National police chief warns against distorted information on Koh Tao murder

Lite Beer

Well said that man.

How dare he issue threats, when his force can't investigate the horrific murder of two guests in his country.

Sort your own house out fist, then you have the right to look elsewhere.

Warn us? Warn me? I'm going to warn you!! ...you corrupt m@#$%%er Your days of corruption are coming to an end...as well as your mafia-ties and paid-protection services! Warn us? Two Brits were viciously killed with great hate and anger; two Burmese were in place to take the guilt away from your true bosses...the mafia...WE ARE WARNING YOU ..SIR!!

Display your media-ops behind a glass pane...what a facade. It doesn't matter the results because we all know you tampered with the evidence/DNA anyway. What's the matter can't stand the light of the social-media doing your f#$%^ing job? Making you look like the lying and corrupt SOB that you are?

• Like 2

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD You have obviously spent many hours studying this case, and your defence of the Head Man's family has been totally committed.

Have you not the slightest doubt about the guilt of the 2 Burmese?

I have the opposite view of yours, I have grave doubts about the RTP investigation, in my opinion the Burmese are scapegoats BUT there is still nagging doubts and I will listnen to any argument to prove I am wrong......

Yesterday's circus was just that a circus, why the test and why in public? why in front of the Chief of Police?

But, please explain why Nomsod took a DNA test, when he was in Bangkok at the time.

The solution to prove his innocence is so easy... let the UK investigators take his DNA sample and conduct their own test. If it comes back as negative then there will be no doubts. Of course they can continue attempting to save face (or as some suspect covering up a crime) in which regardless if the tests come back as negative few, if any, will believe it.

If it was my son I would insist that the British investigators did the test so as to finally lay this to rest and exonerate him. If you have nothing to hide and truly believe in his innocence then this is the only sensible course of action.

Your supposition is wrong. People would still harass him, claiming some other issues.

He did what people asked and volunteered for a test taken publicly and run in 4 different labs.

JD You have obviously spent many hours studying this case, and your defence of the Head Man's family has been totally committed.

Have you not the slightest doubt about the guilt of the 2 Burmese?

I have the opposite view of yours, I have grave doubts about the RTP investigation, in my opinion the Burmese are scapegoats BUT there is still nagging doubts and I will listnen to any argument to prove I am wrong......

Yesterday's circus was just that a circus, why the test and why in public? why in front of the Chief of Police?

But, please explain why Nomsod took a DNA test, when he was in Bangkok at the time.

The solution to prove his innocence is so easy... let the UK investigators take his DNA sample and conduct their own test. If it comes back as negative then there will be no doubts. Of course they can continue attempting to save face (or as some suspect covering up a crime) in which regardless if the tests come back as negative few, if any, will believe it.

If it was my son I would insist that the British investigators did the test so as to finally lay this to rest and exonerate him. If you have nothing to hide and truly believe in his innocence then this is the only sensible course of action.

Your supposition is wrong. People would still harass him, claiming some other issues.

He did what people asked and volunteered for a test taken publicly and run in 4 different labs.

Read either of the articles about that topic.

it seems whatever the real outcome of this investigation it has stirred up a huge amount of anger and resentment in the expat community towards the police and other authorities .... can't see this current dictum doing much to help.

The anger was always here ... have you never read Thaivisa before? wink.png

No different than there always being some distrust towards police. Thais have been angry for a long time regarding those who have and those who don't seeing different levels of justice.

This case just brought it to a head do to a number of factors but starting with the claim from the Governor (or someone down there) that said something to the effect a Thai could never do this crime. I have never seen the direct quote and hopefully I am not mistaken this as fact when it isn't but it has been repeated so much that this was said it really doesn't matter if it is true or not.

Anyway, that one idiotic comment came from some Thai that is like many of the posters here who who believe they are superior thought almost all of this comes from a low self-esteem. My guess is that the moron Thai who said this said it because he had what he thought was inside info that the crime was committed by a foreigner ... remember the blonde hair?

But this is what set many people off for a number of reasons including that it meant they intended to pin this on a non-Thai at any cost and it was just upsetting to those with low self-esteem, like this Thai, who are constantly trying to show their superiority over all things Thai. Even in this thread you can see people who will accept no other outcome except that a Thai has committed this crime. No logic to this just they have convinced themselves.

