National police chief warns against distorted information on Koh Tao murder

Lite Beer

Facebook CEO is married to an Asian girl,

The backfire on the Thai Police trying to cause CSI LA problems, can be huge

I was surprised how many business people in Thailand, from the restaraunt to the shoe store, all have Faceook pages

If they try to censor Facebook in Thailand, that will be a huge miscalculation on thier part

I thought I saw that Bangkok was in the top 3 of major cities of people posting selfies

They really need to get up to speed on their own people

The people want freedom, not suppression

I wonder if the prosecutors have told them, they do not want to be splashed all over the international media as convicting two young men the world thinks are innocent,

the old saying was, better 100 guilty go free, lest we execute 1 innoncent man,

There are two on the line right now, and, whether the Thai police and government care or not, about the rest of the outside world,

This is going to hurt them badly, if they are indeed innocent, and someone gets caught bragging in the future,

like the guy who posed with the hoe. It seems there is a screw the world attitude, and they want to thumb their noses at the rest of us,

bragging will be the downfall, especially if they are drinking and someone is recording,

it happens a lot, and may very well happen here

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, police started going after a certain family, then did a big U turn. Are they going to start arresting each other?

Nope, as they cleared the family. They are moving against FB though.
Yeah cleared by their buddies in that ridiculous side show which was shown all over the news. I don't think Zuckerburg will be too concerned about a couple of Thai "police" ( which I really use in the loosest possible way I can) coming after FB.

No. Cleared before that.

Not after FB itself, but several arrests this weekend from FB

I was surprised how many business people in Thailand, from the restaraunt to the shoe store, all have Faceook pages

If they try to censor Facebook in Thailand, that will be a huge miscalculation on thier part

I thought I saw that Bangkok was in the top 3 of major cities of people posting selfies

I wonder if the prosecutors have told them, they do not want to be splashed all over the international media as convicting two young men the world thinks are innocent,

There are two on the line right now, and, whether the Thai police and government care or not, about the rest of the outside world,

This is going to hurt them badly, if they are indeed innocent, and someone gets caught bragging in the future,

like the guy who posed with the hoe. It seems there is a screw the world attitude, and they want to thumb their noses at the rest of us,

bragging will be the downfall, especially if they are drinking and someone is recording,

Who mentioned Censorship? This weekend they made arrests in Phuket and Bangkok from Facebook.

Who mentioned Censorship? This weekend they made arrests in Phuket and Bangkok from Facebook.

They mentioned censorship,

CSI LA reports that there is a campaign by Thai police to have his page removed.

the arrests ou mention was a marijuana distribution team, nothing to do with ripping their case to shreds

Remember the beginning of the coup, Facebook was blocked,,,,,,,,within 30 mins World War 3 was about to start in Thailand, the NCO quickly brought it back on line to quell the unrest

Maybe the Police Chief should think at little

CSI LA reports that there is a campaign by Thai police to have his page removed.

the arrests ou mention was a marijuana distribution team, nothing to do with ripping their case to shreds

• Like 1

Be careful, you never know, what the influential authorities are capable of....

If this happens, the entire Nation of Thailand, teenagers, young adults and any other social media addicts would be going insanely nuts, mentally addiction damaged, out of control,.... you name it.... ph34r.pngph34r.pngph34r.png

Remember the beginning of the coup, Facebook was blocked,,,,,,,,within 30 mins World War 3 was about to start in Thailand, the NCO quickly brought it back on line to quell the unrest

Maybe the Police Chief should think at little

AFAIK nobody has discussed blocking FB. It's more useful in obtaining information.

• Like 1

Very true JD...facebook is excellent for gathering information....just ask Sean

AFAIK nobody has discussed blocking FB. It's more useful in obtaining information.

It worked quite well last weekend. Arrests in Phuket and Bangkok.

ANyone that uses their real name, real email addresses, etc., on any social media,'

has always been asking for problems, starting with thieves, burglars, credit card scams, etc.,

the "cybe scouts" are probaby getting an earful and eyeful of data about their own police and gov't that they never have before,

outside and true, public opinion, outside the "party" line

anyone who opens an email from TV from these threads is only helping them,

sending an address to deliver llicit drugs or contraband, doesnt make the police smart,

it makes the posters inmates

from the today news page 3... police chief orders random officer to make a cat his pet

Glad to know the UK is getting more compassionate!

Good grief.... did you just see the words "page 3" and then make an assumption without reading the link.

Try being informed.

• Like 1

Very true JD...facebook is excellent for gathering information....just ask Sean

It worked quite well last weekend. Arrests in Phuket and Bangkok.

