True High or Low speed ..again, again, again

petedk

I am at my wits end with True.

I posted earlier about the Ultra High Speed Cable Internet not working. There were all sorts of excuses. Undersea cable break, new surveillance system and God knows what.

Recently True seemed to work better in the mornings , although at night it came to a standstill.

I just tried a speed test again and received a speed of 0.83Mbps. (I pay for 16 Mbps). I tried to call True only to be met with a recording talking about a maintenance. (I actually hung up before the message finished).

Is this going to go on forever?

What decent alternatives are there to True?

About three months ago I resubscribed to True ADSL on the 599bt package (because my TOT fiber has dreadful international routing). I think it was 10/1 then and since got a free upgrade to 12/1. It's been incredibly reliable and consistent with great speeds, often maxing out on torrents and some downloads at any time of day or night. Not sure what's wrong with your cable. I guess it comes down to location and quality of the lines.

As for alternatives I hear that 3bb and CAT are pretty good but availability depends on your location.

I can't answer your questions, but, based on my recollection of the hundreds of posts/threads here on True Online DOCSIS internet service, most seem very satisfied to extremely satisfied with the service.

How long have you had this service? Where are you located? Did it ever work acceptably? What is the exact make/model of your modem/router? Do you experience problems with a WiFI connection? Wired? Both? Are you using another device behind the True Cable modem? Is there any indication on the cable modem of an issue? What DNS server(s) are you using?

What are your results using: http://speedtest.trueinternet.co.th/

I would attempt to get a True Online technician on-site to trouble-shoot the problem, test the characteristics of the line and possible replace the modem.

Availability of other services would be highly dependent upon exact location.

I've had TRUE ONLINE ADSL for more than 5 years (Phra Khanong, Bangkok) and it has been generally reliable. I did go through a period when I was constantly loosing my internet connection and went through several TRUE provided wireless routers, a Billion and 3 different Xycel's before finally getting one up to the task...fine since. My building has very old and patchy telephone wiring and sometimes that is part of the problem.

You may be experiencing one of those "perfect storms" where a number of convergent factors are hindering your service and no one solution is the answer.

I have 3BB with VDSL which in theory has a download speed of up to 30 Mb/s and upload up to 3 Mb

- the very high speeds are connecting to servers in Thailand

- when downloading from servers in Germany or USA the average download is 10 Mb/s...except the evenings (from 6 p.m) of Friday, Saturday and Sunday when it becomes as slow as average 700 Kb/s : I now download only large files during the morning of the working days.

If that 0.83Mb speed you are talking about is local/in-Thailand speed then you definitely have a problem---a local problem most likely. I'm on a True DOCSIS/cable 15Mb/1.5Mb plan here in Bangkok. I did a couple of speed tests at around 10:20am this morning using the TOT speedtest and True speedtest to their Bangkok servers and below are my results. And due to DOCSIS download "bursting" capability, it's not uncommon for my in-Thailand download speed to be twice the rated speed (i.e.., around 30Mb vs 15Mb) for short periods...periods that last longer than the period of a speedtest. That's why you see the higher than 15Mb download speeds below. Now, international speeds are nothing to brag about, but they appear to be back to normal now compared to a few weeks or a month ago.

post-55970-0-52910400-1414985421_thumb.j

post-55970-0-67770900-1414985430_thumb.j