DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

Mr Mon needs to be independently DNA ASAP, he needs to explain where he was at the time of the murders, he needs to explain why he encroached on a crime scene, he need to explain why he threatened a member of the public's life in a convenience store.

He was DNA tested early on and the test results were quick and (surprise!) he was cleared. As for asking him questions: he was interviewed for 3 hours early in the investigation. Both then, and any time after, do you think he's going to answer any questions honestly if he and/or his nephew were involved in the crime? Mon is not stupid and he can't be coerced (he's rich, is already well-connected and he knows torture is not allowed). Here's a sample Q&A with Mon:

cop: "were you involved in the crime on the beach?"

Mon: "no."

cop: "do you know who was?"

end of interview.

Mon: "yes the 2 burmese playing guitar"
end of interview
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something interesting about how the legal system in Thailand works that is not the same as many other places, at least as I understand it:

The prosecutor is not allowed to be involved in the investigation at all.

He cannot even interview the suspects...or review all the evidence the police have collected such as CCTV footage, etc.

The police conduct the investigation and give the prosecutor a file to be used in charging and prosecuting the suspects.

They choose what goes into the file and what does not go into the file.

The prosecutor does not see anything that is not put into the file.

The prosecutor has three choices: 1) charge the suspects and take the case to trial using the information in the file,2) officially decide not to prosecute the case, or 3) send the case back to the police and request them to conduct further investigation.

In this case, the prosecutor keeps sending the case back for further investigation, while the police keep stating publicly that the investigation is closed and there is no public evidence of further investigation (although that does not mean one isn't happening).

At least publicly, there appears to be a standoff.

Maybe the DSI will be the way the standoff is broken.

The DSI has had its own issues previously, but it has a new person in charge.

We'll see.

"U must also remember this kind of shit dont happen here "

Tell that to the Thai bar owner whom lost his head to a gun shot

Tell the to the British Holidaymaker found droned in the ocean after falling 50m with only a slight injury

Tell that to the Canadian girls whom were ganged raped

thats just recently and ones that were reported

I can explain last 2 , he got waken up by myanmar cleaner who founded bodies, then he stayed there called police to scene and thats all . U must also remember this kind of shit dont happen here so my quess is police is was bit lost at start wich explains meny commenting. At europe they would have one pr police who gives all statements.

Sean mcanna again was compulsive liar and was never threatened but was chased to super market bcase they actually thought he accidently confessed. Even western bar manager opposite of supermarket and girl working at market said he was going around like a mad man all over the shop.

They called police not mr mcanna at start. But as in 3-4 am at morning when this happened after
mr mc anna had been drinking heavily around the clock . Hes delucional stories carried him even deeper. Police man who arrived was in civil clothes and even he shoved badge bcase he had gun . This idiot created a story hes from mafia and there 2 kill him...

Finally 2 officers arrived in uniform and this guy left the market.

But damage was done hes post was spreading and suddenly it was mafia trying kill him.

Ridiculous,absolutely ridiculous.
Even the sky news reporter later admitted he got fooled by Sean and by the way .

Where is he now ?? !! ??

• Like 2

Mr Mon needs to be independently DNA ASAP, he needs to explain where he was at the time of the murders, he needs to explain why he encroached on a crime scene, he need to explain why he threatened a member of the public's life in a convenience store.

He was DNA tested early on and the test results were quick and (surprise!) he was cleared. As for asking him questions: he was interviewed for 3 hours early in the investigation. Both then, and any time after, do you think he's going to answer any questions honestly if he and/or his nephew were involved in the crime? Mon is not stupid and he can't be coerced (he's rich, is already well-connected and he knows torture is not allowed). Here's a sample Q&A with Mon:

end of interview.

Not only is that not a sample, it is also not realistic.

What it is, is you again claiming to know things you have no clue about.

Just like your mind reading act with me, and your conflating asking for specific help, with crazed conspiracy theorists actually being of help in any investigation.

• Like 1

Do know the shooting ,it was thai -thai ,not know more? Heard was self defence.

Gang rape? Not heard at all.

Fall from rock ,both theories possible.

But after read those news after parents come out with story went have look place and seemed possible that if u fall from there u would get bashed to rocks.

But as said earlier not much happens here.

You guys painting this place as somekind of death trap movie style mafia island . Well its not,but what do you care or believe.

• Like 1

end of interview.

Just like your mind reading act with me, and your conflating asking for specific help, with crazed conspiracy theorists actually being of help in any investigation.

The more you yourself keep accusing the majority of being 'crazed conspiracy theorists' the more you yourself will be discredited particularly when you have vested interests along with your hubby with prominent people in Koh Tao.

end of interview.

The more you yourself keep accusing the majority of being 'crazed conspiracy theorists' the more you yourself will be discredited particularly when you have vested interests along with your hubby with prominent people in Koh Tao.

Neither I nor my husband have any vested interests in Koh Tao. (he doesn't know anyone there at all)

Just a question? Is it bad to try and defend place u live ? Or people who you know,who are falsely accused?

