DNA results from Ko Tao village head’s son don't match traces on slain British tourists

Lite Beer

So what the hell happened today? Was there an indictment or not?

6th extension to detainment, prosecutor still not ready.

Really? Ive seen no news yet.

Prosecutor said case was ready to proceed before Friday??

More smoke and mirrors?

I am guessing the instruction to the RTP to find more witnesses may be a problem although

many islanders may be suffering enough financially to sell their souls.

Here you go smile.png

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1417512098&section=

Thanks for that.

Interesting ambiguous reference to witnesses from the prosecutor.

I wonder who they have paid or threatened found that previously failed to come forward?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the Thai PBS article which was right on the mark in terms of the investigation? The one which caused the about turn the following day?

Well I cannt find it any more on their website.

Strange that, can anyone else still find it?

Does anyone remember the Thai PBS article which was right on the mark in terms of the investigation? The one which caused the about turn the following day?

Well I cannt find it any more on their website.

Strange that, can anyone else still find it?

This one? http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

• Like 1

6th time they have had to apply to detain while they mince about with a so called perfect case whistling.gif

This isnt going to just go away, the British reports will be concluded and released the first week of January, time is ticking for the RTP to get this farce over and done before hand.

I must say they are taking things incredibly slowly for a perfect case, then again perhaps submitting for a delay 5 times IS a perfect case here coffee1.gif

6th time they have had to apply to detain while they mince about with a so called perfect case whistling.gif

This isnt going to just go away, the British reports will be concluded and released the first week of January, time is ticking for the RTP to get this farce over and done before hand.

I must say they are taking things incredibly slowly for a perfect case, then again perhaps submitting for a delay 5 times IS a perfect case here coffee1.gif

There's an unconfirmed report over at this thread that its arrived http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780917-prosecutors-set-to-arraign-myanmar-men-for-koh-tao-killings/page-10

"According to a source in the RTP Bangkok the UK report was received three days ago. It is in English and is currently being translated into Thai. Once translated it will be sent on to all the Farces in DIstrict 8. This from a very reliable source."

Number 3 - post - #231

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

So what the hell happened today? Was there an indictment or not?

6th extension to detainment, prosecutor still not ready.

Really? Ive seen no news yet.

Prosecutor said case was ready to proceed before Friday??

More smoke and mirrors?

I am guessing the instruction to the RTP to find more witnesses may be a problem although

many islanders may be suffering enough financially to sell their souls.

Here you go smile.png

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1417512098&section=

Khaosod reports that the court has again approved the prosecutors' sixth request to extend their detention.

Whether you believe in all things astrological or not - the number seven might seeming fitting at this time;

The number 7 is the seeker, the thinker, the searcher of Truth (notice the capital "T"). The 7 doesn't take anything at face value -- it is always trying to understand the underlying, hidden truths. The 7 knows that nothing is exactly as it seems and that reality is often hidden behind illusions.

source: http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/7

Edited by catsanddogs
  • Like 1

There's an unconfirmed report over at this thread that its arrived http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780917-prosecutors-set-to-arraign-myanmar-men-for-koh-tao-killings/page-10

"According to a source in the RTP Bangkok the UK report was received three days ago. It is in English and is currently being translated into Thai. Once translated it will be sent on to all the Farces in DIstrict 8. This from a very reliable source."

Number 3 - post - #231

No disrespect to number 3 but its very unlikely the RTP have anything other yet than a thanks for having us note from the UK police

There are two very different investigations going on re this case in the UK, Internal and external. Both are linked but only one will have any remit or instructions to share anything, and that will be the pre arranged and sanctioned one before the UK police ever set foot in Thailand which might share some findings and then theres the FO coroners investigation and hearing and full police and autopsy reports and findings that simply will not share a thing until the official hearing commences and is concluded in Jan.

The only report the Thai authorities MAY have is the UK police report filed on the return of the visiting detectives that would usually be shared and sanctioned, maybe some summery findings, recommendations or thoughts of anything they have been ordered to share but thats it, not the files marked confidential. The defence would also have a copy if they request it and im sure they will have if it exists. Anything the British police report or shared with the RTP re the case would also have to be available to the B2 legal defence team as well as the prosecution.

I find it very hard to believe the British Authorities would release investigation findings to just Thai Police before the official hearing and investigation report date has taken place in the UK or the case in Thailand has even come to court, its really not how the British system works. To release early would go against all UK law procedure,confidentiality and respect to the families of the victims.

Far as any document in translation is concerned I wouldnt believe anything printed unless its an official copy from an official British source and not a Thai newspaper.

Its much more likely the RTP will try and have this case concluded BEFORE the Jan UK investigation, hearings and conclusion on these murders are made public.

After the official UK hearings I dont think anyone will be left in much doubt how appallingly handled this case has been throughout.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

People living on Koh Tao and with knowledge of the island have previously told the Guardian they believe the murder is connected to one of a series of dominant Thai families who own much of the tourism infrastructure on Koh Tao. There is no corroborating evidence for this, and Thai police have dismissed the idea.