What were the arrests for then smartfart.

Can't arrest all of us .

For every poster stopped a thousand more will follow.

Justice for Hannah and David and all this will go away.

Simple really.

It should be noted that the arrests made in Phuket was possibly because the dealers published their names, bank and contact

details for potential clients.

They never had to call Sherlock.

To equate this with the spacebook page that has caused such a rumpus is typical of the googling sad man.

It would be interesting to take NEW DNA samples of the 2 Burmese suspects and compare these with Hannah's DNA sample used when testing the Headman's son yesterday.

The suspects' lawyers should not voluntarily agree to more DNA tests unless samples are taken by UK experts and compared with samples of the perps' DNA they have in the UK. Arguably they have already been subjected to two DNA tests in Thailand - one negative and one positive. No doubts another one done in Thailand with or without chief of police present and atendant media circus would prove positive. As it is the police claim to have wrapped up their case and have no reason to demand further DNA tests from the suspects. The defence lawyers can challenge the DNA tests in court more easily without more 'positive' results.

Edited by Dogmatix

It would be interesting to take NEW DNA samples of the 2 Burmese suspects and compare these with Hannah's DNA sample used when testing the Headman's son yesterday.

The suspects' lawyers should not voluntarily agree to more DNA tests unless samples are taken by UK experts and compared with samples of the perps' DNA they have in the UK. Arguably they have already been subjected to two DNA tests in Thailand - one negative and one positive. No doubts another one done in Thailand with or without chief of police present and atendant media circus would prove positive. As it is the police claim to have wrapped up their case and have no reason to demand further DNA tests from the suspects. The defence lawyers can challenge the DNA tests in court more easily without more 'positive' results.

The UK police have no standing in court in Thailand. They can't interfere.

The police did not demand a new test. They offered one if the defense wasn't satisfied. I don't think that the defense will be able to contest the way the test was taken if they refuse. That doesn't mean they can't contest the collection of evidence at the crime scene.

Edited by jdinasia

Not conspiracy theory, just a few questions that really need answering.

1. My son left for Bangkok this morning, early, I don’t know what time.

2. I haven’t seen my son for 2 weeks / a month ( time depending on what national media you read.

Which one is true?

3. Initial DNA comparison gave the uncle a 70% match, why was he/the family eliminated so quickly and decisively.

4. Less than 24 hours after declaring all on the island would have to give DNA samples, the police chief was replaced. Why?

5. Why were there so many suspects, of different nationalities, (except Thai), immediately after the new policeman in charge declared a Thai could not have done this crime?

6. Why has the police not seconded all relevant CCTV footage to eliminate the boy of interest, and if they have, why such reluctance to share after they have released so much and made so many inconsistent statements. It is in the interests of this family and the Thai people to show beyond reasonable doubt that they were not involved. The police owe at least that much to innocent people who stand accused of such a brutal crime.

7. Is there evidence of the furniture at the condo being moved or is this a red herring?

Don’t want to write a book so I want to ask a few things about the boys DNA test.

Before I do that I would like to say that having studied the boys demeanour, walk, body language et al, I do not believe he is a murderer. I believe he is a very insecure individual who hangs around with thugs (beholden to his father, one way or another) and pretends to be jack the lad. Many reasons for this conclusion but, I wont bore you with them.

I do think it is possible though that he was a willing accomplice to a rape that went wrong and may well be an accessory or at the very least a material witness. There again, maybe he was not on the island, no proof one way or the other.

The private DNA test.

This is a strange one. Here we have a private individual who, to clear his sons name, arranges a media show to witness DNA and blood samples being taken.

Nothing wrong with that. But then it gets strange, firstly the DNA samples are sent to 4 different laboratories for comparison and not 1 of those labs are licenced or qualified to do a criminal DNA comparison. Makes no sense if tyou are looking to eliminate a suspect.

Then, even though this is a private individual who is paying for the comparisons himself, ( so obviously, he is the only one entitled to view the results), but the police declare before the results that they will not form part of the investigation.

Whats the point then? Springs to mind.

As it was a PRIVATE transaction between the headman and the labs, why did a policeman show up?

For what? It was not part of the investigation.

Final point, my apologies for the length of post.

If the private DNA samples/blood were compared, what did they compare them with?

Did the police release evidence to a private individual from an on-going murder investigation?

If so, is that legal?

Is it standard operating procedure or was a special case made for this individual, and if so , why was he considered so special?

I have more questions but.. for now.. enough! Thanks if you got this far, been on my mind.

• Like 1

2. I haven’t seen my son for 2 weeks / a month ( time depending on what national media you read.

Which one is true?

