Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't an earlier report say it would take a least two days to get the results back? Was the entire process observed by the British police?

The latest revelation is just going to cause more suspicion that there already was; for instance, how does anyone know that the boys DNA samples wasn't tampered with or even swapped for someone else?

The lack of transparency in this case is staggering - I just hope that the world doesn't forget nor forgive Thailand until a full and independent transparent investigation is conducted - preferably by the British.

• Like 1

By now. The highest police whatever, has ordered us to keep our mouth shut.

It is not any longer allowed to talk about this topic in social networks etc.

What that means, everybody knows.

Thailand need to get rid of them all. They are not better than the recent government.

On Sunday Night Australian TV are airing Cops caught on Hidden camera inThailand in a scam-

They *(Australia ) now devote a weekly show to Thai Corruption called Embassy-

This case is sure to make the grade -

As someone said it might even make a script for a movie - if it warns then i guess its useful.

Someone else seemed to take offence That i seem to have less confidence in the Justice system under the Thai Junta?

Thats amusing but hardly worth explaining why -

Seeing as how they seem to control that too.

It took so long for these people to finally come forward to do this, I think that all credibility of this testing is gone.

It also seem that the police are controlling all aspects of it again, which doesn't make me a believer either.

There is NO WAY that a DNA match was going to be announced, regardless of the results, as it would have completely destroyed the integrity and credibility of the BIB.

The obvious farce continues!

• Like 2

I hope the real twist in this travesty will arrive when the British forensics ask for his sample and at the same time the Thai police have no idea that Heathers body produced another sample back in the UK after repatriation. This is the only thing that can prove this case now. If our far more advanced forensic experts have somehow managed to get a DNA sample of her murderers the hit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

I wonder whether Pol Gen Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang is following this thread?

/Edit: Link to another forum deleted.

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

Edited by Jai Dee
link to another forum deleted

I was under the believe that Proper DNA tests take a fair time to process and should be done in Forensic Laboratory.....all this rushed testing is crap and the pommy cops should insist on a proper forensic test, not just some local thai hospital.....

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html ..confirms this....thumbsup.gif

This is the 21st Century. In many labs all ower the world, DNA test results are available within a few hours, if using the most advanced methods: http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Express-DNA-Testing

Maybe so but even the RTP admitted when the first round of DNA tests were about to happen that Thailand didn't even have the facilities in place to see if it was Asian or Caucasian DNA and thats why it was suggested to have them done in Singapore

"Result of the Police hospital’s test showed that the DNA of Mr Warot’s tissue sample did not match with the DNA of the criminal suspect found in[side] the body of one of the two victims, Ms Hannah Witheridge.

All that proves is that he didn't rape Hannah. It doesn't mean that he might not have had a hand in murdering the two young Britons.

It was clear from the beginning that he finally only submitted to the belated test because he was sure the result would be negative.

Has there no other DNA been collected from elsewhere on the crime scene? How about that strand of hair that was allegedly recovered from Hannah's hand? What about that cigarette butt allegedly found at the scene? Oh, that disappeared, right? How about that used condom? Oh right, that wasn't even regarded as evidence. Why not?

Why is there only and always talk about the DNA recovered from inside Hannah's body?

And what assurances are there that this allegedly recovered DNA to which Nomsod's sample was compared really did come from Hannah's body?

Excellent points , the Chief here has said , right you are hundred percent you did'nt rape her, ok thats from another accomplice ,great you will pass no probs , 100 %.

Id like him to say who it is on the cctv footage, if its not him he will certainlyknow , the UK police would be right on to this back home !

Also David was not killed by a hoe, it was a small knife, never found , although everything else was, and yes were did the condom go , the bin eh.

This is a total farse, from start and i hope not to finish, common UK start asking the right questions, your not going to get away with a whitewash as well.

• Like 1

I was under the believe that Proper DNA tests take a fair time to process and should be done in Forensic Laboratory.....all this rushed testing is crap and the pommy cops should insist on a proper forensic test, not just some local thai hospital.....

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html ..confirms this....thumbsup.gif

This is the 21st Century. In many labs all ower the world, DNA test results are available within a few hours, if using the most advanced methods: http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Express-DNA-Testing

You're confusing professionals with the local farce- major difference!

Thailand should definitely be put in the 2015 World Guinness as the fastest growing corruption in history.

It has never happened to see a country increasing its corruption so fast in just 6 months.(probably by a trillion times).

I don't think any country could ever attempt to bat this record other than Thailand itself.

