National police chief warns against distorted information on Koh Tao murder

Lite Beer

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the difference between legal action and tough legal action mr. Watever?

And...

As long as there is no transparency (and that includes your assets) we foreigners and many Thai will keep on bugging you.

Seems normal and fair to me.

The spin doctors are out in force, attempting to head off the backlash that will inevitably happen when the Burmese guys are found guilty.

It's all so disgusting and reprehensible. A real affront to the notion of fairness and justice.

Even if you are right, which I don't think you are, it doesn't give the chief of police the right, to tell us to shut up!!

Your post were accepted here, where most posters disagree with you!! It is called the freedom of speech!!

If we had not realised it before, this is much bigger than just protecting his friend,the headman!!

Supplying drugs to the 3 islands is a billion baht franchise, which the BIB under no circumstances will allow to be interrupted!!

Day before yesterday, our friend here bought shares on SET for 360 million baht (in his wifes name) in a company called WAT.

I read in BP 04.10.2014 that:

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang has 246.4 million baht in assets and his wife has 128.2 million baht in assets. With the couple's liabilities of 18.8 million baht, their net worth is 355.8 million.
His assets include a number of watches, rings and firearms as well as 12 famous Buddha amulets worth 25 million
Did he sell all his rings, watches and Buddha amulets for the SET trade?

Please can you post a link to the source?

Try www.settrade.com find"get quote">type WAT Under company news, you will find the transactions dated 28/10.

He and his wife bought shares for 360 million baht. He is a major shareholder in SLC as well, so I guess he has been a little less than truthfull with his assets-declaration!!

So in my opinion, his fear of social media has nothing to do with the Koh Tao case, but is all about his own little house of cards!!

But remember Prayuth has reminded us not to "dig", because they are the good people, only working with Thailands interests in sight!!

My backside!! They are all equally rotten and corrupt!!bah.gif

Amazing , have just looked the above up, on settrade under WAT, his surname is spelt Poompanmoung and his 'wife' is Ms, same address, he bought 7,500,000,000

, shares and she and she 2,550,000,000. on the 28/10.

I find this quite incredible, maybe Andrew Drummond , who is on fd should be made aware, he has many press contacts in the UK.

How can this be done on a bib salary.

Just wow....

Many foreigners make these posts from all over the world. Is mr. Whoever going to put these people into jail.

Wake up and think mr. Whoever, by making such blatant threats you are diminishing tourist arrivals, the thing you are just preventing from happening.

So you sleuths.

We now also have a never before seen "red shirt" CCTV clip from the 14th September showing Nomsod entering his condo at 13:04. The relevant bit starts at 3.44.

Then check out the clip at 4:29, which clearly shows the table and chairs have been moved, and at 4:36 it is shown that the area has been cleared, some flowers are at the right of the door and a poster has been stuck up on the left.

Only one question.

When did this happen?

• Like 2

I have just been looking at some clips you tube the first clip shows the police going to the crime scene and inspecting the hoe lying on the beach next to a condom.

The second youtube clips shows the hoe in a different area with a small fence around it .

Wouldn't the pollice take the hoe away for forensics ?

I hope the mods will allow these clips to put these clips up as it is a very important part of this case,

1st clip

2nd clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OYkmyOLP4

I am sure the english police would not do this the same way.

My GF's brother in law got knocked off his bike up in the home-town and is in intensive care. The car who did it (pulling out from a junction) is trying to pay a very small amount.

We called the police who check our house locally for advice. He said they should go and promise to pay the police a bribe so they will be on the side of the victim. If the other side do it first, they won't get much money (which they really need as he cannot work now).

I can't tell you how sickened I am with this : the guy is laid with a badly broken leg which they can't touch until his lung damage heals enough to allow surgery.

All I can say is the cops deserve all the bad press they get in cases like this. It's about time something was done to sort them out.

"...pay the police a bribe so they will be on the side of the victim."

I was on one of the islands for many years.

What you say, was standard practice. wai2.gifwai.gif

Right out in the open.

• Like 1

he should really sue himself, by making these statements hes just reminding the world that Thailand is a military dictatorship where free speech is not allowed, not exactly the kind of place the average tourist wants to holiday in, alltho he might attract a few of the curious that cant get visas into North Korea if he keeps trying

• Like 1

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

What? Not even if it's a match?

It cannot be a match when it has already been matched to the suspects in custody. It is an impossibility he could also match unless he is an identical twin of one of the Burmese in custody for the crimes.

It would be like looking outside for you car when you already confirmed it was in the garage. Of course this is being done to try to help the silly and ignorant claims by conspiracy theorist but to do so one needs to do stupid things like perform a test for which the answer is already answered before realizing the conspiracy nuts will never stop and just get more outlandish and silly in their theories.

You seem to have forgotten the 3rd DNA sample that was found on Hannah's nipple...

