Jerusalem holy site is reopened amid tension

Lite Beer

Al-Aqsa is, and has been for a while, a rallying/recruitment cause in the Islamic world. The story is that the Israelis are tearing the mosque down at this very moment! Not only false, but if you have a brain you might wonder why it takes so long to recklessly tear down a building. In Malaysia and Indonesia you'll see signs and posters about this, put up by factions with names like the Al-Aqsa Brigade.

I learned about al-Aqsa from this book

http://www.danielpipes.org/14/the-end-of-days-fundamentalism-and-the-struggle-for

Just reading this review of it may give you enough. Hint: it involves the Rapture and US Evangelicals.

Well, well, well, is peace breaking out?

Doesn't seem likely, but here is something.

PM: Temple Mount is our holiest site, but we won’t allow Jewish prayer there After Netanyahu promises to maintain the status quo, Abbas praises his call for calm

http://www.timesofisrael.com/pm-asks-cabinet-to-act-with-responsibility-on-temple-mount/

Frankly, I'm not religious but it doesn't seem right if this place is so important to some religious Jews that they can't pray there.

Al-Aqsa is, and has been for a while, a rallying/recruitment cause in the Islamic world.

Indeed, all of Yerushalayim / Jeursalem / al Quds has become a beacon for Islam.

On one hand there are lamenting Nasheeds like Al-Qodso Tonadeena (YouTube)

Jerusalem, you are our hope

Jerusalem will return to our nation

We will purify your virgin ground

And will run up on you our flags

Have patience sons of Palestine

Allah will relieve our agonies

Jerusalem will return to be our home

And will return to be our country

The dark night will never come

Except the dawn follows it with its brightness

On the other hand, ever popular militant Nasheeds like Sanakhudu (YouTube)

(incidentally, an .mp3 of Sanakhudu was on the Muslim Council of Britain's website for about 10 years)

We'll take our fights with them

We'll go as groups to stop them

We'll return our slain rights (territories)

With all force we'll push them out

By the weapon of truth

We'll free the land of the free

We'll return the pureness of Islam to Al-Quds

After our weakness and our humiliation

21:30 onwards (interviews prior to that are garbled with misunderstandings due to the language barrier)

Al-Aqsa is a political hot potato for Israel. Even during the height of the 1967 war they never shut the place down.

Jews are prohibited from praying at the Temple Mount.

The recent slaying of an extreme right ring Rabbi was because of his agenda that could open up another explosive issue in the Middle East.

The recent slaying of an extreme right ring Rabbi ...........

To clarify, it was an attempted slaying and he survived the atttempt (latest reports are, slight improvements).

"Extreme Right Wing" is not how I'd describe him, but each to their own.

the notion that israel isn't an aphartheid state is ridiculous beyond words..

The notion that Israel is an "Apartheid State" is just plain stupid, no matter how many times the Israel haters repeat it. It has been pointed out many times how silly that is and Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza are not citizens of Israel. They have chosen to be enemies of Israel. They don't count.

Yes, I know that Jews are involved with this website. I don't care. The facts are beyond dispute.

Not one single apartheid practice applies to Israel. Israel is by far the most racially mixed and tolerant nation in the entire Muslim Middle East. Arabs, who are about 20% of Israel’s population, enjoy, without any exception, the same rights and opportunities in all fields as their Jewish fellow citizens. The total equality of all Israelis is assured in Israel’s founding document.

http://www.factsandlogic.org/ad_121.html

That quote say's everything that is wrong with the Israeli supporters attitude, will not listen to anything apart from what they want to hear, totally closed minded and brain washed by the Zionists.

Im going to put it like this and then await your honest answer,

Imagine you and your family have made plans to go out for the night, lets say to visit another family member, meanwhile unknown to you, your movements are known at all times by an occupying force who are monitoring your property, at 2 a.m, a bunch of the illegal occupiers turn up to your home with a bunch of riot police and break into your home, when you return and obviously lose the plot and ask them what the hell is going on, they tell you that they have purchased your property and its theres now, but they can not produce any proof of this, ie paper work, contracts etc, and then they tell you to go away now because your home is now there home.

Now be honest with me, how would you feel??

This happens all the time, here is the link!!

http://972mag.com/settlers-take-over-7-e-jerusalem-homes-in-dead-of-night/97167/

• Like 1

The recent slaying of an extreme right ring Rabbi ...........

To clarify, it was an attempted slaying and he survived the atttempt (latest reports are, slight improvements).

"Extreme Right Wing" is not how I'd describe him, but each to their own.

Good point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODFRZxS8Yo

Is that Babba Boey from the Howard Stern show to Glicks left?

So let's check this. Israel has 20 percent Arab citizens. What Middle Eastern / North African country has 20 percent Jewish citizens? None? How about one percent? None. What about ,03 percent? None.

Interesting that Israel demonizers NEVER talk about what happened to the Jews in the Middle East / North Africa (outside Israel). coffee1.gif

Doesn't fit the narrative.

Yeah, sure, Israel is an apartheid state. Uh huh.

Edited by Jingthing

Right thats me, think id best get my coat before i get in trouble.

Adios

No one's going to get into trouble. Just have a normal conversation using reliable facts and don't get mad at each other.

's all good!

Adios

No one's going to get into trouble. Just have a normal conversation using reliable facts and don't get mad at each other.

's all good!

That's exactly what we are doing my old China ;)

• Like 1

Adios

's all good!

That's exactly what we are doing my old China ;)

I'd noticed and I'm very impressed.

