Spanish Con Man Caught In Thailand

Lite Beer

5 cops for one farang. Why not send the whole police station.

BTW: Still waiting for the big arrest of someone linked in Thailand with money but as I said before Pruyuth's cabinet or Thaksin cabinet etc they are all in for the money.

Even in two years no big fish will be arrested except some beach guys that will come back a month later for their jetski.

A total farce

Yup : nobody wants to open Pandora's box.

They differ in their 'style' of course : Thaksin and Chalerm are evil SOB's whereas most are just after the money - but they are all in it up to their necks.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny though, how they always seem to gravitate towards Pattaya or Phuket. Must be the entertainment factor?

Bienvenida senor Luis..

Perhaps Tacos get harder to find elsewhere...... and everyone likes to be beside the sea!

True, and in Pattaya's case better to be beside the sea rather than in it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The cop on the right hand side could do with some regular foot patrols.....but no-where near a Dunkin Donuts!

I've found that people who judge the appearance of others are often lacking in their own being. Prejudice, of whatever veil, is still ugly.

If you are not equipped to do your job, you should not be in that job. What use is an overweight and unfit cop? You cannot be overweight and fit. Cops have to chase and catch criminals, so overweight ones will be unable to do that.

So in what I have said, am I lacking in my own being? Am I prejudiced? I would not say so.

Don't have to be that fit to type Run "cmd" <enter> on a keyboard.....................wink.png

Different type of policing.

Edited by chrisinth

Surprised that not many of the keyboard sleuths here have picked up on the fact that he was travelling on a fake Mexican passport.

Unless the information was provided by the Spanish authorities, or the Thai immigration have really good access to global multinational databases, or they were extremely lucky in their search, I wonder how they caught someone who changed their name from Mr. Luis Batlle Vilaseca to Mr.Luis Manuel Batlle Costa?

Of course, there are a lot of similarities in the names, which would make me wonder if someone is going to the trouble of getting a fake passport, why keep the names so similar?

Be good, or be good at it as they say.............................wink.png

Glad he was caught though, regardless of how it happened. These people who con others rank alongside rapists and pedos for me.

Wow 2,500,000 Euros or about $3,250,000US. A man that smart should not be hindered by people working for peanuts. Let him go and spread some real happiness in Pattaya. Surely he is a quality tourist. He qualifies for a retirement visa. coffee1.gif

Adios more like, he'll be on a flight back soon.

Shame they can't catch the 2 to 12 THAI conmen we are all continually reading about in the main headlines. sad.png

Why do some people post ridiculous, nonsense posts such as this? Can you point to an example of the conmen reports "we are all continually reading about in the main headlines"?

No real sleuth work on the part of the Thai authorities, just answered the telephone and popped him when his flight landed.

Really. I mean, I don't know why they even bother, with all the keyboard sleuths hard at work here.

As a fellow journo friend of mine is fond of saying, if you think the RTP are a pack of incompetent fools, just commit a serious crime here and see how long it takes for them to come knocking. You might just be surprised.

Once again a very rare but true fact containing post.

Thank you.

Only true if large sums of money can be gained for the police. Otherwise they cannot be bothered... Without money, you have to pay the police to make a report ! Look what an excellent job the Thai police did on the Blue Diamond affair... :-) With millions of dollars at stake, not only did they not solve the crime, they started murdering people. Amazing Thailand indeed.

It is scaring. All these distinguished police high ranking commanders at the press conference for catching a false passport.

Who was behind the wheel of the leadership of Thailand's Law and Order command during their absence.....?

"Who was behind the wheel of the leadership of Thailand's Law and Order command during their absence.....?"

...the other 229,996 officers perhaps?

Don't we have some regular farang losers on this site. Never happy, never positive; poor drunken souls who remain in Thailand even though they hate it and complain everyday. Same farangs probably unwanted by their own countrymen.

Absolutely Larry.

Just a moaning, groaning bunch of buffoons and losers that seem to bear grudges against the whole of Thailand and I dare say the world. These people come on with the intent to spoil these threads for everyone, manipulating the themes of these threads into a Thai bashing farce.

If some posters have nothing constructive to say, than why bother posting at all?

Well done the BiB for apprehending the Spanish conman, his arrest has probably saved many people from becoming his next innocent victims.

Well said, both of you.

If you are not equipped to do your job, you should not be in that job. What use is an overweight and unfit cop? You cannot be overweight and fit. Cops have to chase and catch criminals, so overweight ones will be unable to do that.

"If you are not equipped to do your job, you should not be in that job."

Do you know what that senior officer's qualifications are and what his specific job is within the RTP force?

An overweight police officer has never caught a criminal? Are you sure?

Edited by Sviss Geez

"If you are not equipped to do your job, you should not be in that job."

Do you know what that senior officer's qualifications are and what his specific job is within the RTP force?

An overweight police officer has never caught a criminal? Are you sure?

Yes,he could catch a criminal if he had to chase him on foot,and the criminal was as fat as he is, unless the criminal tripped and fell.

It does not matter what rank he is, or what his job is, He is a policeman in uniform, and may have to replace another cop, if the station was understaffed.. If he is overweight, it limits his ability to do certain jobs, and anyone in the police, fire brigade or armed forces, should be suspended or fired if the are overweight. It should be in their contract of employment.

Lets not forget that this man is to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

555 . This is not America, so for example he is not necessarily considered innocent until proven guilty. He is an international crim, by any standard, and should face heavy fines and gaol. Then he can be extradited to Europe or where ever to face a proper justice.

What's wrong with learning a trade and getting a job?

No real sleuth work on the part of the Thai authorities, just answered the telephone and popped him when his flight landed.

Really. I mean, I don't know why they even bother, with all the keyboard sleuths hard at work here.

As a fellow journo friend of mine is fond of saying, if you think the RTP are a pack of incompetent fools, just commit a serious crime here and see how long it takes for them to come knocking. You might just be surprised.

Once again a very rare but true fact containing post.

Thank you.

Only true if large sums of money can be gained for the police. Otherwise they cannot be bothered... Without money, you have to pay the police to make a report ! Look what an excellent job the Thai police did on the Blue Diamond affair... :-) With millions of dollars at stake, not only did they not solve the crime, they started murdering people. Amazing Thailand indeed.

Where large sums of money is involved it is not ONLY the RTP that scrambles... many do very discreetly.

• 4 weeks later...

Must be a slow day at the BIB head office that police generals are photo opp with a petty criminal....

You wouldn't think it so petty if you had lost 500 Euro.

When the Thai authorities get something wrong, you're always ready to mock them.

Likewise ..

When the Thai authorities get something right, you're always ready to mock them.

coffee1.gif Boring

Have to agree that 20K฿ per person add's up quite fast to a significant sum. Seen plenty of these conning a-holes, and they tend to concentrate on the same touristy neighbourhoods, preying on easy money targets. I'd have the types rot a couple of years in jail in TH, before sending home for further sentencing. (And yes - should I be a con-artist and got caught, I'd want the same treatment applied to myself, before the rights activists crucify my opinion giggle.gif )