'll ask to see 6 months wage slips from you, so you might need to show that your 3 month break was only a temporary one. Living at your parents house shouldn't be problem providing there's adequate room for you all - ie, enough bedrooms. Again you'll have to prove this. Here's some links for you... I'm sure others will add more info' that not here. Good luck to you both

http://uk.sitestat.com/fcoweb/britembassy/...pdf&ns_url=[http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005,4.pdf]

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1065714374894

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1065721608380

Edited by geoffphuket

Don,

In your sponsor's letter you should briefly detail your relationship, your intentions, and your circumstances in the UK. Also draw to the visa officer's attention the supporting evidence. The primary purpose of the letter is to gently suggest to the visa officer that your wife meets the requirements of the immigration rules, which can be found here (para 281).

Scouse.

I don't know if you have already done this Donmac, so apologies if you have.

Seeing as you are staying at your parents house, you will need to show proof that there is enough room for you and the wife to live. i.e. have your own bedroom. Try and get a copy of the deeds showing how many rooms are in the house and also state how many people are living there presently.

I don't know if you have already done this Donmac, so apologies if you have.

Seeing as you are staying at your parents house, you will need to show proof that there is enough room for you and the wife to live. i.e. have your own bedroom. Try and get a copy of the deeds showing how many rooms are in the house and also state how many people are living there presently.

A letter from your parents, briefly describing the property, who currently lives there and how many rooms will be available for your exclusive use (1 room is enough), should suffice.

If they own the property they should provide proof of this, a copy of the deeds or a mortgage statement.

If they rent, then you will need a letter from the landlord confirming that they have no objections to you living there and that there is room for you.

Also, if your parents are offering financial support, then they should provide evidence that they can afford to, i.e. proof of income and bank statements.

Edited by GU22

Hi Don,

I had the same problems with my own band account being battered by the constant trips to the far east and now providing financial support for my wife whilst we wait for the Visa. I solved it by making my wife a second card holder on one of my minor credit cards (£500 limit) and then sent it to her. This got over the problem of paying huge transfer fees for Western Union as the charge by the bank for using the ATM is only £2 and the exchange rate is quite reasonable. It also allows my wife some freedom in finance showing Trust and allows me to transfer large sums of money if need be such as any unforseen financial hits surrounding the Visa(no need to pay transfer fees to Thailand cause its UK based). Also good for a credit rating when she gets to the UK.

This also allows me some time to avoid the large financial hit cause there is, of course, a delay in having to deal with the payment. Perhaps when she gets to the UK my wife can pay it herself when she gets into work

Hope this helps in some way

Roblpl