Food for thought:

Yes it is food for thought, and good on him. Unfortunately I suspect that for his Muslim audience, he is preaching to the converted because for some reason I think the extremists would be in less than 2 degrees of connection with only a few of the audience. It will take time to reach them.

Similarly I suppose for the few Jewish videos that beseech the same sentiments but from an Israeli POV.

It also serves to show that Muslims are speaking out.

Do you think for a moment that if this transaction was above board and legal that they would turn up at 2 a.m when they knew that the occupants were out, to move in. Just that fact should be enough to ring alarm bells.

the notion that israel isn't an aphartheid state is ridiculous beyond words..

The notion that Israel is an "Apartheid State" is just plain stupid, no matter how many times the Israel haters repeat it. It has been pointed out many times how silly that is and Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza are not citizens of Israel. They have chosen to be enemies of Israel. They don't count.

Yes, I know that Jews are involved with this website. I don't care. The facts are beyond dispute.

Not one single apartheid practice applies to Israel. Israel is by far the most racially mixed and tolerant nation in the entire Muslim Middle East. Arabs, who are about 20% of Israels population, enjoy, without any exception, the same rights and opportunities in all fields as their Jewish fellow citizens. The total equality of all Israelis is assured in Israels founding document.

Wrong again, UG.

You really need to start reading your links before posting them. An opinion piece by a far left nut and a couple of others claiming that Israel MIGHT turn into one in the FUTURE proves my point. Claiming that Israel is an "Apartheid State" is just plain stupid.

If you read the first Haaretz link more carefully, UG, you will see that the editor uses the present tense and says the Citizenship Laws makes Israel an apartheid state already.

It certainly takes some chutzpah and arrogance to label the Jewish Israeli editor of Haaretz, the US Secretary of State and UK’s most influential Jew as stupid left wing nuts. It is perhaps people such as they who are ultimately greater friends of Israel than you.

Anyway, if its more facts you want, try this poll as a measure of the attitude of Israeli Jews towards Palestinians....much the same as I discovered for myself when discussing the conflict with young Israelis when I visited.

Israelis favour discrimination against Arabs - poll

A majority of Israeli Jews favour introducing discriminatory policies against the country's Arab population and would support an "apartheid" system in the West Bank if it were ever annexed, an opinion poll has shown.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/9628155/Israelis-favour-discrimination-against-Arabs-poll.html

Edited by dexterm
  • Like 2

Some Israelis are prejudiced against people that they have been fighting for 100 years. What a shocker that is. Try polling Palestinians on Jews and see what happens. rolleyes.gif

If you read the first Haaretz link more carefully, UG, you will see that the editor uses the present tense and says the Citizenship Laws makes Israel an apartheid state already.

Haaretz= far left nut. That is what they are known for. It is not exactly a secret.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Some Israelis are prejudiced against people that they have been fighting for 100 years. What a shocker that is. Try polling Palestinians on Jews and see what happens. rolleyes.gif

Haaretz= far left nut. That is what they are known for. It is not exactly a secret.

Haaretz..Israel's oldest daily newspaper founded in 1918, with former Israeli President, twice Prime Minister and 1948 war veteran Shimon Peres as one of its exclusive bloggers. Nut jobs??..
  • Like 1

Trying to avoid 'bickering' here.

We have seen:

- Israel being an Apartheid State;

- Temporary close of some sacred mount due to criminal activity - "a declaration of war";

- Reopening of the same sacred mount;

What remains to be seen is "well behaved Muslim friends of Israel".

I am not trolling, just expecting an example of a place, time, country, continent where this happens.

• Like 1

The shooter of Rabbi Glick was later killed by the Israel Security forces.

Typical Islamic Jihadist terrorist response to that as well. Praising the shooting of a Jew for praying. What else needs to be said?

Islamic Jihad and Hamas both praised the shooting on Thursday. Islamic Jihad spokesman in Gaza Daud Shihab said that the “radical Zionist” got what was coming to him, and called him a dangerous inciter. Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum praised the “heroic attack” and called on East Jerusalem residents and Palestinians in general to carry out more terrorist attacks against Israelis.

Fatah’s youth movement in Jordan also claimed in a message posted Thursday morning on the movement’s Facebook page that Hijazi belonged to the organization.

“With great pride Fatah salutes the martyr, its heroic ‘martyr of Jerusalem’ Mu’taz Hijazi, who carried out the assassination of Rabbi Yehudah Glick,” a poster on the Facebook page read.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/glicks-shooter-may-have-had-accomplice-shin-bet-says/

Was there a proper trial and due process carried out, or did they just murder some Palestinian after "deciding" it was the right guy?

Israel the great democracy obviously would have had a trial? But they're also quiet keen at handing out "justice" in the form of "extra judicial killings".

Edited by japsportscarmad

I wouldn't bother poling them they will say they hate you. Actually that's the point really there can't be any peace as both sides are so polarised and don't want it deep down.

And both suport and have supported terrorism against the other side in one form or another.

Closing a holy site temporarily clearly as a safety measure after a rabbi was shot is an act of war, is it?

This Abbas character is becoming a real drama queen.

He claims to want peace ... but he clearly wants to stir it up as he knows he is fading and very unpopular and can no longer compete with radical Islamic Jihadist Hamas, even in the West Bank.

It's like he's trying to out Hamas Hamas. bah.gif

I'm the last to defend Israel but:

Abass is powerless and doesn't convince me he wants peace.

You can't criticise the Israelis on the mount issue actually they are pretty fair considering the security situation and opposition from right wing jews, who want to build their third temple. And there's no justification in a murder.

The problem is the mount was originally a holy jewish site then Christian, then and now Muslim. As Jerusalem as whole has been controlled by all 3 it's a fairly polarising city.