• Like 1

who are the 3 people on the motorbike supposed to be - none of them match the person in the cctv footage on the right, different shirt (shorter slieves) and different coloured shorts, the hair doesn't seem to match either - the mind boggles

BTW we need to congratulate the police chief on being a very astute stock investor. He and his wife subscribed to a private placement in Wattana Capital to the tune of 360 million baht at B.036 announced to the SET following the company's board meeting on 6 October. The penny tock of this loss making property developer was up another 16% today to B0.07, so they have just doubled their money in under a month. Not bad. Being such an astute stock picker maybe he will be tempted to quit low paid police work to play the market full time.

ThB 360m = approx GBP 7m.

That's the sort of size of investments merchant banks, pensions investment managers and fund managers make. Hardly loose change and a lot of money to invest in one chunk.

Another Warren Buffet?

• Like 1

it seems whatever the real outcome of this investigation it has stirred up a huge amount of anger and resentment in the expat community towards the police and other authorities .... can't see this current dictum doing much to help.

Edited by wilcopops

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

What happened to this evidence? Lost between Surat Thani and Bangkok?

Ooops! They did forget about that statement?

"Pol Gen Somyot, however, made clear that the DNA test on the son would have no impact on the police case file which has been finished with all circumstantial and forensic evidence submitted to the prosecutor for indictment of the two Myanmar suspects."

It cannot be a match when it has already been matched to the suspects in custody. It is an impossibility he could also match unless he is an identical twin of one of the Burmese in custody for the crimes.

It would be like looking outside for you car when you already confirmed it was in the garage. Of course this is being done to try to help the silly and ignorant claims by conspiracy theorist but to do so one needs to do stupid things like perform a test for which the answer is already answered before realizing the conspiracy nuts will never stop and just get more outlandish and silly in their theories.

DNA generate match probabilities of 1 in a quintillion, we must be due for one by now?

• Like 1

Who are the conspiracy nuts?

The people that have shot holes in contradicting statements made by the police? The people who have recognised that this looks like a cover up and voiced it as such?

I suppose you think that everything is lovely jubbly and the Police deserved the reward that they were promised.. Perhaps the British government should also be on your list as they have now sent some members of Scotland Yard.

basically it all looks like a mess and when people think they are not getting the truth they will start to comment on what they think the truth is.

• Like 1

it seems whatever the real outcome of this investigation it has stirred up a huge amount of anger and resentment in the expat community towards the police and other authorities .... can't see this current dictum doing much to help.

The anger was always here ... have you never read Thaivisa before? wink.png

No different than there always being some distrust towards police. Thais have been angry for a long time regarding those who have and those who don't seeing different levels of justice.

This case just brought it to a head do to a number of factors but starting with the claim from the Governor (or someone down there) that said something to the effect a Thai could never do this crime. I have never seen the direct quote and hopefully I am not mistaken this as fact when it isn't but it has been repeated so much that this was said it really doesn't matter if it is true or not.

Anyway, that one idiotic comment came from some Thai that is like many of the posters here who who believe they are superior thought almost all of this comes from a low self-esteem. My guess is that the moron Thai who said this said it because he had what he thought was inside info that the crime was committed by a foreigner ... remember the blonde hair?

But this is what set many people off for a number of reasons including that it meant they intended to pin this on a non-Thai at any cost and it was just upsetting to those with low self-esteem, like this Thai, who are constantly trying to show their superiority over all things Thai. Even in this thread you can see people who will accept no other outcome except that a Thai has committed this crime. No logic to this just they have convinced themselves.

Now add the police naming suspects early on and being confident they were the ones. Police everywhere do this with cases in terms of believing they got the right person only to find out they don;t. The difference is elsewhere they generally don't share this info publicly. So now they have created more doubt and just a sense they had no idea what they were doing. As well people didn't know what to believe.

Then add CSI Facebook which had already been going but took off HUGE when they brought up the phone conspiracy that was later debunked. Now people found a way to believe they could make a difference by either solving the case on their own (without knowing any real details of most of the investigation) and also believed they could hurt the police and/or Thailand if they uncover corruption and cover-up. People were in the right state of mind to be lured like lemmings off a cliff with such promises of emotional satisfaction these theories , if they can get people to believe, will bring them.

There you have it -- Police have always been skeptical of police but they have no problem calling out to hang-em high in other cases where the evidence is less but this time a perfect storm of events happened to make many people lose their logic and enter fantasy about the power they have to solve a case and hurt those they don't like.

Sadly, the result is going to be the next time they scream Cover-up or Conspiracy Theory, regardless if trues, most will just point and say the nutters are at it again because they really have lost most all credibility except to those in their conspiracy group. But still, I do see more and more dropping out of this group and coming to their senses. They may not trust the police or the facts of this case but they have stopped with the nonsense theories.

• Like 2