Has anybody used khan academy in for teaching?

brianp0803

I am curios if anybody has used khanacademy for teaching or additional learning.

I used it before but they have done major changes to make it "teacher friendly" but I can understand how to use it now.

Edit by SlyAnimal: Removed link to commercial site.

I've been using Khan Academy with my G10-12 students at my new school this year. Obviously you need a computer / projector in the classroom or regular access to a computer lab. Unfortunately the students hate it! Maybe its because they can't cheat / copy. They seem to hate the '5 in a row' concept & don't understand that they have to learn from their mistakes. Also, it's a steep learning curve to learn how to use the system, especially as most don't listen, and it is very 'buggy' on tablets.

Repeat 100 times: Thai students only like paper & rote learning. smile.png

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

I wouldn't consider it a commercial site. As far as I know it is completely free. Not sure how they generate money. As far as I know purely free for educational purposes.

Are the students answering individual on their tablets?

You mentioned using a projector.

It is frustrating that you need 5 correct answers in a row. After 3 correct answer start being very careful.

Graded assignments?

I was thinking of using it as supplemental work for low performing but it relies on self motivated learning