Says today's Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/02/thai-men-british-backpackers-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-appeal

• Like 1

Interesting times ahead on the island then, on one side the RTP trying to prove their worth and allegedly not beyond paying or using any number of methods to get their version of events, verses the cream of British tabloid journalism who, coincidentally, are not beyond paying or any number of methods to get their exclusive.

• Like 1

Norwich Evening News 1 October 2014

Speaking at the inquest, senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said Miss Witheridge had been indentified using DNA taken from her parents - Tony and Susan Witheridge.

Post-mortem examinations revealed that Ms Witheridge died from “severe head wounds”.

The inquest has been adjourned until January 6, 2015.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/mobile/news/hannah_witheridge_inquest_opens_as_police_search_for_three_people_believed_to_be_involved_in_her_murder_1_3790331

NB: I was just trying to find the exact date of the official inquest report.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Thailandchilli:No we know that from the public stats on facebook, strange how you also make previous statements that some articles online in the media are published just for views, still we are used to you're contradictions

Jdinasia: Strange how that is not what I said. I am used to people not being able to read

@Thailandchilli: So you didn't say

"Such amazing worldwide attention that business on the island is up, according to the Guardian"

and then in a response to the same article that didn't fit your view you said

"Just marketing by the Guardian. Sells papers /page views"

Would you like the link for that, sounds like you either have a memory problem or...........

@Jdinasia: Context matters

"Yes, but keep in mind this was done by The Guardian supplying the 2 Burmese with pen and paper. "

My "just marketing " statement was in response to the statement above.

@Thailandchilli So you now have admitted it but said it was in context, really, nothing to do with the fact that you said you never said it at all then

Yes, you took a quote out of context.

Context matters. You are aware of this.

Thailandchilli:No we know that from the public stats on facebook, strange how you also make previous statements that some articles online in the media are published just for views, still we are used to you're contradictions

Jdinasia: Strange how that is not what I said. I am used to people not being able to read

"Such amazing worldwide attention that business on the island is up, according to the Guardian"

Would you like the link for that, sounds like you either have a memory problem or...........

"Yes, but keep in mind this was done by The Guardian supplying the 2 Burmese with pen and paper. "

@Thailandchilli So you now have admitted it but said it was in context, really, nothing to do with the fact that you said you never said it at all then

Yes I can see that you use context as an excuse for lying

• Like 1

Nope, as I have stated and as you are aware, you took two unrelated statements and used one out of context. I understand your desperation, but it remains a fact that context matters.

Nope, as I have stated and as you are aware, you took two unrelated statements and used one out of context. I understand your desperation, but it remains a fact that context matters.

And I can see that you desperately trying to wriggle out of being exposed for what you really did, this is my last comment on the issue, its in black and white on here as proof, its up to others to judge

And I can see that you desperately trying to wriggle out of being exposed for what you really did, this is my last comment on the issue, its in black and white on here as proof, its up to others to judge

Just like he totally tried to dodge my direct question to him about what hard evidence made him believe that the B2 were the killer as he stated. When he realised he was caught out he just ignored the questions and carried on his pettiness with other members.

This whole thread is a testament to how he acts, why are you still even bothering with him?

• Like 1

Yes it is. You are desperate to try and win a point by having taken a statement out of context. When viewed in the context of the post it answered my meaning was clear.

Back on topic smile.png

Just another reason the court case if it goes ahead should dismiss the DNA as evidence. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14282751

"Experts said the collection of DNA evidence fell short of international standards, with police failing to wear the correct protective equipment."

Talk about focusing on the small stuff, cops weren't wearing the right gloves. Meanwhile the main suspect in this double murder was caught pre-dawn on cctv running between his bar and the crime scene, and then after dawn marching around inside the sealed off crime scene area, before getting caught on another cctv a week or so later threatening to hang a tourist to frame for the murder. And people are still moaning about the wrong protective equipment.

<deleted>, some perspective is in order here.

Back on topic smile.png

Just another reason the court case if it goes ahead should dismiss the DNA as evidence. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14282751

"Experts said the collection of DNA evidence fell short of international standards, with police failing to wear the correct protective equipment."

Talk about focusing on the small stuff, cops weren't wearing the right gloves. Meanwhile the main suspect in this double murder was caught pre-dawn on cctv running between his bar and the crime scene, and then after dawn marching around inside the sealed off crime scene area, before getting caught on another cctv a week or so later threatening to hang a tourist to frame for the murder. And people are still moaning about the wrong protective equipment.

<deleted>, some perspective is in order here.

And here he is standing behind the police at the parade of the B2.

0.jpg

Only a week earlier the police had arrested him and said

"Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

Back on topic smile.png

, some perspective is in order here.

0.jpg

"Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

They have since gathered evidence that proved he wasn't. He was in the 3rd set of suspects. By your argument they must have the killers in custody now since they were amongst the first set of suspects.

• Like 1

Back on topic smile.png

, some perspective is in order here.

0.jpg

They have since gathered evidence that proved he wasn't. He was in the 3rd set of suspects. By your argument they must have the killers in custody now since they were amongst the first set of suspects.

What evidence? The 12 hr DNA test turnaround ? That previously the police didn't have the technology to do!