18-year-old with braces becomes Miss Teen Thailand

webfact

18-year-old with braces becomes Miss Teen Thailand
By Coconuts Bangkok

teens_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An 18-year-old business major was named the kingdom’s most beautiful teenage girl at a pageant in the capital last night.

Patnida “Mind” Pumchoosang won Miss Teen Thailand 2014 with her cute bracely smile and baby face at the competition held last night at the Bangkok Convention Center in Central Ladprao.

Mind was awarded THB300,000 cash and a THB700,000 modeling contract.

Although hundreds of Miss Thailands emerge from hundreds of beauty pageants each year, it’s worth noting Miss Teen Thailand is considered the most prestigious of those for girls 15 to 18.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/31/18-year-old-braces-becomes-miss-teen-thailand

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-31

So a Miss Teen Thailand is based solely on looks? Even being "smiley" there must be a bit more depth to this thing. The one giving the award probably is last years winner.

The one giving the prize looks about 45, so last years Miss Teen winner, no.

Whilst not being judged solely on looks, I'm thinking being over 40 would likely disqualify her from winning.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Back in my teenage days, braces were something you would be ashamed of and the greatest day in your life was when the dentist removed them. It's a sick world...

I wonder in which decade it will be chic to sit in a wheelchair or be disfigured...

Looking at the girl, all I can say is BORING!

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

My thoughts when seeing her was the average thai college student, except the ones on campus tend to wear their uniforms in a sexier fashion than this gown. Ofcourse no Thai gal with and skin pigment will ever be considered beautiful. Their culture not ours.

My first thoughts were of the talent contests and this lady must of really stood out until a reader reminded us of the most beautiful teen announcement. Oh well..congrats to the young lady.