grinding noise when front braking on kawasaki 300 abs

skilled

I was riding my motorcycle in a road with lots of small rocks where new pavement was being built and there was a lot of mud.

soon after that thee grinding noise began , its been 3 weeks so far but i havent had time to go check it( i know).

been using the rear brake 80% of the time now.

does anybody here knows what it could be?

i will have it checked on monday btw.

( also does anybody know of a good mechanic that specializes on kawasaki and opens til late in the evening? )

most dealers close at 5 pm.

Edited by skilled

what you most like have to do is?

1. Remove the brake pads and polish them with sand paper on a flat surface ( I did exactly this for my rear pads on my CB500).

First braking will not have a grip, but wait a while and it will be perfect again.

2. Or, get new pads if they are nearly end of age.

the sooner you fix it, the better, otherwise your disk will start building some undulations.

my disks got some undulations from that, but not a problem.

it happened when I rode in wet and dirty conditions and used rear brake a lot.

I have the same bike and it shouldn't be a problem. If the noise doesn't go away just go to Kawasaki and they will clean whatever they need to for little cost or likely free. Are you in Bangkok? If so, Motoholic service centre is open on Sundays and they have never charged me anything for minor adjustments etc.

Having a couple of minor grooves in your discs is no big deal apparently. From what I have read, your pads will simply wear to match those grooves, so you will lose no braking power.

Almost certainly a foreign body embedded in the brake pad, even one grain of sand will do it. Remove the brake pad and clean with a wire brush and brake cleaner, if that doesn't fix it buy new pads. Pads are cheaper than new discs.

Just allowing your discs to wear groves is not an answer and it will diminish braking ability.