Now add the police naming suspects early on and being confident they were the ones. Police everywhere do this with cases in terms of believing they got the right person only to find out they don;t. The difference is elsewhere they generally don't share this info publicly. So now they have created more doubt and just a sense they had no idea what they were doing. As well people didn't know what to believe.

Then add CSI Facebook which had already been going but took off HUGE when they brought up the phone conspiracy that was later debunked. Now people found a way to believe they could make a difference by either solving the case on their own (without knowing any real details of most of the investigation) and also believed they could hurt the police and/or Thailand if they uncover corruption and cover-up. People were in the right state of mind to be lured like lemmings off a cliff with such promises of emotional satisfaction these theories , if they can get people to believe, will bring them.

There you have it -- Police have always been skeptical of police but they have no problem calling out to hang-em high in other cases where the evidence is less but this time a perfect storm of events happened to make many people lose their logic and enter fantasy about the power they have to solve a case and hurt those they don't like.

Sadly, the result is going to be the next time they scream Cover-up or Conspiracy Theory, regardless if trues, most will just point and say the nutters are at it again because they really have lost most all credibility except to those in their conspiracy group. But still, I do see more and more dropping out of this group and coming to their senses. They may not trust the police or the facts of this case but they have stopped with the nonsense theories.

Wow, how much does TV pay you to type such a huge pile of shi... shill?

• Like 1

One more point

Where were the British Police currently "Observing" this investigation yesterday when Mr Nomsod was having his test?

Where they in attendance?.....NO

Where they invited?

Why were they not there.

If I was Mr Nomsods father I would insist the British Police were in attendance and I would publicly ask them if they were happy with his son's test procedure.

The absence and silence of the British Police Officers spoke a 1000 words.

• Like 1

Well, how about the citizens and expats who have made this country home, warning the police there will be no tolerance of the mishandling of this case, and accepting the possibility of the wrong people having been charged with this murder, due to their unwillingness to charge people who are rich, powerful and connected? How about that? Intimidating the public into shutting up, and trying to make this go away, because it is inconvenient, is not an intelligent approach Mr. National Police Chief. Getting your guys to do effective work, is the right approach. Imagine that sir.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

What happened to this evidence? Lost between Surat Thani and Bangkok?

Ooops! They did forget about that statement?

Yes - implicate them in the murders - and that opens up another possibility. This is conjecture/speculation: maybe it was more important for the son to 'prove' he was in BKK than on Koh Tao because he could have been an eye-witness. Maybe he was threatened by others to make himself scarce. Once his lawyer produced the CCTV picture, the RTP accepted he wasn't at the crime scene and didn't pursue the DNA route at that time. And, so why should he do so? He was cleared.

Now, with the case wrapped-up he could endure this media audience without any danger of implication. So I hope that the UKP would want to observe what evidence was found to implicate him in the murders in the beginning.

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 1

who are the 3 people on the motorbike supposed to be - none of them match the person in the cctv footage on the right, different shirt (shorter slieves) and different coloured shorts, the hair doesn't seem to match either - the mind boggles

I fear with your post you already jumped the cue on the list of arrest warrants issued for having a different opinion than those guys who call themselves cops.

Nomsod the results are in....................NEGATIVE

Wow I'm shocked

but lets congratulate the Police Hospital, A new WORLD RECORD FOR DNA TESTING 14 HOURS!!

Wow how does Thailand do in 14 hours that the West's finest take a minimum of 72 hours

BINGO!!!

Now the new hub of DNA testing becomes the winner of Guinness Book of Records for fastest DNA testing. What a wonderful development in just 4 weeks. Beat that.

