Vietnam.....pay cash

mr.buffalo

rolleyes.gif You must not be looking very hard.

I have bought 4 tickets to Vietnam over the last 3 years and practically any travel agent will sell you one.

It may require a person to person transaction, meaning it may require you to actually speak to some one in the agency, not just a computer.

The advantage of doing this is that your ticket will show on the computer as a CASH purchase (prepaid) and therefore the Airline will not require you to show your credit card on check in.

You might be lucky enough to be speaking to a young pretty English speaking Thai female who will make the booking.

The travel agent may charge you a fee for doing the booking.

Sometimes things work out, sometimes hey don't.

Last month I made a booking on a flight via Lao Air at their Bangkok office.

It just so happened that Lao Air had a promotion fare to my destination IF it was purchased at their office and not offered on-line.

I actually saved 1600 Baht by purchasing the ticket at the airline office, and not purchasing it on-line.

What I normally do is check the prices on-line, find the airline and flight that has the best on-line fare price.

Then I do not complete the booking, but sign off without completing the booking.

Then I go to the airline office in Bangkok and make a booking there.

But I am an old fossil, and a "dinosaur", so pay attention to anything I say.

rolleyes.gif

Thanks for that IMA_FARANG that is exactly what I want to do, speak to someone in a travel agent. Not sure I am looking for a girl friend who works in travel agent though.

You answered the question admirably but without any relevant information i.e. an address.

I use http://www.saveflights.com/index.php Check out their website and send them an e-mail if you need any help. They will respond in English same day usually. Transfer funds to their account and you will have a e-ticket in an hour. I've used them many times over the years without a problem. Always check the airline websites as sometimes you might find a better deal but generally their prices are very competitive.

• Like 1

I use http://www.saveflights.com/index.php Check out their website and send them an e-mail if you need any help. They will respond in English same day usually. Transfer funds to their account and you will have a e-ticket in an hour. I've used them many times over the years without a problem. Always check the airline websites as sometimes you might find a better deal but generally their prices are very competitive.

Which part of CASH didn't you understand?

Which part of CASH didn't you understand?

I don't know Frits, perhaps you can explain it to me... I go to my bank, hand the teller CASH, and they then credit the bank account of Save Flights...

Edited by kkerry
  • Like 1

you always by direct from an airlines website for the lowest price. air asia is about the cheapest around.

do ypu know how to use a computer?

there's no fraud on ticket purchases booked direct.