Where im from its teached in school and allready before school at home old ma teached that if u not shure keep your mouth shut.

Then I suggest mentioning that to the RTP who were the ones that started shouting their mouths off

• Like 1

Neither I nor my husband have any vested interests in Koh Tao. (he doesn't know anyone there at all)

But you have to concede there are posters on here who do have vested interests on KT who are calling people conspiracy theorists and the longer this goes on the more those interests could be affected, and there are certainly agenda's being played out on this and other threads which appear to be beyond, debate & discussion on a topic ?

Here's something interesting about how the legal system in Thailand works that is not the same as many other places, at least as I understand it:

The prosecutor is not allowed to be involved in the investigation at all.

He cannot even interview the suspects...or review all the evidence the police have collected such as CCTV footage, etc.

The police conduct the investigation and give the prosecutor a file to be used in charging and prosecuting the suspects.

They choose what goes into the file and what does not go into the file.

The prosecutor does not see anything that is not put into the file.

The prosecutor has three choices: 1) charge the suspects and take the case to trial using the information in the file,2) officially decide not to prosecute the case, or 3) send the case back to the police and request them to conduct further investigation.

In this case, the prosecutor keeps sending the case back for further investigation, while the police keep stating publicly that the investigation is closed and there is no public evidence of further investigation (although that does not mean one isn't happening).

At least publicly, there appears to be a standoff.

Maybe the DSI will be the way the standoff is broken.

The DSI has had its own issues previously, but it has a new person in charge.

We'll see.

Sounds very similar to the UK actually where the Crown Prosecution Service prosecute after police pass the completed case to them.

But you have to concede there are posters on here who do have vested interests on KT who are calling people conspiracy theorists and the longer this goes on the more those interests could be affected, and there are certainly agenda's being played out on this and other threads which appear to be beyond, debate & discussion on a topic ?

Are there?

If someone has business interests there, I am not aware of it.

I assume there could be. I also assume there could be agendas from people on the other side.

@jdinasia

Oh really, so its only you that knows the Thai diving instructors and business, and the professional people, not your husband. Got it

Yes, none of which makes a "vested interest"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/vested-interest

I'm afraid not everything fits into the box or can be labeled

It is your label. Totally wrong, but I am used to that.

@jdinasia

Oh really, so its only you that knows the Thai diving instructors and business, and the professional people, not your husband. Got it

Yes, none of which makes a "vested interest"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/vested-interest

I'm afraid not everything fits into the box or can be labeled

It is your label. Totally wrong, but I am used to that.

Quick. Someone call the Guiness Book.

I finally found the only person on planet earth that trusts the Thai Police.

I see the Lawyers council of Thailand have at least made a stand on this outrageous act of discrimination In Koa Tao and the Surat Thani area

"The Lawyers Council of Thailand today spoke out against a curfew recently imposed on migrant workers in Surat Thani, saying it is unconstitutional, racial discrimination."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/11/04/curfew-migrant-workers-illegal-and-racist-lawyers-council-says

• Like 1

In the long-term there is little risk of tourism to Koh Tao falling off much.

Diving is still good. Island life is still laid back.

They might lose some tourists in the short-term, but even that isn't a given. If people think that it will be less crowded it may actually increase the numbers

It was Thai on Thai and IF you are on Koh Tao....YOU do know about it

Do know the shooting ,it was thai -thai ,not know more? Heard was self defence.

Gang rape? Not heard at all.

Fall from rock ,both theories possible.
But after read those news after parents come out with story went have look place and seemed possible that if u fall from there u would get bashed to rocks.

But as said earlier not much happens here.
You guys painting this place as somekind of death trap movie style mafia island . Well its not,but what do you care or believe.

They might lose some tourists in the short-term, but even that isn't a given. If people think that it will be less crowded it may actually increase the numbers

It's strange that there were quite a few articles covering their arrival to Thailand but nothing since then. I wonder if there is a news blackout and if so, why?

Weren't they supposed to spend only a week or so here?

Nah not strange at all.....just like it's also not strange that CsiLA has not posted anything of real interest the last few days. Also not strange that there are no further reports in the British media. Andrew Drummond's last post was on October 27th -isn't that a week ago. Ah well -he must be on a holiday or so. coffee1.gif

Or perhaps it's all being censored now? crazy.gif Or maybe CsiLA is desperately searching for "credible" evidence that Ko Tao mafia is so influential and incredibly rich that they have now even bribed Scotland Yard... OMG!!!

Wow the plot thickens...

Diving is still good?

One of my Family is a PADI Master instructor.. He went to Koh Tao last year...in his words...."total Sh*t" never again...the same applies for all the Gulf Of T/.......low visibility and dwindling sea life

• Like 1

Is that speculation, educated guess or an opinion? Any of those is fine by me, its unfortunate you don't allow others to do the same without calling them conspiracy theorists.

My opinion is that Koh Tao is going to suffer and by all accounts it already is.