3. Initial DNA comparison gave the uncle a 70% match, why was he/the family eliminated so quickly and decisively.

4. Less than 24 hours after declaring all on the island would have to give DNA samples, the police chief was replaced. Why?

5. Why were there so many suspects, of different nationalities, (except Thai), immediately after the new policeman in charge declared a Thai could not have done this crime?

6. Why has the police not seconded all relevant CCTV footage to eliminate the boy of interest, and if they have, why such reluctance to share after they have released so much and made so many inconsistent statements. It is in the interests of this family and the Thai people to show beyond reasonable doubt that they were not involved. The police owe at least that much to innocent people who stand accused of such a brutal crime.

7. Is there evidence of the furniture at the condo being moved or is this a red herring?

Don’t want to write a book so I want to ask a few things about the boys DNA test.

Before I do that I would like to say that having studied the boys demeanour, walk, body language et al, I do not believe he is a murderer. I believe he is a very insecure individual who hangs around with thugs (beholden to his father, one way or another) and pretends to be jack the lad. Many reasons for this conclusion but, I wont bore you with them.

I do think it is possible though that he was a willing accomplice to a rape that went wrong and may well be an accessory or at the very least a material witness. There again, maybe he was not on the island, no proof one way or the other.

The private DNA test.

This is a strange one. Here we have a private individual who, to clear his sons name, arranges a media show to witness DNA and blood samples being taken.

Nothing wrong with that. But then it gets strange, firstly the DNA samples are sent to 4 different laboratories for comparison and not 1 of those labs are licenced or qualified to do a criminal DNA comparison. Makes no sense if tyou are looking to eliminate a suspect.

Then, even though this is a private individual who is paying for the comparisons himself, ( so obviously, he is the only one entitled to view the results), but the police declare before the results that they will not form part of the investigation.

As it was a PRIVATE transaction between the headman and the labs, why did a policeman show up?

If the private DNA samples/blood were compared, what did they compare them with?

Did the police release evidence to a private individual from an on-going murder investigation?

If so, is that legal?

Is it standard operating procedure or was a special case made for this individual, and if so , why was he considered so special?

I have more questions but.. for now.. enough! Thanks if you got this far, been on my mind.

3: Give us an official news source about this , I am tired of reading social media BS on Facebook .

5. The island from what I read only have a few Thais living and working there . 80% of the workers are immigrants . The rest are tourists. Only bar/restaurant/hotel owners and a few hi-so Thais live there and as we know a few rich families.

So what are the odds that a foreigner did this ? Very low when you look at the numbers.

And of course we have one local police man who said the famous words: A Thai Could Not Have Done This . well this was one man only , he do not represent RTP . But since that comment was made public everyone is using it against the whole police force in Thailand.

Edited by balo

Which one is true?

The private DNA test.

If so, is that legal?

3: Give us an official news source about this , I am tired of reading social media BS on Facebook .

5. The island from what I read only have a few Thais living and working there . 80% of the workers are immigrants . The rest are tourists. Only bar/restaurant/hotel owners and a few hi-so Thais live there and as we know a few rich families.

So what are the odds that a foreigner did this ? Very low when you look at the numbers.

And of course we have one local police man who said the famous words: A Thai Could Not Have Done This . well this was one man only , he do not represent RTP . But since that comment was made public everyone is using it against the whole police force in Thailand.

3. Check yourself if you are that interested, its all there in national media and not Bs from social media.

5. Thats a stupid statement, and you know it.

The one local policeman was the man in charge and he DID represent the RTP as he is the boss. EVERYONE is using it??

You obviously are not too adept at reading the posts that dont suit you are you?

I have stated I have a number of friends in the RTP and they are not all bad.

I have no conclusions whatsoever, including the family but I am asking questions, if thats ok with you, that is.

• Like 1

Which one is true?

The private DNA test.

If so, is that legal?

3. Check yourself if you are that interested, its all there in national media and not Bs from social media.

5. Thats a stupid statement, and you know it.

The one local policeman was the man in charge and he DID represent the RTP as he is the boss. EVERYONE is using it??

You obviously are not too adept at reading the posts that dont suit you are you?

I have stated I have a number of friends in the RTP and they are not all bad.

I have no conclusions whatsoever, including the family but I am asking questions, if thats ok with you, that is.

