Sweden recognises Palestinian state

webfact

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not illegal. There are plenty of legal experts who say so - as well as plenty with the opposite opinion. Palestinian terrorists have brought all these problems on their own people and no other country would put up with it.

Sweden being the first EU country to recognise a Palestinian state, isn't a one off because I think the world government's are finally growing tired of Israels antics and I think we shall see more following Swedens lead in the near future.

I very much doubt it, Sweden has dug itself a hole so deep with their appeasement of radical Islam, has left them with no other option than to recognise Palestine, which isn't even a country. To not do so might bring yet another bout of riots and as we all know and have seen, the Swedish police are reluctant (scared) to deal with such things.

• Like 2

Anyone who follows what is really happening in Sweden, will know that this is a country out of control who have booked themselves a one way ticket to the 7th century, so recognising Palestine, although irrelevant is really not surprising.

• Like 2

I have nothing against anyone recognizing Palestine and I have nothing against Palestine being a state. Unfortunately, it will be recognized as a dysfunctional state at this point in time.

The only state to be a 'failed state' before it becomes a state. laugh.png

Anyone who follows what is really happening in Sweden, will know that this is a country out of control who have booked themselves a one way ticket to the 7th century, so recognising Palestine, although irrelevant is really not surprising.

You know a lot of Swedish people (not the loons in their parliament) would rather have the hordes of non-Swedish foreigners out of their country than some recognition of a territory best left to the Jews and Arabs to fight over.

So the 'recognition' is a moot point when far larger issues are at play.

You know a lot of Swedish people (not the loons in their parliament) would rather have the hordes of non-Swedish foreigners out of their country than some recognition of a territory best left to the Jews and Arabs to fight over.

So the 'recognition' is a moot point when far larger issues are at play.

The Swedish people keep voting the loons in!

Edited by uptheos

Recognition is one thing but economic boycott such as happened to South Africa tends to have more impact.

One thing is for sure.

Israel is achieving nothing allowing settlement of the West Bank.

But THIS topic is about recognition, innit?coffee1.gif

True, long overdue sanctions are for another topic.

The settlements, however, appear to be one of the factors which influenced Sweden's decision according to the FM.

http://time.com/3547418/sweden-becomes-the-first-e-u-member-to-recognize-the-state-of-palestine/

“Some will claim that today’s decision comes too early. I’m rather afraid it’s too late,” writes Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom in the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter. “The past year, we’ve seen how the peace negotiations once again have halted, how decisions on new settlements on occupied Palestinian land have obstructed a two-state solution and how violence has returned to Gaza.”

• Like 1

GREAT news coming out of Europe:

Several European nations told US officials that they are seriously considering unilaterally recognizing Palestine as a state, as Sweden did last month, if peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians do not resume.

According to a report in the Wall Street Journal on Saturday, these countries include some of the US’s closest allies. The report did not specify which, however.

Read more: 'European nations threaten to recognize Palestinian state' | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/european-nations-tell-us-they-are-considering-palestine-recognition/#ixzz3IruGLiWN

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gif

The world has had enough of waiting for the occupiers to act reasonably, honestly and morally.

More and more countries are no longer going to be bullied by the UNSC veto. The days of denying full UN membership to the State of Palestine are coming to an end.

If memory serves, membership is voted on by the General Assembly, not the UNSC. Which is how and why Palestine is currently a non-member observer state (despite USA wishes). Was there a request for full membership which was denied?

Recognition is one thing but economic boycott such as happened to South Africa tends to have more impact.

The various campaigns to boycott all things Israeli – from products, to businesses, to culture – have been a stupendous failure, but doesn't stop the crystal ball gazing Israel-bashers from predicting the next one will be a roaring success. It seems that they are willing to rely worthless gestures - like "recognizing" a country that does not exist - that accomplish pretty much nothing.

• Like 1

More good news, it appears France will be next.

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/50689.

France ... large Jewish population ... recent large spike in Judeophobic incidents. That France?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Large Jewish population in France? I think it is only about 500k. (less than 1%)

France has a far larger number of Muslims.

That is neither here nor there. They are likely the next EU country to recognize the State of Palestine.

The various campaigns to boycott all things Israeli – from products, to businesses, to culture – have been a stupendous failure, but doesn't stop the crystal ball gazing Israel-bashers from predicting the next one will be a roaring success. It seems that they are willing to rely worthless gestures - like "recognizing" a country that does not exist - that accomplish pretty much nothing.

Why lie? The UN says that the State of Palestine exists. Sweden's recognition of the State of Palestine is far from a worthless gesture.

France ... large Jewish population ... recent large spike in Judeophobic incidents. That France?

Large Jewish population in France? I think it is only about 500k. (less than 1%)

That is neither here nor there. They are likely the next EU country to recognize the State of Palestine.

You don't get it. That is large for Jews. facepalm.gif Because Jews are a TINY minority of people in the world. The countries with the most Jews in the world are: ISRAEL, USA, and FRANCE in that order (though some counts would put USA first). Jews aren't like Muslims with a over 1.5 billion people.

It is not here nor there. It is somewhere. It is France. It is fact that France has become a hostile place for a Jews and many more than usual are deciding on migrating to Israel often as a result. So no surprise such a hostile country to it's Jews, like Sweden has become, would be going for this support of unilateral Palestine recognition ignoring Israel.

Edited by Jingthing

In response to a direct question

"

In the resolution, the Assembly also voiced the hope that the Security Council will “consider favourably” the application submitted in September 2011 by Palestine for full UN membership."

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=43640#.VGS_rT5dbCQ

Fair enough, seems like a the General Assembly vote is indeed conditional upon UNSC recommendation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_United_Nations

Edited by Morch

You don't get it. That is large for Jews. facepalm.gif Because Jews are a TINY minority of people in the world. The countries with the most Jews in the world are: ISRAEL, USA, and FRANCE in that order (though some counts would put USA first). Jews aren't like Muslims with a over 1.5 billion people.

It is not here nor there. It is somewhere. It is France. It is fact that France has become a hostile place for a Jews and many more than usual are deciding on migrating to Israel often as a result. So no surprise such a hostile country to it's Jews, like Sweden has become, would be going for this support of unilateral Palestine recognition ignoring Israel.

Such a hostile country.....

France is doing the right thing moving forward with recognition. I would far rather be a Jew in France than even an aid worker in Gaza

In response to a direct question

"

In the resolution, the Assembly also voiced the hope that the Security Council will “consider favourably” the application submitted in September 2011 by Palestine for full UN membership."

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=43640#.VGS_rT5dbCQ

Fair enough, seems like a the General Assembly vote is indeed conditional upon UNSC recommendation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_United_Nations

I could have given it from the UN charter but thought that link was both more to the topic and showed the shame of the UNSC

• Like 1