14 Hour DNA Test...Check

British Ambassador Delighted with the RTP PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATION....check

The British Police Force Delighted with the RTP PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATION ....Check

Ebola Cure......Check

No1 Rice Exporter......Check

Red Shirts Removed......Check

Status Quo Resumed.....Check

The Poor put back in there place......Check

Two More Ferrangs Dead.....Check (who cares)

WOW

AMAZING THAILAND

Edited by BoristheBlade
  • Like 2

Mon was allegedly locked up for 2 days. Well that matches the first top dog saying they had CCTV footage of him and another family member. Money comes in, old top dog out, new top dog in. Now Mons innocent and investigation becomes a farce. Next we c Mon and off duty police officer threatening Sean. I guess once the money was paid the police had to help Mon no matter what. Basically, like now you've been paid, you cop come with me to round up our patsy... I'm in charge now.

There's a theory that certainly ticks lots of boxes from police statements etc... A 70% match is high.

• Like 1

I blocked that Troll JTJ, and he knows it.

But he still follows me around replying.

Creepy.

Know this Troll, I don't read anything you write.

facepalm.gif

How do you know he is replying?

It will give you a notice on the bottom left of your message.

And an option to view it anyway.

Edited by iReason

Would anyone reckon that the police want to let alone have the capability to sift through every online discussion that has gone on on the web about this case so far?

This guy should know better than to make idle threats. Pathetic attempt at threatening the people and hardly helpful in trying to get the public to provide information if they have any.

• Like 1

What a sad state of affairs for questioning or second guessing an investigation one could end up in jail...this place is turning into a facist state more and more everyday..police and those in charge are slicing a big load in their drawers because they realise there isn't anything they can do to escape the powers of social media...what are they going to do arrest every single one of us who speaks an opinion

Edited by Smurkster

Disagree, lets forget about all the modern tech, lets get down to good old fashioned investigation.

Lets gets some detectives doing door to door asking questions.

IE Mr Nomsod and Mr Mon where were you on the night of the murders

Mr Chubby stingray tooth ring, where were you on the fateful night?

Bangkok University, was Mr Nomsod at his halls of residence as stated?

Who's phone was "found" near the Burmese residence

Where is the full cctv footage

Who was the guy in the No9 shirt shaking hands with the deceased

People on Koh Tao know what happened here, go and find them, offer them cash , offer them protection

Its been a long time since the murders..And now they decide to give DNA,,The police have had plenty of time ,,To plant DNA,,To corrupt the suspects,,HOW ABOUT A POLYGRAPH,,Conducted by the British police,,Then see who agrees to it,,

Edited by BoristheBlade

BTW we need to congratulate the police chief on being a very astute stock investor. He and his wife subscribed to a private placement in Wattana Capital to the tune of 360 million baht at B.036 announced to the SET following the company's board meeting on 6 October. The penny tock of this loss making property developer was up another 16% today to B0.07, so they have just doubled their money in under a month. Not bad. Being such an astute stock picker maybe he will be tempted to quit low paid police work to play the market full time.

Is this true? How do you know?

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

Even if there a match?

Its been a long time since the murders..And now they decide to give DNA,,The police have had plenty of time ,,To plant DNA,,To corrupt the suspects,,HOW ABOUT A POLYGRAPH,,Conducted by the British police,,Then see who agrees to it,,

Do you really think they have faked the DNA?

I thought the original profile was done in Singapore and should therefore be available for comparisons.

Let the UK police look at the samples of the Burmese and this other guy and compare them.

How about all named suspects , about 8 including the burmy 2 giving their DNA to be tested by the brits.

How many hands will go up then.

Probably only 2

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang today warned of tough legal action for anyone who posted false information on the social network criticizing the handling of the Koh Tao murder case by the police which he said could cause rift and a threat to economy the real truth to emerge.

• Like 2

Warn us? Warn me? I'm going to warn you!! ...you corrupt m@#$%%er Your days of corruption are coming to an end...as well as your mafia-ties and paid-protection services! Warn us? Two Brits were viciously killed with great hate and anger; two Burmese were in place to take the guilt away from your true bosses...the mafia...WE ARE WARNING YOU ..SIR!!

Display your media-ops behind a glass pane...what a facade. It doesn't matter the results because we all know you tampered with the evidence/DNA anyway. What's the matter can't stand the light of the social-media doing your f#$%^ing job? Making you look like the lying and corrupt SOB that you are?

I Am proud of you, for standing up for what you believe in. Even when being threatened.

• Like 1

By the police hospital. So the police are investigating themselves.

Is there a conflict there i wonder?