I have tried to google for it. Nothing in Bangkok Post or other thai/english newsmedia. Pleade show us a link to a credible news source. Edited by balo
  • Like 1

There was a very interesting special report in yesterday's Hoon Thai (Thai stocks), the stock market investors' trade paper, detailing all the holdings in speculative small cap stocks recently acquired by the police chief and his family. These positions, largely in companies that have been losing money and are in financial trouble, have been acquired through private placements which place the police chief and family on the top shareholders' list. In the case of Watana Capital (WAT), a small company whose core business in the past appeared to be developing properties and selling them at a loss but now owns 7.5% of The Nation, he has actually emerged as the largest shareholder following a B360m investment by his daughter and himself. Another family member has also become a major shareholder of Picnic Corporation (PICNI), a troubled company formerly connected to politicians that is currently suspended from trading. Picnic is process of doing a merger or takeover of World Gas, where the police chief's daughter has been appointed CEO at a fairly young age. Other stocks where they have subscribed to sizeable private placements are MLINK (a Shinawatra family mobile phone selling business) and Acqua (AQ). Recent investments run to hundreds of millions of baht and some have moved up substantially following the placements, e.g. WAT has moved up from the placement price of B0.036 to B0.06 (after briefly touching B0.09) making for a paper profit of B36 B238m in a few weeks. The reporter mentioned that the police chief's family were not previously known to be active stock market investors and wondered, if they had suddenly become such high profile investors as beginners or had cut their teeth investing behind the scenes over a period of years. He wonders out aloud if the public was aware of their police chief's alternative profession as a stock investor involved in takeover type transactions. At any rate it would be difficult for normal people to maintain this exciting level of investment activity without being distracted from their day jobs.

This is not rumour, idle speculation or distorted information. It is a brief summary of an article that appeared in a Thai newspaper yesterday that was based on publicly available information, as reported to the Securities Exchange of Thailand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

1. My son left for Bangkok this morning, early, I dont know what time.

2. I havent seen my son for 2 weeks / a month ( time depending on what national media you read.

Which one is true?

Dont want to write a book so I want to ask a few things about the boys DNA test.

The private DNA test.

If so, is that legal?

Some great questions and points Dennis, not talking about conspiracies or hear say, every point was stated in the press quoting the police.

How do they forget so quickly what was fed to the press?

Edited by changnaam

There was a very interesting special report in yesterday's Hoon Thai (Thai stocks), the stock market investors' trade paper, detailing all the holdings in speculative small cap stocks recently acquired by the police chief and his family. These positions, largely in companies that have been losing money and are in financial trouble, have been acquired through private placements which place the police chief and family on the top shareholders' list. In the case of Watana Capital (WAT), a small company whose core business in the past appeared to be developing properties and selling them at a loss but now owns 7.5% of The Nation, he has actually emerged as the largest shareholder following a B360m investment by his daughter and himself. Another family member has also become a major shareholder of Picnic Corporation (PICNI), a troubled company formerly connected to politicians that is currently suspended from trading. Picnic is process of doing a merger or takeover of World Gas, where the police chief's daughter has been appointed CEO at a fairly young age. Other stocks where they have subscribed to sizeable private placements are MLINK (a Shinawatra family mobile phone selling business) and Acqua (AQ). Recent investments run to hundreds of millions of baht and some have moved up substantially following the placements, e.g. WAT has moved up from the placement price of B0.036 to B0.06 (after briefly touching B0.09) making for a paper profit of B36 B238m in a few weeks. The reporter mentioned that the police chief's family were not previously known to be active stock market investors and wondered, if they had suddenly become such high profile investors as beginners or had cut their teeth investing behind the scenes over a period of years. He wonders out aloud if the public was aware of their police chief's alternative profession as a stock investor involved in takeover type transactions. At any rate it would be difficult for normal people to maintain this exciting level of investment activity without being distracted from their day jobs.

This is not rumour, idle speculation or distorted information. It is a brief summary of an article that appeared in a Thai newspaper yesterday that was based on publicly available information, as reported to the Securities Exchange of Thailand.

we don't know how this current experimet will end but

we know one thing

once the financial reporters get hold of something they don't like,

they don't let go

one too many press conferences tends to piss people off

If the case comes to court, the defense has the option of calling the UK police as witnesses. If that is done, the evidence presented will not be couched in diplomatic niceties. I suspect that is one factor weighing heavily on the minds of the Thai authorities as they try to decide whether to pursue the stitch-up of the Burmese kids to a conclusion.

If the case comes to court, the defense has the option of calling the UK police as witnesses. If that is done, the evidence presented will not be couched in diplomatic niceties. I suspect that is one factor weighing heavily on the minds of the Thai authorities as they try to decide whether to pursue the stitch-up of the Burmese kids to a conclusion.

You are mistaken.

The UK police have no standing. They didn't participate in the investigation. They were not there during the investigation. They were allowed to review /observe but didn't witness the investigation. They are not experts in Thai law.