Oh yes ! Thailand has the most advanced technology. I forgot that ! Sorry, I didn't mean to question the Thai superiority....sorry...

I think it is time that any residents on Koh Tao to tell anything they know about that night - i know they wont tell the RTP due to mistrust but surely an appeal could be put out with an free english number to phone ( surely the parents / lawyers could do this)

I cannot understand why there is no conclusive evidence showing nomsod on the island( photos , witnesses seeing him in bar etc)

I am hoping that all British witnesses have told the police in england

I hope the real twist in this travesty will arrive when the British forensics ask for his sample and at the same time the Thai police have no idea that Heathers body produced another sample back in the UK after repatriation. This is the only thing that can prove this case now. If our far more advanced forensic experts have somehow managed to get a DNA sample of her murderers the hit-the-fan.gif

This would be a great development -

I hope the Thais haven't scrubbed the victim (female) completely clean of evidence and some micro level evidence was there- and taken.

Its very likely the Brits would have ordered a very top level forensic examination once she made UK soil.

It would really (As the Equalizer said) If the Thais Co-operate and pass on a sample , or they have one already and its a match - that would be SH*T hitting the fan-

"Result of the Police hospital’s test showed that the DNA of Mr Warot’s tissue sample did not match with the DNA of the criminal suspect found in[side] the body of one of the two victims, Ms Hannah Witheridge.

All that proves is that he didn't rape Hannah. It doesn't mean that he might not have had a hand in murdering the two young Britons.

It was clear from the beginning that he finally only submitted to the belated test because he was sure the result would be negative.

Has there no other DNA been collected from elsewhere on the crime scene? How about that strand of hair that was allegedly recovered from Hannah's hand? What about that cigarette butt allegedly found at the scene? Oh, that disappeared, right? How about that used condom? Oh right, that wasn't even regarded as evidence. Why not?

Why is there only and always talk about the DNA recovered from inside Hannah's body?

And what assurances are there that this allegedly recovered DNA to which Nomsod's sample was compared really did come from Hannah's body?

There was a third DNA trace - saliva, reported on Channel 3 during an interview with police pathologist(s).

• Like 1

Must be worth contacting ''The Guinness Book of records'' so as to confirm the result as the fastest ever conclusive D.N.A. test ever completed but possibly creative in its result(s)

I personally do not believe the results , but DNA testing can be done fairly quickly actually, the delays are usually caused when batches sent by various souces are accumulated before a run of samples are analysed .

Why does it take so long to get DNA results?

DNA analysis involves four main steps: extraction, quantification, amplification and genotyping. Once a genetic profile is obtained, the data must be interpreted and peer reviewed. Each of these steps is detail-intensive and time consuming and may take up to several hours for a single sample.

http://dps.alaska.gov/CrimeLab/DNA.aspx

Nakajima, on 31 Oct 2014 - 15:21, said:

This goes to show that nothing has changed in Thailand, corruption is still at all times high even with army boy in charge.

Pity those fools who believed it would be any better.

It is way better now... for some people.

SCAM! Impossible to get DNA testing done so quickly. The DNA testing was reported in the Nation today I believe. DNA testing without any baclog etc, just the actual testing takes 54 hours and 15 minutes on average. Read this; http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml A forensic analyst takes us step by step through the processes and tells us exactly how long each step takes. If this doesn't convince any doubters then I guess nothing will. Private companies with offer express DNA testing within 72 hours.....

Edited by Alwyn

Oh yes ! Thailand has the most advanced technology. I forgot that ! Sorry, I didn't mean to question the Thai superiority....sorry...

Thais cured EBOLA last week.

Thais didn't crash that NASA rocket. They can't spell ROCKET.

Thais can do DNA in less time than any country on the planet.

They have secret brains that we don't know about.

• Like 1

Must be worth contacting ''The Guinness Book of records'' so as to confirm the result as the fastest ever conclusive D.N.A. test ever completed but possibly creative in its result(s)

I personally do not believe the results , but DNA testing can be done fairly quickly actually, the delays are usually caused when batches sent by various souces are accumulated before a run of samples are analysed .

Why does it take so long to get DNA results?

DNA analysis involves four main steps: extraction, quantification, amplification and genotyping. Once a genetic profile is obtained, the data must be interpreted and peer reviewed. Each of these steps is detail-intensive and time consuming and may take up to several hours for a single sample.

http://dps.alaska.gov/CrimeLab/DNA.aspx

It takes 54 hours 15 minutes if there's no backlog of cases. Blow by blow, step by step; http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml